Fearless Heart

  • violinmike2002
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2007
      There was a questioning time for me after eckankar where I
      didn't want any religion, wanted to believe in religion and
      participated and lately I think all religions weaken people
      and fill their heads with their particular brand of unprovable
      ideas and "truths" Eckankar moreso.
      That I was so far out as to believe with my little "trips"
      that I had proven what I had been sucking in from the eckenvironment
      Peoples beliefs are underpinnings for their lives and relied
      upon for crisis. I think thats why so many eckists will not
      examine the eckankar experience despite any info to the contrary.
      But some will not settle for false info to live their
      lives. Heres another quote from Robert Ingersoll agnostic
      from 1899 which resonates with me. It was his last public
      address and is entitled Religion available at www.infidels.org
      as are all his works/
      What I have to say may help someone,I hope...
      Uncertainity is not always comfortable but if you get to that
      place its fine you'll work through it...
      Mike

      IX

      Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery.

      It is far better to be free, to leave the forts and barricades
      of fear, to stand erect and face the future with a smile.

      It is far better to give yourself sometimes to negligence, to
      drift with wave and tide, with the blind force of the world, to
      think and dream, to forget the chains and limitations of the
      breathing life, to forget purpose and object, to lounge in the
      picture gallery of the brain, to feel once more the clasps and
      kisses of the past, to bring life's morning back, to see again the
      forms and faces of the dead, to paint fair pictures for the coming
      years, to forget all Gods, their promises and threats, to feel
      within your veins life's joyous stream and hear the martial music,
      the rhythmic beating of your fearless heart.

      And then to rouse yourself to do all useful things, to reach
      with thought and deed the ideal in your brain, to give your fancies
      wing, that they, like chemist bees, may find art's nectar in the
      weeds of common things, to look with trained and steady eyes for
      facts, to find the subtle threads that join the distant with the
      now, to increase knowledge, to take burdens from the weak, to
      develop the brain, to defend the right, to make a palace for the
      soul.

      This is real religion. This is real worship.

      Robert Ingersoll