Re: [eckankartruth] Some Background

  • Hawksblood2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
      Osiyo. Hello. I am just putting two cents into the pot. I was in Eckankar for about 20 years. Why? I did learn alot but that was from the inner movement within me. I was always against all the rules and statements Ek made. I had the hardest time dealing with the fack that they think a second is higher then Jesus. They quote him often but they do not give him any kind of credit for being one of the most spiritual people here. Like Harold is. But to all thoese res. that make many decisions for most every body that think they are important. Really to who? If anybody knows a HI BOB L he was a good friend untill he gave advice to my Ex-wife and her boyfriend.Not only that he said he did not to my face. I was the one that sent them to him wishing that he would give Spiritul advice instead of physical. The Problem is that two many think they are better and greater then anyone else. For I did spend much time challanging them and they always lost. Including Harold the RES of NJ.Ther!
      e where many things being said a
      bout having Eck Vid readers. Still never happened. The ones that said they were were not allowed to read for Eckist. Sad I think. If anyone needs more info please email me. Hawksblood
    • Hawksblood2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
[...]
      • Bob Jones (yeah right)
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
          Watcher,

          I hope I'm being clear enough here that there is a network of fully
          sanctioned Ecakankar leaders who use an established but informal
          grapevine of rumor, gossip and hearsay, combined with information
          culled from various initiates reports, as leverage in maintaining
          what they perceive to be the integrity of the eck teachings and the
          organization of eckankar.

          I finally left because I could not condone these methods nor endure
          the invasive and outrageous presumption that fuels them. In the end
          all you have is my word that this was my experience and observation
          for many, many years. A person who reads what I describe has to
          decide what's true for themselves, right?

          I live my life by my own lights. I am by nature an unconventional,
          creative, and inquisitive person. I'm an iconoclast. I've always been
          vocal and experimental in my approach to life, and to my practice and
          teaching of eck. This frequently disturbed the more ignorant and
          sheltered among those I crossed paths with. I drew a great deal of
          fire on the rumor mill in eckankar, but at the same time was
          recognized as a dedicated, enthusiastic leader with some ability to
          inspire people.

          Eventually though, my spirit was about crushed by the weight of the
          censure and hypocracy I found myself subjected to almost constantly.
          The only reason I continued was because I do indeed love life, and I
          held an unreasonable belief that if I did, the consciousness of
          eckankar would right itself and eventually the teachings of the
          indvidual path to God would be reflected in the policies and
          structure of the organization. Sadly I was wrong.

          What I will not do though, is slander others, regardless of my
          perception of them. My experience itself should serve as a warning
          for people to seek life elsewhere. That should be enough input from
          me for any thinking adult, who isn't a complete fool, to make up
          their own mind about these matters.

          About the "methods" of psychological control: I think I've been
          explicit about that so far.

          Of course there's a lot more. But I haven't decided how or whether
          to approach it in this forum--not being certain even how useful it
          would be for me to do so.

          You see, I'm trying to heal--not go on a warpath.

          Mick

        • jr_watcher@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
            --- In eckankartruth@y..., "Bob Jones (yeah right)" <Pharmakon11@e...>
            wrote:

            > Of course there's a lot more. But I haven't decided how or whether
            > to approach it in this forum--not being certain even how useful it
            > would be for me to do so.
            >
            > You see, I'm trying to heal--not go on a warpath.
            >
            > Mick

            Good luck on your healing.

            I know a fellow with a similar background to yours -- ex-RESA, Sixth
            Initiate, that left Eckankar around 1990. He never mentioned this
            network, but he was always ranting about having to go through the EIO
            to get to Harold.