Re: Hi Sharon,

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
      Hi Camille -

      Well, I'm glad your name showed up on your new posts! There's
      a big difference between Camille and Mac! <gg>

      I skimmed over all your posts again just now, and noticed you
      referred to praying, which I thought was sort of funny! Maybe
      you didn't get to the "teachings" about prayer...it's really
      black magic. <gg>

      Yep, it sounds like you fell for it hook, line, and sinker just
      like I did!!

      For me, it's "morning" right now, and since I said I'd write,
      here I am!! I've gotta watch that and be more careful about
      promising to write. I did that to someone privately quite
      awhile back and not a day goes by that I don't *try* to, but I
      just haven't. Gonna try to, today, just to get it off "the
      list". Anyway, wouldn't you know it, I say I'm going to write
      in the morning, then end up being up from 2-6 am and re-
      sleeping until noon. This is the 2nd day that's happened!!
      What I like to do best is get up between 4:30 & 6 am, when it's
      still dark, quiet, and peaceful - that's when I'm most
      productive!

      Right now I just don't have much to say about the cult. Just
      keep reading what's on the internet! Oh...it's quite likely
      that like me, you used to think that cults were little groups
      of "weirdos" and various kinds of extremists, so naturally we
      never suspected we were actually *in* one!! I remember a
      special Satsang years back, instead of the usual discourse, the
      subject was "why eckankar's not a cult". That was back in the
      early 90's, and now it's understandable - the HI Arahata had
      obviously gotten special instructions from MN after they saw
      where the internet was heading, and how there were going to be
      problems when members started getting *real* enlightenment!
      The Arahata seemed just as surprised and slightly befuddled
      about the whole thing as I was, sort of amazed that anyone
      would even *think* eckankar was a cult!! Well, there are many
      different kinds of cults. Ekult's relatively "benign".

      Quite often, those nice sincere eckists who give those standard
      replies about "the kal" and how the whole universe is against
      ekult's "truth" and trying to destroy it haven't even bothered
      to look at the evidence. That excuse is standard in cults!!
      It's just one of many cultic techniques/tactics we fell for.

      Well...just keep reading!!

      One thing I found myself doing, because Twitch stole from
      everywhere and ended up producing such a convoluted mess of
      "teachings" from so many sources, I sort of dumped *everything*
      I "believed" in. Right after I left, this involved doing a lot
      of re-examining the eckbooks and *thinking* about it all,
      objectively, and using critical thinking.

      If you haven't gotten to them yet, I hope you'll check out the
      other "ex" groups - EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous and X-Eckankar,
      mostly. There's more activity, and ESA's "Prometheus" posts a
      lot of good commentary on Klemp's more recent writings, like
      the rather new "eckmasters" book. By the way, you might find
      it easier to keep on top of things if you select the "daily
      digest" option for getting group postings.

      The thing is, Klemp *knew* the truth back when he became LEM...
      he knew about the plagiarism, confirmed it through his own (or
      the staff's) research, and he even knows about some plagiarism
      that no one's found yet!! The closest he's come to giving up
      that Astral Library b.s. is calling the plagiarized sources
      "parallel writings". Even the "Great Compiler" moniker is
      misleading baloney...Twitch did *not* uncover hidden truths in
      all the dark corners of the universe or Rebizarre's hut - he
      got them from his local library!!!!!

      Oh...don't know if you've seen alt.religion.eckankar - it's
      quite an experience altho I don't really pay attention to it
      anymore. But, I skimmed a daily digest rather recently and
      very glad I did - "Tianyue" (aka Tom Leafeater, which is how
      I'll always think of him!) posted more new plagiarism he'd
      found in Alan Watts' work! Geez, I carried my Watts book 24/7
      for awhile back in high school in the 60's, but when I got to
      eckankult years later, I still fell for that crap about
      eckstuff "resonating" because I'd learned it in past lives with
      "the master"!

