Re: I'm new and attended a workshop tonight held by Eckankar members...

  • marlaprendergast
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007
      I believe if you stay in Eckankar long enough, it will destroy your
      soul. This happened to someone very close to me.

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Abigail" <GabbyAbi44@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > So, my sister told me about a workshop that was taking place at
      UC
      > > Davis tonight called, "Dreams, Past lives, and Soul Travel." It
      > > sounded interesting so we attended. I was kind of thrown off by
      the
      > > Eckankar literature on the table since I'd never heard of this
      group
      > > and started to wonder what this was really all about. Then the
      > > workshop organizers started introducing themselves and Eckankar.
      > They
      > > told us that they weren't there to push religion on us or
      anything
      > but
      > > to just use Eck as a framework. They had us try an exercise,
      > the "hu"
      > > song. I almost started busting up laughing because I immediately
      > > thought of the South Park episode where the Scientologists
      thought
      > > Stan was their leader's reincarnation.
      > >
      > > Anyway, I'm home now and googled Eckankar out of curiousity and
      > found
      > > you guys. So, other than the plagiarism thing...what are the
      major
      > > malfunctions? Or what is it that I should be aware of before
      > > continuing these meetings or workshops as they call them? They
      said
      > > it's not about the religion and they respect our beliefs. They
      just
      > > want to talk about past lives and stuff...
      >
      > I think you should keep going to the meetings and pretend you're
      > really into it right down to being amazed when you see a picture
      of
      > Gopal Das (SchmEck Master) and realize he was a man in the park
      who
      > told you as a little girl that "ECK is the only way" and handed
      you a
      > blue lollypop.

    • city.summer
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 11, 2007
        Hi,
        I am by now so relaxed with Eckankar generally that I think this is a
        cute option to play with it, I mean with Eckankar, as long as you do
        it with awareness. But maybe I am too relaxed!?!
        And Ingrid, I agree, A PROPER DREAM TEACHING from a teacher, or real
        good book is essential if one wants to learn about dreams, the
        Eckankar teaching leaves out so much that could be explained so
        easily.
        Summer