Re: Ah talks funny sometimes...

  • tomleafeater
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, tygerpurr <no_reply@...>
      wrote:

      > No the Xeckankar group was formed after Colleen's
      "Execkankar" group.
      > Her group was private and the focus was more on recovery
      issues. It
      > had a therapeutic affect, although not the same as
      psychotherapy. I am
      > sure that Colleen would not have treated me the same way as
      the
      > original owner of "Xeckankar". Now I have added "The Chains
      of Eck" to
      > the title. Sorry about any confusion. I am reluctant to state the
      > person's name, even though who really knows, with so many
      pseudonyms?
      > As I have stated in a previous post, some ex eckists are really
      just
      > posers and imposters, Trolls. I'd say that there is good reason
      to be
      > careful whom you communicate with. I know that Colleen
      wouldn't have
      > let Cher and Rich in her group, knowingly. She also would not
      have
      > directed so much hostility at me either. I know that for a fact.
      But
      > what you say about HCS is certainly true, unfortunately. Thanks
      for
      > your comments and feedback, Leaf.
      >
      > Tygerpurr ; )

      What an amazing experience you had!

      BTW, I had not thought it was Colleen who allowed Rich and
      Cher into the group. I just assumed there was someone else
      involved, and I sensed you had good reasons to leave out the
      name of whoever did this.

      It is a little confusing!

      Leaf

      <no_reply@> wrote:

      > > > Hi Leaf,
      > > >
      > > > was at first reluctant as how to respond to your "ah"
      > > > query.
      > > >What are the differences between some of the anti
      eckankar
      > > > groups? In my case I was asked to take over the group. At
      the time
      > > > there was a lot of strife between the original owner of then
      > > Xeckankar
      > > > and Higher Consciosness Society, as well as some legal,
      cosmic,
      > > karmic
      > > > etc. retorts from a spokesperson for HCS.
      > >

      > > I should have realized it was the group Colleen formed. I'd
      thought
      > > Colleen ended that group awhile back. The group was set up
      for ex-
      > > members who wanted to have some privacy to voice thier
      thoughts.

      > > I do recall that HCS went on the warpath against Colleen,
      threatening
      > > her with lawsuits, due to her having questions about the true
      motives
      > > and intentions of the group. Touchy, touchy. Religions and
      other such
      > > groups are all for freedom of speech unless that speech isn't
      in
      > > their favor. So, its okay for Ford to write a book exposing the
      > > underbelly of eckankar (drawing largely upon the work by
      Lane), but
      > > those who, in turn, might have questions about the intentions
      of HCS
      > > have no right to voice their thoughts? Hmmmph. Sounds like
      business
      > > as usual.
      > >

      > > >Anyway, I was asked and like
      > > > a dummy I said OK. My focus is more on anti cult and anti
      eckankar.
      > > > Next I knew I was being attacked from all sides, ex eckist
      and pro
      > > > eckist. I was new to all of this stuff and I still do not
      understand
      > > > completely why I became such a target for hostility. Grundie
      and
      > > > Cyborsailor were given open membership before the
      original owner
      > > left,
      > > > a lot of posters left and those who remain are either ex
      Radhasoami
      > > or
      > > > just lurkers.??? HOwever, I decided that the group had a lot
      of anti
      > > > cult information and that even if there was not a lot of
      activity,
      > > it
      > > > was worth keeping and would probably lead most to
      Eckankar Truth.

      > > That sounds reasonable. SailorBoy and Cher became
      members? Those two
      > > eckankar pit-bulls (sorry Rich, if you're monitoring) would be
      > > recipe for disaster for an ex-eckankar group. No wonder the
      > > participants jumped ship (no pun intended, heh, heh).
      > >

      > > > My views on cults and spiritual philosophy are very similar
      to yours
      > > > and probably to David Lane as well. I believe that doubt
      definitely
      > > > has it's place in spirituality. I read a book by Sam Keen, and
      he
      > > > called it "potent doubt". Hell, my cat has more sense than I
      did
      > > when
      > > > it comes to eckankult.
      > >

      > > Yes...Eckists are taught that they're on the road to
      onmiscience and
      > > all-knowingness, but also are led to doubt everything that
      isn't
      > > eckankar. So Eckists do have doubts, so long as it isn't
      eckankar
      > > that they're doubting. What is fairly obvious is doubt and
      belief are
      > > two sides of the same coin. Doubt is obviously healthy, until
      one is
      > > sure of one's footing. Should a person walk out on a frozen
      lake
      > > before checking the thickness of the ice?
      > >

      > > > I can also say that I have experienced the negative effect
      that the
      > > > malicious eck cult has had on my family and others. Some
      are able to
      > > > just walk away. For me it has not been that easy; I felt
      strongly
      > > > enough that some of us had to stay and speak out against
      the lies
      > > and
      > > > deception that abound in eckankar.
      > > >
      > > > I am also increasingly having a hard time with some of the
      > > > substitutions for eckankar as those who have left eckankult
      claim to
      > > > have moved on and complain about those of us who still
      speak out in
      > > > the hopes of catching and helping those who may stray
      from the flock
      > > > and give them information and support. Ramtha etc. is not
      for me.

      > > When one considers the scores of people who have left
      eckankar with
      > > severe criticism, there's bound to be a reason, eh? There is
      nothing
      > > wrong with voicing concerns about eckankar. People who
      leave eckankar
      > > have gained valid experience that they have a right to share.
      In my
      > > view it is entirely appropriate. Back when I became interested
      in
      > > eckankar, if there had been former members speaking out
      about
      > > eckankar and warning people about it, I might have never
      wasted so
      > > much time in eckankar.
      > >

      > > But
      > > > I am not pushing any other religion, organized or even
      "New Age"
      > > bunk.
      > > > I have had my share of "mystical" experiences as well as
      spiritual
      > > > insights, but am not into claims of the grandiose kind. If I
      start
      > > > levitating and it is not a lucid dream or an OBE, then I'll
      make
      > > sure
      > > > that it is proven in a science laboratory and you will find out
      my
      > > > true identity in the news. LOL ; )
      > > >
      > > > I hope this helps. Because of past problems with
      infiltrators I am
      > > > often reluctant to accept membership from people who try
      to hide
      > > their
      > > > emails from the moderator.
      > > >
      > > > Oh, and I am really big on questioning authority!<gg>
      > > >
      > > > Tygerpurr ; )
      > > >
      > > > Xeckankar: The Chains of Eck (see in links)
      > > >

      > > Thanks for the reply. I understand better now about the other
      groups.

      > > Leaf
      > >

      > > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "tomleafeater"
      <tianyue@>

      Boredom...well,
      > > her,

      > > truth
      > > with

      Since

    • ewickings@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
        In a message dated 4/4/2006 12:28:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >I am reluctant to state the
        person's name, even though who really knows, with so many pseudonyms?
        As I have stated in a previous post, some ex eckists are really just
        posers and imposters, Trolls.
        Tygerpurr ; )
        Hi Tygerpurr,  I know the individual you are speaking of... and she is no longer an eckist, and wasn't when she formed the group.  I think she just has some Mental issues to deal with! And I say that nicely....   I was privy to the  *behind the scenes* issues, had to hear about the rift, and honestly I wasn't surprised by her wackiness!  I was even at one time helping her co moderate that group.    About those pictures.....    ;-)    BTW  I deleted my "Let Your Spirit Soar" group a very long time ago, and notice it is still listed in your links.  I was thinking about re joining your group under my real name, once I get my eye sight back to normal.

        FreeToSeekTruth aka Liz