      (BTW, Leaf, if you're reading this - if you've done a paragraph
      by paragraph comparison, feel free to stick it in the "files"
      here and maybe send a copy to David Lane, so maybe he'll get
      around to adding it to the Center for Twitchellian Plagiarism
      site one of these days, along with a lot of other plagiarism
      examples he doesn't have there.)

      And you know, just because something's "old" and accepted as
      "truth", doesn't mean it really is.

      Okay...that's it for me right now!! Hey, enjoy the "Red Hat
      Society"!! I've got a scanned copy of the original poem in the
      "Photos" section here, from a card someone sent me years ago.

      I feel sorry for that Eckist you were going to meet. It's sort
      of odd, though...at first, it's likely she thought that your
      contact was a gift from "the master" or something, exactly what
      she needed at just the right time! Isn't a bit ironic that
      since things didn't turn out as she'd hoped, she's going to
      stop and *not* consider that the *real* blessing in your
      calling her was perhaps an opportunity for her to wake up and
      learn the truth?

      You'd probably be surprised to know your story & experience
      isn't unique at all. It's not unusual for relatively new (and
      even old ones!) eckists to do a bit of web-surfing at just the
      right time, when they were about to get more deeply involved
      and committed to it. And when they take what they've
      discovered to an HI, they'll get the same response you did!

      Anyway, I'd suggest you give yourself some "down time" on the
      "spirituality". Just don't worry about it. Physical life is
      (or can/should be) just as "spiritual" as "non-physical",
      without even thinking about it.

      Oh, one thing I just started doing was something I've wanted to
      for years - study Edgar Cayce a bit. Twitch was quite
      familiar with Cayce, of course...even stole bits & pieces from
      Cayce, like claiming that he could "read" books by putting them
      under his pillow. Here's a bit of "eck history" you probably
      never knew, but I think it reveals something, amazing that I
      put this one on the shelf too, figured it was the kal that made
      me feel a bit uneasy, but like most eckists who notice they're
      starting to *think*, I stopped it by huing. <gg>

      Anyway, Twitch used to charge big $$$ for eck-vidya "readings"
      until eckists broke the "Law of Silence" and started comparing
      their readings. Surprise, surprise - guess what!! They
      learned Twitch was giving the same past-life readings to
      different people! I've gotta find & post what he said...
      basically, he said there were some kind of high holey spirichul
      reasons for these duplicate readings that only a "master" could
      understand, words to that effect. Sort of like in the Wizard
      of Oz - "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!"
      <gg>

      Oh, this is funny!! I just looked thru one box where I thought
      I might have stuck an old seminar pamphlet which listed how
      much he was charging for readings - a pamphlet that also
      offered some of Brad Steiger's books for sale, not just IMSIAF.
      Well, didn't find it but I came across a little booklet I've
      never looked at: "The Eck-Vidya--The Akasa Science of
      Prophecy" by Paul Twitchell, copyright 1968 by PT, my copy's
      the 1972 third printing.

      Darn, wish my scanner hadn't died!! The predictions are
      hilarious, I'd love to scan the whole thing!! One of these
      days maybe I'll type it up - BTW, does anyone remember 1981? A
      tidal wave was supposed to demolish Hawaii. And "about the
      year 2000" nations are supposed to unite to fight alien
      invaders, "one of the greater planets like Mars".

      Hey, I've gotta run!! And I hope tomorrow I start waking up
      at my favorite & usual time before the sun comes up!! It's a
      beautiful day out there!

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Camille <ccaggia@...>
      wrote:

      > Sharon, thank you for sending me to that link...I love it!
      !! Sincerely "Mac"

      I've gotta
      > get to organizing the links & files to make it faster &
      easier for people.

