RE: [eckankartruth] Hello

  • Paul Olson
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 13, 2005

      Sounds like another lucky winner has joined our ranks…..WELCOME….

      The only problem with eckankar is that it exists.   Perhaps someone can cure that but till then, we can just share the truths we found with others….

      Have a great Sunday

      Sword

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 14, 2005
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, babajeepers <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:

        > Just thought i'd say HELLO. I have finally decided to address my
        issues
        > with eckankar. The internet is a good place for this IMHO. As many
        of
        > your stories have demostrated, one certainly cannot go to eckankar
        or a
        > representitive and get an acceptable answer. I tried this and what
        > answers I did get were unsatisfactory. If I was persistant in trying
        > get answers, I was informed in no uncertain terms to STFU.

        What's STFU?

        Still can't believe that at my first eckthing, when I asked what
        happened to Darwin Gross, I learned not to ask questions - and
        accepted it!! Over the years, sometimes I'd accidentally ask an
        "improper" question but the response I'd get - an uncomfortable
        silence, usually - generally stifled me effectively.

        > I've been reading and coming to terms with what I learned from these
        > internet sites, off and on, for years. I'm probably not the
        chummiest, palsey walsey sort of guy but I thought I'd drop by and
        throw in my two cents from time to time.

        Just the fact that you've been reading these sites is good!! Many
        eckists won't even look. After a brief glimpse at a.r.e. and a bit of
        one of David Lane's sites - specifically, the Dodie Bellamy interview
        at http://www.geocities.com/eckcult - I hid out in the safety of the
        ecklists for around a year. I only went back to a.r.e. to try to help
        those poor lost people who'd left.

        > I'm also curious to see if the censor here allows me to post.

        Well, if I hadn't seen your posts at a.r.e. I might have kept you on
        "moderation" for awhile until you'd sent a few more posts!

        Censor? Gee, I've never thought of myself as ET's "censor"! I think
        I'm more like....GOD!!! <gg> I rule!!!

        Just don't ask the question that *really* annoys me - where does one
        go after e-kult? Many people have a hard time "getting it", which is
        sort of understandable after you've accepted the mind-control and the
        whole "master" & ID card thing.

        When you leave e-kult, you're "there". You're free. It's not
        "linear" at all, like it was in e-kult. In e-kult, they've even used
        the example of climbing a ladder.

        I look at being out of the cult sort of like being in the center of a
        universe of infinite possibilities. You can go anywhere you like, in
        any direction that catches your eye, and just sort of wander around
        having a good time!

        Anyway, welcome!!! And have a great week, everyone!!

      • mishmisha9
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 14, 2005
          Hello, Baba!

          I also want to welcome you to Eckankartruth! I agree with Sharon in
          that what she says about leaving e-cult--once you're
          out "you're 'there'" and you're free to explore all the "infinite
          possiblities" that are presented to you. There is no need to attach
          yourself to another group think, to follow a leader and obey
          hierarchial dogma! There are a ton of interesting and informative
          posts on this site that I think you will find most interesting. Be
          sure to take your time and read the archieves!

          I've noticed your posts on a.r.e. too and have found them
          interesting and fun to read!

          Take care,

          Mish

          wrote:

          > Just thought i'd say HELLO. I have finally decided to address my
          issues
          > with eckankar. The internet is a good place for this IMHO. As many
          of
          > your stories have demostrated, one certainly cannot go to eckankar
          or a
          > representitive and get an acceptable answer. I tried this and what
          > answers I did get were unsatisfactory. If I was persistant in
          trying to
          > get answers, I was informed in no uncertain terms to STFU.
          >
          > I've been reading and coming to terms with what I learned from
          these
          > internet sites, off and on, for years. I'm probably not the
          chummiest,
          > palsey walsey sort of guy but I thought I'd drop by and throw in
          my two
          > cents from time to time.
          >
          > I'm also curious to see if the censor here allows me to post.
          >
          > May the farce not be with you!
          >
          > See yah,
          >
          > Baba Jeepers

        • pato
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 14, 2005
            Wow mate you took me back in time,gave me a cool feeling,thank god I accidently found this site.I think most things are there to be outgrown once the answers dont fit the puzzle.Yep i also remember when I asked about Darwin the charmer lol-was told not to bring up his name,For me on finding my answers it was first Shock,then disbelief,then emptiness,the fear,then lonliness,more fear.But slowly and surely freedom and with that comes more choice which brings more adventure and hence more contentment.So i`ve been conned ! has`nt been the first and i`m sure wont be the last but i`m more aware now and go with my flow.Lol

            In Nigeria when we call someone Baba wee mean Sir or big man.So Welcome aboard Baba and I hope you enjoy your freedom.

            HIgh 5!!!!!

            Pato smiling

            Yahoo! Model Search - Could you be the next catwalk superstar? Check out the competition now
          • babajeepers
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 14, 2005
              Thanks for the welcomes!

              heh heh... well, I'm not ready to entirely spill my guts yet. hee hee
              and if I have any sense I'll STFU (shut the funk up)for quite awhile
              (statute of limitations and all that - Jus Kidding).

