Re: [eckankartruth] Digest Number 1202

  • Thomas Bennett
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005

      eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      Re: Digest Number 1198
      From: "violinmike2002"

      > Hopkins To Play 60s New Age Leader
      > By Rex Boseley, Times Entertainment
      > Hollywood, Ca

      > In a move that industry observers wonder at, Anthony Hopkins
      after protracted negotiation with Sony Pictures has agreed to play
      controversial 60s New Age guru Paul Twitchell, a spiritual teacher
      alleged to have copied or adapted into his writing whole passages
      from other author's books.
      . . .

      Violinmike2002 said:

      What will it be called ?

      Paul Twitchell and the Goblet of Blue Goo?

      I float over the line?

      The House of Rebazar?

      The Last Temptation of Paulji?

      "THE PAUL TWITCHELL STORY"

      T.C.

    • John Grunwell
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
        Is this really true? I've Googled it in a variety of ways, but haven't
        found a single reference to it on the web!

        Very curious,
        John G.

        Violinmike2002 said:

        What will it be called ?

        Paul Twitchell and the Goblet of Blue Goo?

        I float over the line?

        The House of Rebazar?

        The Last Temptation of Paulji?

        "THE PAUL TWITCHELL STORY"

        T.C.

        ---------------------------------
      • l2eigh
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2005
          Hi Thomas:
          I thought this was a modern myth. An urban legend. Hasn't
          this idea been floating around on the internet for a couple of years?

          Leigh

          -- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Bennett
          <thomascbennett@y...> wrote:

          > eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          > Re: Digest Number 1198
          > From: "violinmike2002"
          >
          > > Hopkins To Play 60s New Age Leader
          > > By Rex Boseley, Times Entertainment
          > > Hollywood, Ca
          >
          > > In a move that industry observers wonder at, Anthony Hopkins
          > after protracted negotiation with Sony Pictures has agreed to play
          > controversial 60s New Age guru Paul Twitchell, a spiritual teacher
          > alleged to have copied or adapted into his writing whole passages
          > from other author's books.
          > . . .
          >
          > Violinmike2002 said:
          >
          > What will it be called ?
          >
          > Paul Twitchell and the Goblet of Blue Goo?
          >
          > I float over the line?
          >
          > The House of Rebazar?
          >
          > The Last Temptation of Paulji?
          >
          > "THE PAUL TWITCHELL STORY"
          >

          > T.C.
          >

          > ---------------------------------

        • violinmike2002
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2005
            --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh" <lgrif@m...> wrote:

            > Hi Thomas:
            > I thought this was a modern myth. An urban legend. Hasn't
            > this idea been floating around on the internet for a couple of years?
            >
            > Leigh

            Its a joke people. Cults are lawsuit happy and nothing
            would make them happier then a chance to sue for publicity;
            a movie about them. The only pro eckankar story would be
            made by eckankar and they have too many other things to
            do with their money. Minnesota loves me lord I can't go
            back there... ( to tune of Indiana Wants me)
            There is a good story though in the Darwin- Harold
            leadership squabble and the lawsuits . Wonder what Darwin
            really looks like, those photos at little atom must be
            15 years old. I'd pay to see a movie about that. Well \
            maybe not.
            The truth is nobody cares about Eckankar- except us
            poor suckers that get eckmeshed in it. I ran across an
            Eck member today. He still doesn't talk to me about leaving
            2 years ago, and hes a decent kind sort.

            Mike
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
              <thomascbennett@y...> wrote:

              > eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com wrote:
              > Re: Digest Number 1198
              > From: "violinmike2002"
              >
              > > Hopkins To Play 60s New Age Leader
              > > By Rex Boseley, Times Entertainment
              > > Hollywood, Ca
              >
              > > In a move that industry observers wonder at, Anthony Hopkins
              > after protracted negotiation with Sony Pictures has agreed to play
              > controversial 60s New Age guru Paul Twitchell, a spiritual teacher
              > alleged to have copied or adapted into his writing whole passages
              > from other author's books.
              > . . .
              >
              > Violinmike2002 said:
              >
              > What will it be called ?
              >
              > Paul Twitchell and the Goblet of Blue Goo?
              >
              > I float over the line?
              >
              > The House of Rebazar?
              >
              > The Last Temptation of Paulji?
              >
              > "THE PAUL TWITCHELL STORY"