Re: klemp's Immanuel Kant quote

  • eyesopen444
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6 3:28 PM
      Hi everyone!

      I enjoyed your posts very much.:) You all have a great sense of humor!
      I re-read Prometheus' post on hk's attempt to intellectualize about
      Kant's If, and, but quote. I see your point about the contradictions
      in his writing and I also doubt that anyone dares point it out. I
      admit to not being an intellectual myself, so I'd like to offer up a
      quote on the subject of if and but by Don Meredith-"If "ifs" and
      "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?"<giggle>
      Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. I also have another Immanuel Kant
      quote that I doubt hk would use-"By a lie, a man...annihilates his
      dignity as a man."

      Have a good night, Mish, Alf, Prometheus and everyone within this fun
      group!
      Kaye
    • mishmisha9
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8 9:31 PM
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "eyesopen444" <eyesopen444@...>
        wrote:

        I also have another Immanuel Kant
        quote that I doubt hk would use-"By a lie, a man...annihilates his
        dignity as a man."

        Great quote! : )

        > Have a good night, Mish, Alf, Prometheus and everyone within this fun
        > group!
        > Kaye

        Thanks, Kaye--I can see that you're fun, too!

        Mish