Twitchell Westernized and Distorted Radhasoami's 5 Passions & Remedies

  • prometheus_973
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hi All,

      Twitchell altered the origional Passions and Remedies (Virtures) of
      Radhasoami to, in part, better appeal to the western spiritual
      seeker. In my 1977 copyright of The Path of the Masters on page 362
      is a chart showing the Passions and Remedies (Virtures). I also
      think this was a technique Twitchell used to steal from other
      sources! Twitchell also added the letter "A" to the Hindi words for
      the Passions. Look it up in the Eckankar Lexicon... it's there!

      1st Twitchell elimates the Remedy (virture) of "Shil, Chastity,
      continence" for the Passion of Kam (Lust).

      2nd Twitchell takes the Remedy or virture of Contentment (for Lobh
      or Greed) and uses this for the Remedy or virture for Kam (Lust).

      3rd Twitchell takes the first Remedy or virture , of two, Viveka
      (Discrimination) from the Passion of Moh (Attachment.

      4th Twitchell now uses this Remedy or virture Viveka
      (Discrimination) for the Passion of Lobh (Greed).

      Radhasoami:

      Lust-Chasity, continence
      Anger-Forgiveness, tolerance
      Greed-Contentment
      Attachment-Discrimination, Detachment
      Ego;Pride-Humility

      Eckankar:

      Lust-Contentment
      Anger-Forgiveness, tolerance
      Greed-Discrimination
      Attachment-Detachment
      Vanity-Humility

      This PT rearrangement of the Passion-Virture chart is why Eckists
      have such trouble matching up the 5 Passions to the 5 Virtures!
      <smile>

      Prometheus

      tygerpurr wrote:

      > Hi Sharon,

      >I've been trying to figure out the same thing about how the Ekult
      and others dumb us down by getting us to numb out our feelings
      and distort our thinking. The quote on anger being a disease of the
      mind or a cancer is from Julian Johnson THe Path of the Masters; it
      is from the section on the Five Passions. Sound familiar. THey are
      all considered to be diseases to be avoided as very dangerous. The
      reason they are self-hating IMO is that you cannot be a human being
      if you go to the extremes that are suggested and these are very
      similar in eckankrap as well. I could put this section in your files
      if you would like. Of course the original printing was 1939 and
      Julian was also a former CHristian preacher before he met
      the "Master" from Radhasoami. Twitch studied with and plagarized
      many of their writings. I have always found it interesting that
      those who preach against these so called negative, unpure feelings
      are usually quite angry and self-rightous themselves, but somehow
      that goes unnoticed. They also turn out to be liars too!
    • mishmisha9
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2005
        > Message: 2
        > Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 03:31:22 -0000
        > From: "Moderator" <eckchains@y...>
        > Subject: Example of Mind Control via the guilt trip:
        Anger is not cancer or a disease

        > Often cult leaders, such as Klemp, and other higher initiates,
        do a double speak about so called bad emotions, such as anger or
        fear. If they can dumb you down enough so you don't feel any
        appropriate anger or fear, then the normal alarms will not go off when
        you are being conned into believing the absurd nonsense they preach.
        It is not human, nor is it compassionate to expect such
        absolutes. It is self-hate incarnate.*****>

        Yes, this is a perfect control technique by those who want to lead and
        manipulate others. Each of our emotions/feelings serve its purpose. To
        deprive ourselves of one or two to them simply cripples us--and also
        creates unbalance! We are not more perfect human beings or more
        spiritually enlightened by denying these inherent emotions we are
        blessed with! : )

        Mish
      • violinmike2002
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973"
          <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > Twitchell altered the origional Passions and Remedies (Virtures) of
          > Radhasoami to, in part, better appeal to the western spiritual
          > seeker. In my 1977 copyright of The Path of the Masters on page 362
          > is a chart showing the Passions and Remedies (Virtures). I also
          > think this was a technique Twitchell used to steal from other
          > sources! Twitchell also added the letter "A" to the Hindi words for
          > the Passions. Look it up in the Eckankar Lexicon... it's there!
          >
          > 1st Twitchell elimates the Remedy (virture) of "Shil, Chastity,
          > continence" for the Passion of Kam (Lust).
          >
          > 2nd Twitchell takes the Remedy or virture of Contentment (for Lobh
          > or Greed) and uses this for the Remedy or virture for Kam (Lust).
          >
          > 3rd Twitchell takes the first Remedy or virture , of two, Viveka
          > (Discrimination) from the Passion of Moh (Attachment.
          >
          > 4th Twitchell now uses this Remedy or virture Viveka
          > (Discrimination) for the Passion of Lobh (Greed).
          >
          > Radhasoami:
          >
          > Lust-Chasity, continence
          > Anger-Forgiveness, tolerance
          > Greed-Contentment
          > Attachment-Discrimination, Detachment
          > Ego;Pride-Humility
          >
          > Eckankar:
          >
          > Lust-Contentment
          > Anger-Forgiveness, tolerance
          > Greed-Discrimination
          > Attachment-Detachment
          > Vanity-Humility
          >
          > This PT rearrangement of the Passion-Virture chart is why Eckists
          > have such trouble matching up the 5 Passions to the 5 Virtures!
          > <smile>
          >
          > Prometheus

          Yes but that was 35 years ago when
          Elvis was still rockin in Hawaii. Harold replaced it with
          heartworming stories about puppies and other subjects from
          a bible type lexicon.
          My favorite was the Wise King who apparently hides from his
          subjects most of the time too sick or frightened and the
          I can sleep when the wind blows story.
          The Purple Fog the unauthorized Eck Story coming soon to a theater
          near you !
          ( Master is that you ? awooogggaaa -Yes It is I I want to take
          you to the temple of Fantasy Island

          Mike