              I've never been a believer in things that go "Klemp" in the night.
              Nothing personal, but I was never able to see much value in Klemps
              leadership, written or oral teachings. However I tried to 'play along'
              because my faith in things intangible compelled me to do so...

              Having read dozens of behind the scenes and personal accounts from
              former eckists starting long ago when they left, I guess it was finally
              time for the light to come on for me personally.

              I have some new horizons to explore but I did as I wished as far as
              examineing various teachings and information while still maintaining my
              lengthy term of membership.

              The last time I went to an ek function, as the sillyness of what I was
              hearing washed over me, I simply could not wait for it to be over.
              Whatever goals Eckists have for themselves as a social institution, I
              have trouble relating to. <shrug>

              Quote:

              Don't want to discuss it ...I think it's time for a change
              You may get disgusted ... And think I'm strange
              In that case I'll go underground ... Get some heavy rest
              Never have to worry ... About what is worst and what is best.
              Van Morrison - Domino
              Unquote.

              But again, I do thank you all for the warm welcome, I appreciate it.

              Baba Jeepers
            • babajeepers
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 15, 2005
                I could only find info on a Dodie Bellamy who wrote about Horror, all
                aspects of sexuality, and who is married to a gay man. Is this the
                same one who did the write up on Eck, Lane and gross?

                I have to admit that I am very conventional in many aspects of my
                life, so I was rather shocked to discover that this Dodie Bellamy
                wrote such graphic material as I found under her name.

                My surprise regarding Bellamy is neither here nor there but I found
                her account/description of Gross's concert to be touching describing
                the melancholy reality of a man who once held my world in his hands.
                http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0025,bellamy,15802,1.html
                Of course, this may not be the same Bellamy, I don't know.

                I have few qualms at this point in my life about the org and my
                separation from it or the truth about it. However, it was quite a
                loss at the time. It would be my luck to believe that I had found the
                truth of truths and love of loves only to find that it had escaped
                me. I have been an outsider in life regardless of the circumstances
                of a given situation spiritual, material or social. You know.. square
                peg ... round holes ... that sort of thing where one is never able to
                fit correctly. hee hee I guess that makes me an individual.

                Baba Jeepers

                --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@y...>
                wrote:

> [...]
                >
                > Just don't ask the question that *really* annoys me - where does
                one
                > go after e-kult? Many people have a hard time "getting it", which
                is
                > sort of understandable after you've accepted the mind-control and
                the
                > whole "master" & ID card thing.
                >
                > When you leave e-kult, you're "there". You're free. It's not
                > "linear" at all, like it was in e-kult. In e-kult, they've even
                used
                > the example of climbing a ladder.
                >
                > I look at being out of the cult sort of like being in the center of
                > universe of infinite possibilities. You can go anywhere you like,
                in
                > any direction that catches your eye, and just sort of wander around
                > having a good time!
                >
                > Anyway, welcome!!! And have a great week, everyone!!

              • babajeepers
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 15, 2005
                  Hello Mish,

                  Yah.. not attaching myself to a group think... and group think
                  leader... Ok, I'll try and keep that in mind hee hee. It's rather
                  easy to not become attached because I rarely participate in new age
                  wackiness outside my own head... I do occasionally get behind some
                  political stuff in real time.

                  It'a a dog eat dog world out there... and I don't eat dog except on
                  special occasions.

                  My biggest problem is doing the silent zikar or simram hee
                  hee. "Knock that "Sugmad" chanting off Dammit" I tells myself. Whoops
                  did it again spelling out e..c...k... under my breath. Chanting the
                  names of non existant masters ... hee hee. Hello.. Baba Jeepers to
                  masters.. come in.. over. <static noise skkk> Hello Lai Tsi! This is
                  the jeepers, over.. <skk shhh (more static noise)> I'd like to drop
                  over in your cave and see your face illuminated by the light of god
                  when you have a minute.. thanks .... over <skk shhh> P.S. How'd yah
                  get the butterflys to bring you the honey wow! Laters Lai, gotta
                  run ... Tell Sugmad that I adore him/her/he/she/it Jeepers out!

                  As far as hierarchial dogma... how do you get away from it? It's
                  everywhere:
                  ... I'm more impotent than you cause .. I got 1,2,3,4,5 college
                  degrees...

                  ... I'm more impotent than you cause .. I got more <insert anything
                  here> than you.

                  ... I'm more impotent than you cause .. I'm goot looking an yer ugly
                  hee hee.

                  Whoa I'm getting way off track sorta sorry. I get it though I
                  think ... only people with money are part of the true hierarchy that
                  my survival depends on. I'm guessing I'm making sense.

                  I see that you, and several others here, write well Mish. Maybe there
                  is some list of like ... pertinent topics, that have been addressed
                  here? If not, I'll take aluk (whoops dang zikar kicking in again), I
                  mean a look.