      > You might want to take a little time "off", even just a day
      or two,
      > and instead of reading eckstuff & thinking about it
      constantly, rent a
      > really funny video or two, go for a nice walk in the woods
      or
      > something...get away from it all & relax, and just do
      "normal" things!
      > And, if you haven't yet gotten to it yet, check out:
      > http://www.geocities.com/eckcult/masters.html - it's *so*
      true and
      > you might find it comforting right now.
      >
      > Problem is, when you're out and "recovered", even when
      you've had the
      > best intentions about staying around to help out others, it
      sort of
      > gets "old" and boring and totally uninteresting, and we're
      all just
      > happy to be "out" and enjoying life....especially me! <gg>
      So ET
      > isn't really very active.
      >
      > So, I'll get back to this tomorrow morning - usually I'm a
      bit more
      > chatty when I wake up...actually, *before* I wake up, while
      I'm
      > working on it. <gg> Once I'm really awake I don't really
      feel like
      > being at the computer, especially if it has anything to do
      with "the
      > eck", which to me is something brown & yukky that you don't
      want to
      > step in! And I've been out since '98, so anything &
      everything I can
      > possibly say to you, I've already typed more times than I
      can
      > remember, and to be honest I'm just a bit burned out doing
      the "broken
      > record" thing. Whatever energy & motivation I have, I'd
      like to put
      > towards the new & hopefully totally comprehensive new
      website where I
      > hope to say everything I can possibly think of once & for
      all and
      > never have to type anything to do with ekult again!!
      >
      > Hope everyone's having a great day, and that anyone who
      lives where
      > it's turning Autumn is enjoying it as much as I am!!!
      >
      > And while I'm here - I'm going to have another new
      grandbaby,
      > everyone!!!! Don't know what I'm going to do, I'm already
      1,000%
      > blessed & thrilled with the ones I've already got,
      especially my
      > favorite little buddy, Codybear!!
      >
      > Hugs,
      >
      > Sharon
      >
      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "macmille2000"
      <ccaggia@> wrote:

      > > I promise you that I am not an eck infiltrator...I am a
      lonely seeker
      > > with a very broad mind about spirituality...
      > >
      > > That is why I have been so very disheartened...I searched
      all over
      > > and found documents from long-time Xeckists who wrote to
      the
      > > present "Mahanta" and found out that Twitchell made up
      that
      > > name...How can I pray to a made up name? I know Jesus was
      who He
      > > was...now who is Harold Klemp, that I was so enchanted
      with???

      > > I went to this one link last night, that blew me away...
      > >
      > > http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/openletter.aspnt
      > >
      > > I sent this link to an eckankar group at beliefnet.com,
      asking for
      > > comments last night,
      > > and today, it seems like someone left the link out of my
      post and it
      > > wasn't me!!!!
      > >
      > > This morning I cancelled my meeting with this eckist...
      because of
      > > what I read on the above link. Oh...her expected response
      was that it
      > > was the Kal forces, all other religions attack eckankar.
      ..blah blah
      > > blah...blah...blah...blah...Eventually she allowed me to
      get a word
      > > in edgewise...I told her that I was not ready to take the
      next step
      > > yet and that what I had read on the INet had made me to
      upset to meet
      > > her today...the conversation ended with her offering her
      friendship
      > > anyway...I think she was a really needy women who needed
      me to take
      > > her out to Eck meetings...she doesn't drive...that was
      just enought
      > > to turn me off...basically I told her I would call her I
      would pray
      > > about this issue...and I needed my space in order to
      decide for
      > > myself.
      > >
      > > No I am not selfish...I am tired of doing service for
      others...it has
      > > worn me to a frazzle...it gave me a nervous breakdown,
      and now I feel
      > > it is my right to sit down and recieve...the truth...
      > >
      > > Ya know, if a religion can be made up like that...then
      each
      > > individual on this planet can make up their own religion
      and laws and
      > > keep it to themselves...maybe God gave us so much
      personal freedom to
      > > realize that we are each our own church inside!!!
      > >
      > > Love...macmille2000
      > >
      > > Ps thank you for giving me the permission to post on this
      site...I
      > > really was close to falling apart emotionally last night
      !!

      > > Today I feel free!!!

    • Camille
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
        Hi Sharon,
        Your post was so interesting and informative...I need to respond to that in full a little later...however I thought this was appropo to share....passages from the Higher Awareness site:
        Seek union over separation

        "Beliefs separate. Loving thoughts unite."

