Re-post: East of Danger

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2006
      (Gawd, I can't help it - this one is *so* hilarious!!! ROFLMAO!!)

      Subject: How To Become "The Master"!!
      From: "Sharon2000" <brighttigr...@...>
      Date: 17 Jan 2003 03:18:39 GMT
      Newsgroups: alt.religion.eckankar,alt.eckankar

      "Anyone who does a lot of reading of fiction will soon know and
      understand
      the author's mind because he will write book after book making the
      chief
      character and the minor ones in the same mold. This is simply because
      the
      author cannot get out of a groove." Paul Twitchell, The Master
      Discourses
      (members only!)

      From "East of Danger," by Paul Twitchell
      Copyright 1978, by Gail Twitchell Gross
      Published by Illuminated Way Press (Eckankar)

      (Note: "Peddar Zasq" is Twitch's "spiritual name" and still used to
      refer
      to him in the cult to this day. The de-mastered Darwin Gross was "Dap
      Ren"
      ... and Klemp is "Wah Z" (the wail of a baby + sleep!!)

      Page 88:

      Peddar grew sick of the parties. He told Torf that he didn't want to
      go
      again, but she insisted upon it. "It is imperative that you be at
      these
      state banquets because of our reputation. We must always appear in
      public as the priest and priestess of the state! More than that we
      must
      always be affectionate toward one another in public as man and wife!"
      "I am tired of this game," he complained. I want to be out of it.
      Let
      me go away. I will leave this universe. I will go to some far island
      and live alone."

      <snipped stuff, OH! Torf hs been controlling Peddar through drugs in
      his wine and food, by the way. But they don't affect him any more.>
      pge 90:

      (Peddar) "Is there any chance of an escape?"

      She shook her head quietly. "None!"

      He sat down on the couch wondering if it would be of any use to kill
      himself.

      After while she said, "There is a chance for you. But you must have
      great courage!"

      He looked up with hope i his eyes. "I am willing to try it. Remember
      am a warrior!"

      "Are you willing to do anything?"

      "Then kill Lydia in public after one of her dances!" Torf declared
      wildly. "That would prove to them that you hate all Iugays. This
      would
      give you the chance for survival. That would be the real proof to all
      party members who attended the banquet!"

      "You fool!" Peddar leaped from his seat and seized her by the throat.
      "You gaming little idiot! You have been planning this all along in
      order to get rid of your rival in love!"

      She screamed tearing at his fingers. "Don't do it! I am serious!
      This
      is the only way out of your troubles! Please let me go!"

      He shook her like a rat, tightening his fingers upon her throat. She
      grew purple, gasping for breath, fighting at him. His rage passed,
      and
      he threw her upon the couch, where she laid gasping, and watching him
      with strange eyes.

      'Peddar!" she choked half raising herself from the cushions. "Don't
      leave me! I have always loved you. I will never cease to do so even
      from beyond in the Isles of Happiness!"

      "What of that story about my birth that Jason told? Is is true?"
      "No," she gasped. "He concocted it to draw you closer to me. You are
      really Peddar Zaskq! Don't go! There is no chance for you without me!
      "

      "I'm leaving even if I have to kill you, Torf! I hate you for
      everything!"

      She pulled herself up on the bed. "If you go, Peddar, I swear to have
      revenge on you! You cannot flaunt my love like this!"

      "You are lucky that I didn't kill you," he exclaimed leaping for the
      door. "Goodbye Torf! May we never meet again!"

      "Come back, Peddar! Come back before it is too late!" Her cry echoed
      in
      his ears as he ran down the hall toward the great doors of the palace.
      "If you don't Agadnir will have his revenge!"

      He pushed through the great doors into the night. The bright double
      moon was shining in a clear midnight sky. Stopping he drew in a deep
      breath feling like a free man for the first time in ages.

      (Oh...some may notice commas are missing where they should be. That's
      how it is in the book. If there are any skipped "a's," though, that's
      my keyboard.)

      (Now, let's see...I'm just surfing the book...on page 150, Peddar says
      "I am going to kill you, Agadnir!" Let's see...daggar (sic) flashes
      downward...sinks into flesh...then...)

      "Peddar Zaskq was suddenly along in the garden stumbling toward the
      gate
      with the wind howling wildly. It was in him, a part of him, in his
      brain, his bones and his blood.

      He knew now the secret of his own longevity. He was the manifestation
      of the ECK, that great cosmic force of the Sugmad, pulsing like waves
      of
      the ocean throughout the universes.

      He was the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master, the destroyer of Kal, the
      terrible negative force of the lower universes."

      <giggle>

      (Let's see now...next chapter, "Conquest of the Fezzans" ... Twitch,
      whoops I mean Peddar Zaskq, Twitch's "spiritual" identity, cuts the
      head off Agadnir's corpse...and a bolt of lightning rips through the
      temple...page 152, someone named Awki takes the head, and Peddar warns
      him to be careful, it's poisonous...hmmmm...page 153, Peddar warns
      Awki
      that the Androids are coming....)

      ---------------
      From "East of Danger"

      pp. 142-143

      "He spoke tersely. "The time has come, Peddar Zaskq, for your
      greatest
      test. You are to climb the heights of the stony mountain to the
      garden
      of Agadnir. There you will find an old, old man sitting in the
      garden,
      among his roses, puttering with clay!"

      He paused rubbing his grizzled chin, studying Milo keenly. "You will
      kill this old man, decapitate him and bring back the head for proof!"

      "Is this to be such a great test?" Milo smiled.

      Rellim said with deep seriousness, "You will learn that it won't be
      easy! If you succeed I will be greatly surprised!"

      "I will bring back the head," Peddar stated firmly.

      "I wish you the luck of the old magician," Rellim said, then took out
      the dagger that was used to kill the Sleeping Cat of Love. "Use this
      weapon again. It has been blessed by the old magician! It never fails
      if used by a stout-hearted warrior!"

      -------------------------------

      "Y'know, the real reason why I was such a failure in the sense of
      being
      unable to make any sort of a living was because I was really not
      motivated . . . I had no wife, no children or anything . . ."
      Paul Twitchell, "Difficulties of Becoming the Living Eck Master
      (note: Twitch likes to forget his *first* wife, Camille, who
      finally divorced him after what, 10-20 years? because she was
      tired of his screwing around with other women.)

      What does a mediocre pulp fiction writer do when he marries
      a sweet young thing who doesn't want to support him forever?

      He starts a religion, and names himself God!

      FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ECKANKAR, SEE:

      Google Home - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2006
        This story should be made into a Playstation 2 game!

        Alf

        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@...>