Re: Digest Number 1211

  • violinmike2002
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@...> wrote:

      > Anyone who gets there posts via email might want to pop over to the
      > home page and check out the new photo!! <giggle>
      >
      > I'm not spending that much time at the computer anymore, especially on
      > anything related to e-kult which *totally* disgusts me and personally,
      > it's just a part of the distant past and just one of those stupid
      > things we'd just as soon forget, much like once when I was out in the
      > yard barefooted and accidentally stepped in some dog poop - not that
      > big of a deal, actually, except this poop also had some slugs crawling
      > on it, and I *really* hate slugs!!
      >
      > I will *never* be able to totally & adequately express how absolutely
      > incredibly & delightfully awesome life is, since I got out of that
      > stupid idiotic cult and got my mind, heart, and soul back.
      >
      > Actually, I don't even read all the posts here because I often don't
      > read my daily digests for this as well as a few other groups &
      > newsletters I get, even for the things I really enjoy and *want* to
      > pursue further.
      >
      > And especially because I spent most of the weekend away, where there
      > was no computer, I was especially disgusted when I read TC's response
      > to Mike. So...I'm going to add a few comments, then pop back into
      > "management" and put TC on "moderation" - and then if I get any
      > "message needing approval" emails, I'll just ignore 'em. <gg>

      You've still got it Sharon. My only regret is I never got to meet
      you in person to thank you.You were such a help to me if there is
      such a thing as good karma you've got it. A day with the grandkids
      is so precious. A day healthy without pain and misery enjoying the
      weather a movie or shopping etc. You know what I've learned from
      that God awful group where the eckists deal with the "detractors"
      endlessly- That I just can't be bothered addressing people that
      don't agree with me. I don't need to hear from Cher, thick as a
      brick. Sparky there replying to me hasn't been where I've been
      and he won't be going where I'm going. But he spent considerable
      effort on his reply and thats better I guess then being ignored.

      I was alone, cut off from my family.I was so sure I had found the
      " way" based on sounds and fuzzy lights being fed bedtime stories
      in eck books I always gobbled up. I volunteered at the open houses at
      our eck center and seldom did anyone come while I played a hu tape
      loudly or read a book off the booksale shelf. I'dlook at the photo
      of Harold on the wall and wonder why I didn't hear him like others
      did. I'd come to worship services that had little to do with my
      life or improve anything.

      I suffered for a long time when I left that damned cult and the
      outcasting from people I knew for many years still smarts a bit.
      But I still get their damn mailings for events in the area.
      That really heavy cultists can't be helped til they make a move
      to help selves for the most part. My former friend Kyley came
      over to say hello in a spirit of goodwill and HE chooses not
      to ask me why I left so I choose to leave him in peace. I don't
      tell the Joes Witnessness in our downtown either
      that they are wasting
      their time in a cult freezing their ass off trying to give away
      the Watchtower. I have better things to do...
      Liked the new main photo replacing the buff Santa, the kitty has
      had her day.
      The smartest warriors choose their battles carefully and realize
      life is precious and just because they chose to not cut off
      someones nuts doesn't mean they can't. After losing 25 lbs I have to
      watch to keep it off and I spend more time on health sites now then
      here after my fathers best lesson for his son, his own gruesome
      cancer death because he didn't take better care of himself. Better
      care of myself emotionally also means life affirming communications like
      this one for you and others. Re that response to me I knew it was
      coming when he dissected
      my little message like a dead frog in science class.
      But this is here for the freshly ex eckists who will have
      to deal all over again over and over again with the fresh wound
      of a bitter divorce but a necessary one. People like you and me
      can tell them they will heal and get through and life will
      be greater again. Neither do I set myself up as an authority ,
      I'm a musician and work at a desk job , I found more satisfaction
      in tithing my talents in a youth band and senior service at
      church then years of sitting at home on my ass chanting hu while
      the world continued to go the ashcan.

      Mike
    • Buzz Off
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
        ~I thank you all for taking the trip with me. God bless you all.~ Beltz

        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "violinmike2002"
        <violinmike2002@...> wrote:

        <snip>

        Nice post, Mike. I enjoyed your thoughtful ruminations. It appears the
        veil is beginning to lift for you. The travelling should be lighter
        from here on.

        I like that picture of klump in the shithouse, too. It suggests to me
        he's gathering more material for the shariyat 3. The faithful have
        been waiting a long, long time.

        -Charlie- :-)
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2006
          Hi Everyone!

          First of all - for Liz & anyone else with little ones, check out:
          http://www.magickeys.com/books/index.html

          I started out showing my grandson, Codybear, some adorable animal
          photos in my email, and now whenever he visits he starts yelling
          "animals"!! I was looking for interesting websites to try to avoid
          the Cookie Monster letter game <gg>, and this looks like a good one!

          It's so amazing how he so quickly "got" that the mouse controlled the
          arrow, and at 18 months he can actually maneuver the mouse pretty well
          to send the cursor where he wants it to go! Kids definitey *are* born
          with a computer gene!!

          Just wanted to share this before I forgot.

          But mostly, I popped in here to tell everyone, *do not* miss "Grizzly
          Man" on Discovery - it's on tonight! Ohmigod, it's *so* awesome!!
          First of all, just the incredible scenery is worth it - I have a
          "thing" for Alaska, a long-ago dream was to "homestead" there.
          Anyway, for some odd reason, it sort of connected with the whole e-
          kult thing for me but I'm not going to go on a long ramble about it.

          I'm laughing here, because anyone who's been familiar with me for a
          long time knows how incredibly prolific I used to be. Hard to believe
          I've sort of run out of things to say! Well, not really - but I just
          don't feel like saying them until I'm doing it for the website.
          Sometimes I'll get started writing something, either for here, email,
          or another group - Eckankar Survivors Anonymous is *great*!! But I'm
          rarely able to finish anything, and this past week I've been "blessed"
          24/7 with my niece's 8-month-old daughter, which gives me another good
          excuse to ignore the computer, except I'm missing FreeCell!

          Arrghhh...love the little sweetie, but she just woke up & I gotta go -
          I'd forgotten how busy those little ones keep you when you're the
          "mom"!! I much prefer being the Grammy, it doesn't interfere with
          naps & couch potatohood! <gg>

          Well...I was planning on a few more comments but they'll have to wait!

          Hugs!!

          Sharon

          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Buzz Off" <lemrag3@...> wrote:

          > ~I thank you all for taking the trip with me. God bless you all.~
          Beltz

          > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "violinmike2002"
          > <violinmike2002@> wrote:
          >
          > <snip>
          >
          > Nice post, Mike. I enjoyed your thoughtful ruminations. It appears
          the
          > veil is beginning to lift for you. The travelling should be lighter
          > from here on.
          >
          > I like that picture of klump in the shithouse, too. It suggests to
          me
          > he's gathering more material for the shariyat 3. The faithful have
          > been waiting a long, long time.
          >
          > -Charlie- :-)

        • Elizabeth
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 22, 2006

            > PS - Hey Tommyboy, if you and anyone else finds the new homepage
            photo
            > offensive - GOOD!!! C'mon, it's obviously *not* Klemp - he's no
            > doubt got really skinny scrawny legs, paler than dead catfish belly.

            Obviously *not* Klemp because we all know he is using a bed Pan;
            cleaned out by Miss Joan the only female to be lifted to FLEM status by
            the mythical godman of the universe and eckankrap...
            Elizabeth