        -- Paul Ferrini

        Our ego focuses on how we are different from the rest of the world. Our soul lives when we experience how we are the same.

        Any time you separate yourself from other people or from situations, you know your personality is in control. At such times, shift your perspective to build connection and you will move into soul.

        As our picture of life becomes larger, more things make sense and we have a greater playing field for life to unfold - naturally.

        "As a holistic being you shatter the illusion of your separateness and reveal your connection to everything. This empowers you in a way that the ego-driven self could never contemplate."

        -- Wayne Dyer

        Love Camille

        wrote:

        > Sharon, thank you for sending me to that link...I love it!
        !! Sincerely "Mac"

      • Camille
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
          BTW Have you or anybody on the posts ever heard of Astara?...it is a spiritual learning center somewhere in CA...I do not think it is a cult...however, they claim that this women, Mrs. Chaney, channeled the information she wrote, while meditating. They share those channeled messages in their monthly discourses. Very interesting and not at all scary...very believable messages...nothing forced...no threats about hell...or kal...though maya was talked about.

          I went to one of their gatherings in NYC(it was free!)...it was beautiful...it was unexpectedly low-key. No one was up on the pulpit declaring their powers and pronouncing their beliefs, no drama on stage...we all just sat there and prayed and meditated silently in our own way...it was very quiet all night and very powerful...I do remember, feeling the chi, spirit, life energy, prana, just get really intense all through my body when this woman, Ruby, Astarian spiritual healer, did these kind of hand gestures around my body...not on it...during the very hushed healing session...

          Many years later, out of the blue, and with absolutely no apparent motive behind it, Ruby the healer from Astara, wrote me a handwritten notecard just to let me know that she wished to send me her blessings and to congratulate me on my continued spiritual growth...there was absolutely nothing in it about resubscribing or donating...at all...very awesome to me...love Macmille2000

          wrote:

          > Sharon, thank you for sending me to that link...I love it!
          !! Sincerely "Mac"

        • Camille
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
            Hello today, Sharon and all you 'ecknosticks', Thank you so much for your very friendly and informative posts! Regarding your musings about praying, Sharon,...I guess I did not really get into those teachings that much...I do remember reading HK saying things like you do not pray for other people's healings because that interferes with their spirtual journey...pretty much that petitions for were not the way to pray...that his spiritual exercises are all we need to do...that is all I read about what Eckists do to invoke spirit...

            Yeah, I fell for Eckankar really hard...I really loved listening to and reading HK...he seemed so sincere, down to earth, and not at all forbidding...I thought he was for real...I thought also that Jesus must have been a Living Eck Master...

            Recently I read the Sharyit-ki-sugmad...it sounded contradictory to HK 's soothing little stories...and it really scared the heck out of me too... I recognized all these things associated with various other religious cults, the scare tactics,the only way, etc....that is when I began to look further about Eckankar...the things I was reading in the Sugmad were not sitting well with me at all.

            When I googled Eckankar there were only the David Lane writings there...so I just thought he was one of those angry, disappointed people...so I wrote him off...When I googled in satsangs, I found lots more stuff about the Eckankar that began to upset me...imagine if I did not think of typing in that word? I would never have found you all! Now I see disturbing stories all over the net ...

            I will check out the other things on-line that you referred me to...

            Now I am glad that I have had this "Rude Eckwakening", because the next step would have indoctrinated me and I know that it would probably have given me a nervous breakdown at a later date...seriously!

            You know, I was never attracted to any of the "Twitchwitchery" and not very impressed by fortune-telling...he probably could have
            made even more money if he became a sci-fi writer!!! Sorta like the "Dune" books...you know? I just love your reference to the Wizard of Oz! (LOL)

            Yes, that poor Eck woman...she probably did not inquire within herself because that would be Kal thinking. She probably think I'll be stuck to that Karmic Wheel for an infinity...

            Alan Watts, yes I remember those books..."The Crack in the Cosmic Egg" etc...I carried that around with the rebellious "Steal This Book" by Abby Hoffman...who later turned out to be an anti-disestablismentarian( I think that is the right meaning???) after all his anarchist antics.

