Naming Names

  • Bob Jones (yeah right)
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23 1:02 PM
      Watcher,

      I hope I'm being clear enough here that there is a network of fully
      sanctioned Ecakankar leaders who use an established but informal
      grapevine of rumor, gossip and hearsay, combined with information
      culled from various initiates reports, as leverage in maintaining
      what they perceive to be the integrity of the eck teachings and the
      organization of eckankar.

      I finally left because I could not condone these methods nor endure
      the invasive and outrageous presumption that fuels them. In the end
      all you have is my word that this was my experience and observation
      for many, many years. A person who reads what I describe has to
      decide what's true for themselves, right?

      I live my life by my own lights. I am by nature an unconventional,
      creative, and inquisitive person. I'm an iconoclast. I've always been
      vocal and experimental in my approach to life, and to my practice and
      teaching of eck. This frequently disturbed the more ignorant and
      sheltered among those I crossed paths with. I drew a great deal of
      fire on the rumor mill in eckankar, but at the same time was
      recognized as a dedicated, enthusiastic leader with some ability to
      inspire people.

      Eventually though, my spirit was about crushed by the weight of the
      censure and hypocracy I found myself subjected to almost constantly.
      The only reason I continued was because I do indeed love life, and I
      held an unreasonable belief that if I did, the consciousness of
      eckankar would right itself and eventually the teachings of the
      indvidual path to God would be reflected in the policies and
      structure of the organization. Sadly I was wrong.

      What I will not do though, is slander others, regardless of my
      perception of them. My experience itself should serve as a warning
      for people to seek life elsewhere. That should be enough input from
      me for any thinking adult, who isn't a complete fool, to make up
      their own mind about these matters.

      About the "methods" of psychological control: I think I've been
      explicit about that so far.

      Of course there's a lot more. But I haven't decided how or whether
      to approach it in this forum--not being certain even how useful it
      would be for me to do so.

      You see, I'm trying to heal--not go on a warpath.

      Mick

    • jr_watcher@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23 6:09 PM
        --- In eckankartruth@y..., "Bob Jones (yeah right)" <Pharmakon11@e...>
        wrote:

        > Of course there's a lot more. But I haven't decided how or whether
        > to approach it in this forum--not being certain even how useful it
        > would be for me to do so.
        >
        > You see, I'm trying to heal--not go on a warpath.
        >
        > Mick

        Good luck on your healing.

        I know a fellow with a similar background to yours -- ex-RESA, Sixth
        Initiate, that left Eckankar around 1990. He never mentioned this
        network, but he was always ranting about having to go through the EIO
        to get to Harold.