                  I wasn't kidding when I say that I've been reading these various
                  boards and sites for years .. so I've seen quite abit that's out
                  there.

                  Regards and warm fuzzies,

                  Baba Jeepers
                  --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "mishmisha9" <mishmisha9@y...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hello, Baba!
                  >
                  > I also want to welcome you to Eckankartruth! I agree with Sharon in
                  > that what she says about leaving e-cult--once you're
                  > out "you're 'there'" and you're free to explore all the "infinite
                  > possiblities" that are presented to you. There is no need to attach
                  > yourself to another group think, to follow a leader and obey
                  > hierarchial dogma! There are a ton of interesting and informative
                  > posts on this site that I think you will find most interesting. Be
                  > sure to take your time and read the archieves!
                  >
                  > I've noticed your posts on a.r.e. too and have found them
                  > interesting and fun to read!
                  >
                  > Take care,
                  >
                  > Mish
                  >
                  > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, babajeepers <no_reply@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Just thought i'd say HELLO. I have finally decided to address my
                  > issues
                  > > with eckankar. The internet is a good place for this IMHO. As
                  many
                  > of
                  > > your stories have demostrated, one certainly cannot go to
                  eckankar
                  > or a
                  > > representitive and get an acceptable answer. I tried this and
                  what
                  > > answers I did get were unsatisfactory. If I was persistant in
                  > trying to
                  > > get answers, I was informed in no uncertain terms to STFU.
                  > >
                  > > I've been reading and coming to terms with what I learned from
                  > these
                  > > internet sites, off and on, for years. I'm probably not the
                  > chummiest,
                  > > palsey walsey sort of guy but I thought I'd drop by and throw in
                  > my two
                  > > cents from time to time.
                  > >
                  > > I'm also curious to see if the censor here allows me to post.
                  > >
                  > > May the farce not be with you!
                  > >
                  > > See yah,
                  > >
                  > > Baba Jeepers

                • babajeepers
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 15, 2005
                    Howdy Pato,

                    I see that you are off across the ocean. I sometimes think of
                    becoming an expatriot and moving overseas... but I have
                    responsibilities and obligations here ... and very limited
                    finances! :0) . Besides, whereever you go.. there you are.

                    I've kind of come to terms with the whole EK situation cold turkey.
                    Frankly, there are not many places people can discuss this sort of
                    thing so I appreciate the existence of this site as much as you do. I
                    wanted to be sure I knew what I was doing before I burned the bridge
                    behind me. I even had a spell where I threw back a few pints too many
                    cause I was having such trouble with the inner conflicts surrounding
                    the facts versus the farce(s).

                    But... yah .. adventure and contentment is what I crave hee hee. Too
                    bad I'm not a kid anymore to really enjoy it.

                    Eh... not a big man Pato. I'm about 6'tall weigh 240# hee hee. I made
                    the name to to be a wiseacre .. I took the name as a lark. :0) I'm
                    very special ... just like everyone else!

                    Nice meeting you Pato!

                    Regards,

                    Baba Jeepers

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 15, 2005
                      Hi Paul,

                      Thanks for the welcome. Yah.. Anyday that I'm above ground seems like
                      a good day. Maybe my luck is changing!! Now I have to run off and buy
                      a lotto ticket!

                      Regards,

                      Baba Jeepers

                      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Olson" <Paul@V...> wrote:

                      > Sounds like another lucky winner has joined our ranks...WELCOME..
                      >

                      > The only problem with eckankar is that it exists. Perhaps someone
                      can cure
                      > that but till then, we can just share the truths we found with
                      others..

                      > Have a great Sunday
                      >

                      > Sword
                      >

                      > _____

                      t=ms&k=Dalai+lama&w1=Dalai+lama&w2=Eckankar&w3
                      > =Pubic+lice&w4=Sant+mat&c=4&s=60&.sig=qxNjmo7HO5r0yB8IWTE3YQ> lama
                      >
                      > Eckankar
                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                      t=ms&k=Eckankar&w1=Dalai+lama&w2=Eckankar&w3=P
                      > ubic+lice&w4=Sant+mat&c=4&s=60&.sig=Adh4OrxKIE4yQ94mfR1lgA>
                      >
                      > Pubic
                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                      t=ms&k=Pubic+lice&w1=Dalai+lama&w2=Eckankar&w3
                      > =Pubic+lice&w4=Sant+mat&c=4&s=60&.sig=yGDLGSEg39x_cKG0fLjoAw> lice
                      >

                      > Sant
                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                      t=ms&k=Sant+mat&w1=Dalai+lama&w2=Eckankar&w3=P
                      > ubic+lice&w4=Sant+mat&c=4&s=60&.sig=r66BEB8-2ZqbsmbQdLTwqA> mat
                      >

                      > _____
                      >
                      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                      >

                      > * Visit your group "eckankartruth
                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eckankartruth> " on the web.