What rules?

  • macmille2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi, what rules are you talking about?
      I have been studying Eckankar for a few years alone...
      Tomorrow is the first time I am meeting with an Eckist.

      It took me a couple of years to finally contact one in my area.
      Do you find that to be unusual or uncharacteristice for a cult?

      Now I am scared to meet this Eckist tomorrow...

      I am glad I found this forum...it seems that in my second
      conversation with her over the phone she said stuff that put me on
      guard...
      She said "We can use the help" I thought "uh oh, another user"

      She started to hint about driving together out into
      oshkosh...
      for an hours worth chanting sessions...that bugged me...
      For our meeting tomorrow, which is on the way to her house
      she made hints for me to pick her up on the way...
      This kind of thing makes me wary...

      Other than this person...I have yet to come into contact with an
      Eckist, although I have tried so many times to get in touch with
      them...This lead me to thinking that this can't be a cult, otherwise
      they would have already invaded my space...maybe it is just this
      women, but she did not give me good "vibes"...so I know that I must
      not offer her to do anything for her, or even to offer my services to
      of ECKANKAR...

      I am very interested in knowing what the rules were that
      you "couldn't take...I am a very free and open-minded person and hate
      rules...
      which are distinctly different from spiritual laws

      Your response would be very helpful and very appreciated at this
      time...

      Sincerely and respectfully, macmille2000
    • Paul Olson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
        Oh God!

        I suggest you read the archives here. Lot’s of good stories to learn from.

        Swordansar