Re: Eckankar is a dead horse!

  • tygerpurr
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 15, 2006
      Just had to post something. I liked this little gem of a paragraph or
      two. Destructive Cults like eckankar usually target the young and the
      more vulnerable, those who don't really know about the truth of the
      lies and fraud. I think it is a good idea to check out the photo of
      klemp in the OUTHOUSE (the temple within), every now and then. LOL

      Tygerpurr ; )

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@...> wrote:

      The eckthugs follow the cult's bogus "teachings" about those who
      leave, and try to shame former members into silence with all those
      mindless eckblurbs about not moving on, being stuck in anger, and
      needing to stay "attached" to the cult in a "reverse" way because
      they're still really longing to return to the only source of "Spirit",
      etc. Like so many other of the cult's "teachings", they're *totally*
      wrong. Sometimes it's really amazing, now that I'm out and have my
      mind back, it *really* strikes me at times how the cult so often
      totally *reverses* the truth about so many things!!

      We've moved on, but we're still concerned about the innocents who
      might get infected by that dead eckhorse. Still, being "out" and
      returning to "real life" eventually gets us to the point where
      anything & everything "eck" is just so totally irrelevant and far
      away, it's really hard to keep coming back and dealing with it even a
      little bit. ......................
    • battuta_maghreb
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 23, 2006
        It really is strange to look back after having opened one's eyes.
        Unfortunately Eckankar isn't the only dead horse around these days.
        This country and the world still has quite a ways to go before
        rational thought is universally accepted. Sam Harris' book "The End
        of Faith" addresses this issue briliantly.

        http://www.samharris.org/site/book_end_of_faith/
      • tygerpurr
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 25, 2006
          I agree. I haven't yet read Sam Harris's book, but I have read a few
          of his articles and saw one of his lectures on tv. It is also
          interesting that so many secular societies seem to be more
          compassionate than societies claiming to be all about religion. As far
          as eckankult claiming to be superior to organized religion, well,
          eckankult is just another authoritarian theocracy we can do without, imo.

          Tygerpurr ; )

          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "battuta_maghreb"
          <battuta_maghreb@...> wrote:

          > It really is strange to look back after having opened one's eyes.
          > Unfortunately Eckankar isn't the only dead horse around these days.
          > This country and the world still has quite a ways to go before
          > rational thought is universally accepted. Sam Harris' book "The End
          > of Faith" addresses this issue briliantly.
          >
          > http://www.samharris.org/site/book_end_of_faith/

        • Raymond Seymour
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 27, 2006
            Hello there, this is the first time I emailed anyone on this subject, but I am currently in Eckankar and I only get feedback from other Eckists, I want another opinion I question everything. Until recently, Eckankar was the only religion I had discovered that seem to answer my questions, but just like all the other religions I can't take the rules. Can you give me feedback on this it sounds like you've been there.

            Thanks if you can.

            <battuta_maghreb@...> wrote:

            > It really is strange to look back after having opened one's eyes.
            > Unfortunately Eckankar isn't the only dead horse around these days.
            > This country and the world still has quite a ways to go before
            > rational thought is universally accepted. Sam Harris' book "The End
            > of Faith" addresses this issue briliantly.
            >
            > http://www.samharris.org/site/book_end_of_faith/

          • pato
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 30, 2006
              Hello there, this is the first time I emailed anyone on this subject, but I am currently in Eckankar and I only get feedback from other Eckists, I want another opinion I question everything. Until recently, Eckankar was the only religion I had discovered that seem to answer my questions, but just like all the other religions I can't take the rules. Can you give me feedback on this it sounds like you've been there.

              Thanks if you can

              Hi All,
              Rules Rules Rules ......... Wats new with all these religions. Maybe one should form there own religion ,afterall it is ones relationship with themselves and God.wouldnt it be more adventerous,more liberating and more fulfilling? Cutting out the middle man or woman always helps.Start from the begining-I know nothing and then Scutinise wat you take in.Have the ability and the authority of accepting,rejecting or even deferring it.its your choice,your life and your happiness.Be wary of anyone asking for financial gain for spiritual awareness for observing the beauty of a flower in the countryside could give you more.
              Thats all I can on this subject and yet I know nothing .

              Stay tuned Pato the traveller.

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 30, 2006
                --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Raymond Seymour <bkdclove4all@.
                ..> wrote:

                > Hello there, this is the first time I emailed anyone on this
                subject, but I am currently in Eckankar and I only get feedback from
                other Eckists, I want another opinion I question everything. Until
                recently, Eckankar was the only religion I had discovered that seem to
                answer my questions, but just like all the other religions I can't
                take the rules. Can you give me feedback on this it sounds like
                you've been there.

