Re: Seeking Clarification (repost of typical ECK THREATS)

  • tomleafeater
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 29, 2007

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@...> wrote:

      > Happy Halloween,everyone!
      >
      > Awesome quotes, Leaf!

      >But geez, I'm all confused with your two
      > posts, I'm "compiling" them for later use.

      Confused about my posts?  What are you confused about, Sharon?

      Leaf

      >Never used the "Editor",
      > but if I had my druthers I'd still be using my wonderful old 486 and
      > Windows 3.1!
      >
      > One of these days I'd like to buy a subscription at Rubber Chicken
      > cards, but in the meantime I'm "cheating"! This one's great!
      >
      > http://www.rubberchickencards.com/content.php/action/play_card/id/531/
      >
      > And...free candy!!!
      > http://www.kmart.com/ue/home/100807_freeCandy.pdf
      > (Buy something while you're there and help keep KMart alive!
      > Walmarts are too darned big, can't walk that far unless it's in the
      > woods)
      >
      > And on a more serious note, please check out:
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjALf12PAWc
      >
      > Gotta go, anyone have a good cure for chocolate hangover??
      >
      > Hugs,
      >
      > Sharon

    • tomleafeater
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 1, 2007
        In answer to the questions sent to me privately:

        H.I books:

        Reading an eckankar H.I. book is no different than reading any other
        eckankar book. In fact, once you procure them from ebay (or whatever
        your source is), you'll likely be very disappointed with the content,
        if you're expecting something earth shattering. There isn't any
        special information in the H.I. books. Its generally the same sort of
        information you'll get from any eckankar book.

        Even the "eckankar initiator's handbook" is lacking anything you
        won't find in the general eckankar information commonly available,
        with the exception of the list of "secret" words the initiator can
        use to give to second initiates.

        The threats that something ominous will befall those who read the
        H.I. books before the fifth initiation is ridiculous. The same fluff
        that is found in Harold's other books, the same style, the same sort
        of stories, the same lack of depth, is found in the H.I books. The
        prose is similar to what you'd find in any of his other writings. I
        can state emphatically there isn't anything in the books that will
        hurt you or damage you. It is laughable, really, that this sort of
        scare tactic is used.

        The H.I. books are unimpressive. Aside from the extra income
        generated from the books for eckankar, which is substantial, the
        books serve the purpose of making the H.I's feel as if they're part
        of a special, elite group. This is the extent of the rewards H.I.'s
        receive after dutifully following eckankar for all those years. And
        oddly, it seems to work very well as a carrot stick for all of the
        members who dream of H.I. stardom. In short, there is nothing in them
        to write home about.

        David Lane:

        I see no evidence at all that Lane took back any words about
        eckankar. In fact, he recently wrote rebuttals to Doug's latest
        revision of his book. His web site is still up with the chapters of
        Lane's book.

        Funny, but Doug had the audacity to pitch his book on Lane's
        Rahdasoami discussion site. Lane was very amiable and polite, but
        stood his ground. You see, the information in the book is factual.
        The information, therefore, stands on its own.

        Sex at seminars:

        Well, any time you get thousands of like-minded people together at a
        nice hotel, there is likely going to be normal human activity, which
        includes sex. Of course there was sex going on. Lots of sex. The
        seminars are just big seminar groupie fests. They make money for
        eckankar, and keep the flock coming back for more.

        Leaf
      • Colleen Russell
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 1, 2007
          Leaf,

          Thank you so much for these revealing quotes. They and our belief in
          them years ago show the power of thought reform. Your commentary is
          excellent as well. I'm glad that you've taken the time to compile
          these.

          Best to everyone,
          Colleen