RE: Rebazar is a talking hamburger

  • eyesopen444
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
      Tomleafeater wrote:

      Excerpt from a post I made at A.R.E.:

      Let me put it this way: If you were to go to sleep tonight, and awaken
      in the morning claiming you saw a talking hamburger that gave you
      insights not available anywhere else, who would take notice? I really
      don't care if you claim to see talking hamburgers, if thats your
      thing. I wouldn't even care if the talking hamburger was plagiarizing
      Shakespear, making you into an idiot for believing the talking
      hamburger. Why should I care?

      But if you were to subsequently start a corporate chain of McDonald's
      restaurants which claimed that only its diners would have visions of
      omniscient talking hamburgers, and that the visions were the only way
      to find truth and spiritual liberation, that would open you to
      criticism, especially if you left a few really obvious juicy clues
      around that indicated you made the whole thing up just to put your
      restaurants on the map. Rebazar is nothing more than a talking
      Mc'Donald's hamburger. Leaf

      Me:

      Hi Leaf,

      I've enjoyed your posts on a.r.e.. You were one of the names I looked
      for to counteract the nastiness and dogma that a.r.e. offers up. I
      found that I couldn't take Rich or Cher anymore and stopped reading.
      Glad to see you here.

      I like your burger analogy. What people believe in their own little
      spheres of existence is their business until it is set up to be "sold"
      to others.

      "What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason
      away." The Doobie Brothers

      Have a great weekend everyone,

      Kaye
    • tomleafeater
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "eyesopen444"

        ####################

        > Me:
        >
        > Hi Leaf,
        >
        > I've enjoyed your posts on a.r.e.. You were one of the names I
        looked
        > for to counteract the nastiness and dogma that a.r.e. offers up.
        > found that I couldn't take Rich or Cher anymore and stopped
        reading.

        Yes, a.r.e. is a cesspool.

        The nastiness is palpable, tangible thing, right out there in the
        open, so unlike things can sometimes be in Eckankar, in which
        the nastiness is often cloaked in conflicting, contradictory
        messages.

        There was that subtle unspoken look of disapproval that would
        sometimes occur, such as in a satsang discussion, when the
        'wrong' or 'unspiritual' thing was said by someone that wasn't
        considered fitting by the group.

        Yet, controlling behavior, however subtle, can be felt and
        observed.

        At least on A.R.E., the nastiness is right out in the open. There is
        no mistaking it.

        The subtle form can be worse. It is far more insidious.

        I wish you all well in your efforts.

        Leaf