            Well, I am now hungry and exhausted, so I think I will go out and buy me some unauthorized pizza! (LOL)

            May your sleep cycle begin to go back to normal...oh, one more thing...I was beginning to think that sleeping alot was a holy thing to do, because of the whole dream idea of Eck...and meeting the "Mahaunta" in my dreams...

            You have done a great job at 'Ecksorcizing' me this week!!! Thank you so very much!!!

            Signing off as Macmille2000

            wrote:

            > Sharon, thank you for sending me to that link...I love it!
            !! Sincerely "Mac"

          • tygerpurr
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 10, 2006
              --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@...> wrote:
              >.........................snip
              > Oh, this is funny!! I just looked thru one box where I thought
              I might have stuck an old seminar pamphlet which listed how
              much he was charging for readings - a pamphlet that also
              offered some of Brad Steiger's books for sale, not just IMSIAF.
              Well, didn't find it but I came across a little booklet I've
              never looked at: "The Eck-Vidya--The Akasa Science of
              Prophecy" by Paul Twitchell, copyright 1968 by PT, my copy's
              the 1972 third printing.

              Darn, wish my scanner hadn't died!! The predictions are
              hilarious, I'd love to scan the whole thing!! One of these
              days maybe I'll type it up - BTW, does anyone remember 1981? A
              tidal wave was supposed to demolish Hawaii. And "about the
              year 2000" nations are supposed to unite to fight alien
              invaders, "one of the greater planets like Mars".

              Hey, I've gotta run!! And I hope tomorrow I start waking up
              at my favorite & usual time before the sun comes up!! It's a
              beautiful day out there!

              *****
              Sharon I have a 1972 copy of THe Eck-Vidya: Ancient Science of
              Prophecy. I could try scanning some pages. Are there any pages you
              have in mind. Mostly I find the book to be full of scare tactics
              disigned to make the reader dependent on the eck org and the eckankult
              master of deception. lol Interesting that the book is now out of
              print. Most of these end time prophecies are really just a
              self-fulfilling prophecy based on some religious dogma or political
              agenda, imo. Vote the war mongers out, imo. (Industrial War Complex)

              QUESTION AUTHORITY!!!

              Tygerpurr
            • Camille
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 11, 2006
                Hi Sharon,

                I was going to throw away all of my Eck books (do not want to donate to libraries or give to an innocent person)
                If you would like, I can send my copy of the Eck Vidya to you or the person that would like it...

                It is so healing to have developed a sense of humor about the BIG LIES after having your Rude Awakening about Eckankar!
                Now that is definitely a sign of TRUE spiritual freedom~~

                Have a peaceful day today!!!

                Sincerely MacMille2000/Mac/Camille

              • tygerpurr
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 21, 2006
                  Here's a quote from the Eck Vydya that shows just how egomaniacal and
                  mythomaniacal the Heckankar religion can be. LOL

                  Re: End of Days eckankar

                  Annnd, here it is!

                  " Those who seek the wisdom of the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad cannot find
                  it except through the spiritual assistance of the living ECK Master.
                  It is he alone who is responsible for taking the individual into the
                  other worlds to study with the varied ECK Masters who teach out of the
                  books of the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad. Here they learn those prophecies such
                  as when the world is going to come to an end through the terrible
                  destruction of fire and water; the drowning of the city of Los Angeles
                  and most of the west coast by earthquakes and the sea; the terrible
                  moon plague which will visit the earth and destroy much of its
                  population; the upheaval of the central plains of eastern Europe and
                  the formation of a new chain of mountains; the assassination of the
                  various political figures of nations of the world, and the awful
                  devastation of World War III.
                  These books also give the triumph of the yellow race and the red
                  tyrant who will sit upon the necks of the masses of people. They speak
                  of the Mahanta, the living ECK Master, who comes again to save the
                  world from complete destruction, and to return as many Souls to the
                  heavenly kingdom as possible during his reign on earth.
                  The prophecies of Nostradamus will be forgotten after one reads
                  and studies those revelations which are in the ninth book of the
                  Sharyat-Ki-Sugmad. ......."

