Re: "Dear friend, our records show your membership has been inactive...

  • Robin Perry
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2007
      I'm surprised they haven't gone to a pyramid (MLM) plan format in
      Eckankult. You know... initiations would be tied to your downline..

      Robin

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973"
      <prometheus_973@...> wrote:

      > Hello Paul, Mish & All,
      > It is strange that the most advanced Souls on the planet
      > (lol) need to maintain an Annual Paid Membership in
      > ECKANKAR or lose initiations (that denote achieved
      > levels of consciousness) from the ECK or SPIRIT.
      >
      > Do the (still living) ECK Masters like Rebazar need to
      > maintain a Paid Annual Membership in ECKANKAR?
      > Or, is RT a Member for Life, but still needs to renew
      > annually? Also, if one has to start over again does that
      > Soul start as a 1st or as a 2nd Initiate? Why the punishment
      > of losing initiations/consciousness? Isn't it the KAL who
      > is assigned this area of punishment and of demoting
      > ECKists? Where is the protection of the Mahanta or is
      > this too associated with $$$? Losing initiations and being
      > demoted because one does not pay money to mammon is
      > a negative act on the part of ECKANKAR. It Does Not depict
      > love, empathy, tolerance or compassion... or even detachment!
      >
      > Where is that talked about "Inner" connection with the Mahanta
      > if one also loses their Inner Initiations via losing the Outer ones?
      > Does the Mahanta need to have money or an annual renewal
      > on the 1st Physical Plane when the Higher Planes of Soul are
      > beyond matter, time, and space? Besides, if its all a "donation"
      > what does it matter if ECKists donate time instead of money?
      > If an ECKist is a channel for the ECK and a positive example then
      > shouldn't this be enough? NO! Money is the key to religion and
      > ECKANKAR proves that it is no different from the rest!
      >
      > Prometheus
      >

      > "Paul Olson" wrote:
      > >
      > > Mish,
      > >

      > > Oh So True!
      > >

      > > I'm a bit slighted in that I never got the 4 ½ year letter.
      Perhaps they
      > > figured that I was a totally lost cause. So very fine with me.
      > >

      > > I left eck about the same time that Kent did….and even though we
      were
      > > friends at the time, we both took pains to keep from telling the
      other our
      > > thoughts.
      > >

      > > My life has done nothing but improve since leaving eckankar.
      When I was an

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Perry" <jinto83@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm surprised they haven't gone to a pyramid (MLM) plan format in
        > Eckankult. You know... initiations would be tied to your
        downline..

        > Robin

        *** Several years ago when my now husband first requested the free
        intro packette, he showed it to me and said it sounds like Eckankar
        is just another MLM Scam! LOL That was 7 years ago when I was
        still an eck HI. I looked over the packette, since I hadn't seen
        one. Sure enough, I saw the same thing!

        Ever wonder if you can really leave Eckankrap? ;-)

        Here is an answer to ponder: (A repost from ???)

        Yes, it's easy enough to quit and tens of thousands of people have.
        The fly in the ointment, though, is that the Eckankar writings are
        riddled with fear tactics right out of Scientology and dire threats
        of what damnation awaits anyone foolish enough to quit. Without the
        Living Eck Master's guidance, all a person's karma is dumped onto his
        head and will likely crush the poor soul. Numerous threats promise
        countless rounds of more miserable lives spent in the astral hells
        and back here on earth. All is not lost, though, if the hapless
        student someday crawls back to the feet of the Living Eck Master and
        asks to be saved. As you may guess, these fear-laden admonitions
        against quitting are only available to the student after
        approximately 10 years of conditioning (er...study), so new members
        have absolutely no idea what less-than-pleasant surprises await them
        down the road.

        Also, after a 5 year period of not sending in membership fees, a
        student loses all initiations and is busted back to rank newbie.
        Considering how fervently Eckankar ties in its initiations to a
        student's spiritual progress, the loss of these have had a
        devastating psychological effect on some sensitive people who weren't
        able to move past all these controlling fear tactics. It's not
        unusual to talk with ex-eckists, people who quit 20 or more years
        ago, and hear that they're still struggling with these fear messages.

        In his day, Twitchell wrote much about the perils of ever trying to
        quit Eckankar. His book Illuminated Way Letters, has been quietly
        withdrawn from publication. In it and other books and discourses, he
        goes on at great length about what happens if anybody tries to
        leave - they lose ALL spiritual progress and must begin again at
        the very bottom of the evolutionary ladder; that is, as minerals. A
        number of his discourses are equally hard on the student. Quite a
        heavyhanded approach, isn't it? And, in typical Eckankar fashion,
        this information is never told to people before they join.

        Although representatives of Eckankar will always downplay this if
        confronted, Harold Klemp continues the threats and fear tactics. In
        fact, some of Klemp's discourses read like the ravings of a very
        troubled soul.

        The wrath of the eck (spirit) crashes down upon anybody who is still
        a slave to the ego and deserts the master. Not once will he see the
        connection between his betrayal of the eck and the horrendous
        troubles that strike him down like a plague on every hand. And thus
        he goes downward on the spiral of awareness until he leaves this body
        in hopeless despair, still wondering why the fates have treated him
        so cruelly.
        Eck Satsang Series 3, Chapter 8.

        Whosoever...shall divulge the secrets of his initiation...shall be
        deprived of his sight and tongue in order to never say anything about
        the degrees of initiation in ECKANKAR.

        Shariyat ki Sugmad - Book 2, pages 177-178, 2nd edition, 10th
        printing, 1988

        "But once the chela [member of Eckankar] has become a member of the
        inner circle, HE CANNOT RESIGN...Those few have found that spiritual
        decay sets in immediately, affecting the health, material life and
        spiritual life, and BRINGS DEATH MORE SWIFTLY."

        Shariyat ki Sugmad - Book 2, page 197, (page 166 in older editions)
      • Robin Perry
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
          I think agoraphobia must be the karmic result of such fear tactics.

          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <ewickings@...>