Re: Seeking Clarification (repost of typical ECK THREATS)

  • tomleafeater
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 1, 2007
      In answer to the questions sent to me privately:

      H.I books:

      Reading an eckankar H.I. book is no different than reading any other
      eckankar book. In fact, once you procure them from ebay (or whatever
      your source is), you'll likely be very disappointed with the content,
      if you're expecting something earth shattering. There isn't any
      special information in the H.I. books. Its generally the same sort of
      information you'll get from any eckankar book.

      Even the "eckankar initiator's handbook" is lacking anything you
      won't find in the general eckankar information commonly available,
      with the exception of the list of "secret" words the initiator can
      use to give to second initiates.

      The threats that something ominous will befall those who read the
      H.I. books before the fifth initiation is ridiculous. The same fluff
      that is found in Harold's other books, the same style, the same sort
      of stories, the same lack of depth, is found in the H.I books. The
      prose is similar to what you'd find in any of his other writings. I
      can state emphatically there isn't anything in the books that will
      hurt you or damage you. It is laughable, really, that this sort of
      scare tactic is used.

      The H.I. books are unimpressive. Aside from the extra income
      generated from the books for eckankar, which is substantial, the
      books serve the purpose of making the H.I's feel as if they're part
      of a special, elite group. This is the extent of the rewards H.I.'s
      receive after dutifully following eckankar for all those years. And
      oddly, it seems to work very well as a carrot stick for all of the
      members who dream of H.I. stardom. In short, there is nothing in them
      to write home about.

      David Lane:

      I see no evidence at all that Lane took back any words about
      eckankar. In fact, he recently wrote rebuttals to Doug's latest
      revision of his book. His web site is still up with the chapters of
      Lane's book.

      Funny, but Doug had the audacity to pitch his book on Lane's
      Rahdasoami discussion site. Lane was very amiable and polite, but
      stood his ground. You see, the information in the book is factual.
      The information, therefore, stands on its own.

      Sex at seminars:

      Well, any time you get thousands of like-minded people together at a
      nice hotel, there is likely going to be normal human activity, which
      includes sex. Of course there was sex going on. Lots of sex. The
      seminars are just big seminar groupie fests. They make money for
      eckankar, and keep the flock coming back for more.

      Leaf
    • Colleen Russell
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 1, 2007
        Leaf,

        Thank you so much for these revealing quotes. They and our belief in
        them years ago show the power of thought reform. Your commentary is
        excellent as well. I'm glad that you've taken the time to compile
        these.

        Best to everyone,
        Colleen