                  THE ECK-VIDYA
                  Ancient Science of Prophecy
                  P. 116
                  by Paul Twitchell (CHARLATAN)

                  QUESTION AUTHORITY!!!

                  Tygerpurr ; )

                  --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, tygerpurr <no_reply@...> wrote:

                  > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@> wrote:
                  > >.........................snip
                  > > Oh, this is funny!! I just looked thru one box where I thought
                  > I might have stuck an old seminar pamphlet which listed how
                  > much he was charging for readings - a pamphlet that also
                  > offered some of Brad Steiger's books for sale, not just IMSIAF.
                  > Well, didn't find it but I came across a little booklet I've
                  > never looked at: "The Eck-Vidya--The Akasa Science of
                  > Prophecy" by Paul Twitchell, copyright 1968 by PT, my copy's
                  > the 1972 third printing.
                  >
                  > Darn, wish my scanner hadn't died!! The predictions are
                  > hilarious, I'd love to scan the whole thing!! One of these
                  > days maybe I'll type it up - BTW, does anyone remember 1981? A
                  > tidal wave was supposed to demolish Hawaii. And "about the
                  > year 2000" nations are supposed to unite to fight alien
                  > invaders, "one of the greater planets like Mars".
                  >
                  > Hey, I've gotta run!! And I hope tomorrow I start waking up
                  > at my favorite & usual time before the sun comes up!! It's a
                  > beautiful day out there!
                  >
                  > Hugs,
                  >
                  > Sharon
                  >
                  > *****
                  > Sharon I have a 1972 copy of THe Eck-Vidya: Ancient Science of
                  > Prophecy. I could try scanning some pages. Are there any pages you
                  > have in mind. Mostly I find the book to be full of scare tactics
                  > disigned to make the reader dependent on the eck org and the eckankult
                  > master of deception. lol Interesting that the book is now out of
                  > print. Most of these end time prophecies are really just a
                  > self-fulfilling prophecy based on some religious dogma or political
                  > agenda, imo. Vote the war mongers out, imo. (Industrial War Complex)
                  >
                  > QUESTION AUTHORITY!!!
                  >
                  > Tygerpurr

                • tygerpurr
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 21, 2006
                    Such a long list list of FRAUD!

                    Tygerpurr ; )

                    http://www.randi.org/encyclopedia/appendix3.html

                    James Randi Educational Foundation

                    An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and
                    Supernatural

                    Introduction | "R" Reading | Curse of the Pharaoh | End-of-the-World
                    Prophecies

                    Index | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P
                    | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | Y | Z

                    Appendix III

                    Forty-Four End-of-the-World Prophecies——That Failed

                    See also Bacon, Roger and end of the world.

                    Divine prophecies being of the nature of their Author, with whom a
                    thousand years are but as one day, are not therefore fulfilled
                    punctually at once, but have springing and germinant accomplishment,
                    though the heightfulness of them may refer to some one age.
                    —— Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

                    A favorite subject of prophets has always been the end of mankind
                    and/or the demise of our planet and/or the collapse of the entire
                    universe. Part of the technique, for some, is to place the date far
                    enough ahead that when The End fails to arrive, the oracle is no
                    longer around to have to explain why. Others, often to encourage the
                    surrender of property and other worldly chattels by the Believers,
                    prepare excuses well in advance and manage to survive the great
                    disappointment that often follows a failed prediction. In any case,
                    the resilient fans never discredit the notion; they merely redesign
                    the details and settle back once more to confidently await doom.

                    Here is a short list of some rather interesting end-of-the-world
                    prognostications, beginning with biblical references and ending with
                    some contemporary seers and their doomsayings. Judging from the record
                    earned by the soothsayers in this matter, we may safely assume that
                    our planet will continue very much the same as it is for some
                    considerable period into the future.

                    --- In X-Eckankar_The-Chains-of-Eck@yahoogroups.com, tygerpurr
                    <no_reply@...> wrote:

                    Re: End of Days eckankar