Re: [eckankartruth] Digest Number 1202

  • John Grunwell
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
      Is this really true? I've Googled it in a variety of ways, but haven't
      found a single reference to it on the web!

      Very curious,
      John G.

      From: "violinmike2002"

      > Hopkins To Play 60s New Age Leader
      > By Rex Boseley, Times Entertainment
      > Hollywood, Ca

      > In a move that industry observers wonder at, Anthony Hopkins
      after protracted negotiation with Sony Pictures has agreed to play
      controversial 60s New Age guru Paul Twitchell, a spiritual teacher
      alleged to have copied or adapted into his writing whole passages
      from other author's books.
      . . .

      Violinmike2002 said:

      What will it be called ?

      Paul Twitchell and the Goblet of Blue Goo?

      I float over the line?

      The House of Rebazar?

      The Last Temptation of Paulji?

      "THE PAUL TWITCHELL STORY"

      T.C.

      ---------------------------------
    • l2eigh
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2005
        Hi Thomas:
        I thought this was a modern myth. An urban legend. Hasn't
        this idea been floating around on the internet for a couple of years?

        Leigh

        -- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Bennett
        <thomascbennett@y...> wrote:

        > eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > Re: Digest Number 1198
        > From: "violinmike2002"
        >
        > > Hopkins To Play 60s New Age Leader
        > > By Rex Boseley, Times Entertainment
        > > Hollywood, Ca
        >
        > > In a move that industry observers wonder at, Anthony Hopkins
        > after protracted negotiation with Sony Pictures has agreed to play
        > controversial 60s New Age guru Paul Twitchell, a spiritual teacher
        > alleged to have copied or adapted into his writing whole passages
        > from other author's books.
        > . . .
        >
        > Violinmike2002 said:
        >
        > What will it be called ?
        >
        > Paul Twitchell and the Goblet of Blue Goo?
        >
        > I float over the line?
        >
        > The House of Rebazar?
        >
        > The Last Temptation of Paulji?
        >
        > "THE PAUL TWITCHELL STORY"
        >

        > T.C.
        >

        > ---------------------------------

      • violinmike2002
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2005
          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh" <lgrif@m...> wrote:

          > Hi Thomas:
          > I thought this was a modern myth. An urban legend. Hasn't
          > this idea been floating around on the internet for a couple of years?
          >
          > Leigh

          Its a joke people. Cults are lawsuit happy and nothing
          would make them happier then a chance to sue for publicity;
          a movie about them. The only pro eckankar story would be
          made by eckankar and they have too many other things to
          do with their money. Minnesota loves me lord I can't go
          back there... ( to tune of Indiana Wants me)
          There is a good story though in the Darwin- Harold
          leadership squabble and the lawsuits . Wonder what Darwin
          really looks like, those photos at little atom must be
          15 years old. I'd pay to see a movie about that. Well \
          maybe not.
          The truth is nobody cares about Eckankar- except us
          poor suckers that get eckmeshed in it. I ran across an
          Eck member today. He still doesn't talk to me about leaving
          2 years ago, and hes a decent kind sort.

          Mike
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
            <thomascbennett@y...> wrote:

            > eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com wrote:
            > Re: Digest Number 1198
            > From: "violinmike2002"
            >
            > > Hopkins To Play 60s New Age Leader
            > > By Rex Boseley, Times Entertainment
            > > Hollywood, Ca
            >
            > > In a move that industry observers wonder at, Anthony Hopkins
            > after protracted negotiation with Sony Pictures has agreed to play
            > controversial 60s New Age guru Paul Twitchell, a spiritual teacher
            > alleged to have copied or adapted into his writing whole passages
            > from other author's books.
            > . . .
            >
            > Violinmike2002 said:
            >
            > What will it be called ?
            >
            > Paul Twitchell and the Goblet of Blue Goo?
            >
            > I float over the line?
            >
            > The House of Rebazar?
            >
            > The Last Temptation of Paulji?
            >
            > "THE PAUL TWITCHELL STORY"