                > Thanks if you can.

                Hi Raymond -

                I joined because it seemed to answer many of my questions too - and it
                said *all* my questions would be answered eventually, when I was
                "ready". I took the bait, and before I knew it, I was reeled in and
                hooked.

                Sort of reminds me of a recent fishing experience. I was fishing with
                Codybear, my two-year-old grandson, who kept reeling in the bluegills
                one after the other. A roughly 10-year-old boy watched enviously, and
                eventually came over and asked us how to catch fish - it was his first
                time! He was using a big bright purple rubber worm that had come with
                his new rod & reel. I asked him if he'd eat a big purple rubber
                french fry. He said no. I said neither do fish, and gave him some of
                our nightcrawlers. They worked, and the kid started catching fish!

                We ate the rubber worm, Raymond!

                One of the first rules I learned in ekult wasn't really written
                anywhere - it's "don't ask". I asked what happened to Darwin Gross -
                this was not long after "Darwingate". I'd gotten his bio from the
                library, along with some Twitch & Klempbooks. The HI Arahata said
                "he's not the master anymore" and changed the subject. I eventually
                learned a little bit about his "fall from grace" in the eckbooks, then
                when I got out and got on the internet, I learned the truth.

                Anyway, feel free to ask questions here - I hope people will be polite
                if you get "ecky", especially me! <gg> And I *really* hope you're
                sincere about just getting feedback, and not another eckanmissionary
                playing games. That kind of thing is "old", boring, and I don't have
                the patience I used to.

                You might want to spend some time reading the message archives here,
                and also check out "EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous" and "X", and other
                stuff in the "links" and "files" sections here.

                Anyway, while I'm here - hi everyone! Hope you're all enjoying your
                delightfully eckfree lives just as much as I am!!

                Darn, I wish I'd been keeping a list of some interesting sites I've
                wanted to share here but never get around to, especially some that
                people have sent me and asked me to post, for one reason or another -
                have to go back thru my email and "compile" them. But for right now,
                here are a few that I just happen to have handy -

                http://kriskristofferson.com/news/

                http://www.truemajority.org/bensbbs/ - this one's especially awesome,
                it puts things into terms I can understand!! I get confused with big
                numbers. Make sure you go back & check out the rest of the site, too!

                http://www.hanksville.org/yucatan/sacrifice.html - this one leads
                nicely to the next, which *really* shocked me, the way CBS tried to
                keep this issue quiet! Make sure you read the story at the "Our
                Journey" link: http://www.honornation.org

                Here's one mentioned by a former eckist, who's hoping maybe to find
                some help & support for this very worthy cause, just one of so many
                trying to help solve the problem of Aids in Africa - in this case, the
                children. I just popped over to http://www.uhuru.de.vu to make sure
                I had the right link & it's still working, but it seems to me that
                when I first saw it, it was in English - don't remember if I used a
                website translator but tried to find one that worked & couldn't, and
                right now I'm sort of in a hurry - so it's in German but I know we've
                got at least one bi-lingual German/English speaker here.

                Last but not least: http://d21c.com/terri1/flash/smile.swf

                Okay, my mind just went blank except for one more thing, which I'll
                post separately!

                Have a good one, everyone!

              • Ganesh622@cs.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 30, 2006
                  There's an author named Tom(not Harold) Robbins. He wrote a book quite a
                  while ago called "Skinny Legs and All". Here's a quote:"Religion is nothing but
                  institutionalized mysticism.The catch is,mysticism does not lend itself to
                  institutionalization.The moment we try to organize mysticism, we destroy its
                  essence. Religion, then,is mysticism in which the mystical has been killed." I kinda
                  can relate to that little description.

                • macmille2000
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 4, 2006
                    --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Ganesh622@... wrote:

                    > There's an author named Tom(not Harold) Robbins. He wrote a book
                    quite a
                    > while ago called "Skinny Legs and All". Here's a quote:"Religion is
                    nothing but
                    > institutionalized mysticism.The catch is,mysticism does not lend
                    itself to
                    > institutionalization.The moment we try to organize mysticism, we
                    destroy its
                    > essence. Religion, then,is mysticism in which the mystical has been
                    killed." I kinda
                    > can relate to that little description.

                    Hi Ganesh...that is a wonder share! Wow! I love the way Robbins put that
                    definition into words...Robbins was one of my fave authors...have to
                    pick-up "Skinny-legs" Unless that is the story w/ woman who had really
                    big thumbs???

                    Sincerely, Macmille2000