Hi! I'm new here!

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 24, 2005
      I just want to let anyone that has doubts; there is spiritual life
      after eckankar! I was a member from 1984 to 1996, and had followed the
      teachings since 1978. After becoming computer literate and surfing the
      net, I discovered the plagarisms and that was that. I was then thrown
      into a deep depression(actually, I'd always been depressed, the eck
      just masked it for years)and when I came out, I discovered my true
      spiritual path.

      I've also been able to re-examine many of the inner experiences that I
      had while in eckankar, and found that they are still valid. They were
      my experiences, and a few years after I threw the baby out with the
      bathwater, I found the baby to be intact and thriving.

      I'm a Shamanist, a Pagan if you will. I'm surrounded by my Totem
      Animals and in constant communication with my Spirit Guide, Irene. I
      am happy.

      Peace & Abundance,
      Michael
    • prometheus_973
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 28, 2005
        Hi Michael,

        Welcome to the site! I was an Eckist for quite some time myself. I
        never looked at David Lane's site until I read Ford's book. I
        believe I heard something about Lane around 1990, but shrugged him
        off as being an outsider to Eckankar and therefore not truly knowing
        what he was talking about. It is true that Lane, as an outsider, did
        have some trouble piecing the puzzle all together, but Ford Johnson
        filled in most of the remaining gaps or pieces as only a highly
        ranked insider could. Sadly, Eckankar was just a fraud. The bubble
        was burst and I found myself briefly drifting in a void. It took
        awhile to assimilate the truth and to regain direction, but the
        weight that was lifted from my shoulders felt so freeing! This was
        true Spiritual Freedom and not the lip service Klemp gives.

        Over the years I've explored many spiritual paths, religions, the
        psychic/metaphysical and healing techniques. I have found that there
        is both Validity and invalidity for each individual in all things.
        For me, my teacher is SPIRIT and It permeates all experience.
        Therefore, Mastership (for me, as Soul) is both realized and sought
        in each moment. Life (the field of action) gives the opportunity to
        make choices that reflect what I have learned, and need to learn. I
        reject all religion, but not all of their teachings. I follow no
        Master other than mySelf.

        Anyway, I also have a Yahoo Group site that you may want to visit
        called Eckankar Survivors Anonymous (ESA). Sharon has it listed
        under "Links" on this site.

        Prometheus

        Michael wrote:
        > I just want to let anyone that has doubts; there is spiritual life
        after eckankar! I was a member from 1984 to 1996, and had followed
        the teachings since 1978. After becoming computer literate and
        surfing the net, I discovered the plagarisms and that was that. I
        was then thrown into a deep depression(actually, I'd always been
        depressed, the eck just masked it for years)and when I came out, I
        discovered my true spiritual path.

        > I've also been able to re-examine many of the inner experiences
        that I had while in eckankar, and found that they are still valid.
        They were my experiences, and a few years after I threw the baby out
        with the bathwater, I found the baby to be intact and thriving.

        > I'm a Shamanist, a Pagan if you will. I'm surrounded by my Totem
        Animals and in constant communication with my Spirit Guide, Irene. I
        am happy.

        > Peace & Abundance,
        > Michael
      • pato
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
          Quote from previous post

          ........Over the years I've explored many spiritual paths, religions, the
          psychic/metaphysical and healing techniques. I have found that there
          is both Validity and invalidity for each individual in all things.
          For me, my teacher is SPIRIT and It permeates all experience.
          Therefore, Mastership (for me, as Soul) is both realized and sought
          in each moment. Life (the field of action) gives the opportunity to
          make choices that reflect what I have learned, and need to learn. I
          reject all religion, but not all of their teachings. I follow no
          Master other than mySelf.

          Wow really cool and it`s nice to know the indivual has the know how to make a change and is in complete control of  all the decisions and actions they do whether it`s just putting the kettle on to make a lovely cup of tea lol or taking responsibilty for ones actions.
              I personally accept all religions but only as I SEE IT!
            Bottom line ,me I`m an actor in a film called the "life and time of Pato",the duration lasts a lifetime.I go through ups and downs,joy and sadness,fortune and poverty,love and Pain,evaluating and learning for I am only human.And when the fim is over after this my lifespan,if I can look back I hope I can either say-"Pat you deserve an Oscar" or "what the heck no regrets I`d do it all over again!"

          So far so good  lol

          Hugs  Pato with a wink and a giggle

          woop late 4 work

        • pato
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
            OOPs Hi Michael, pardon my manners

          • prometheus_973
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
              Hi Pato,
              Thanks for your self-serving put-down. I was just trying to welcome
              a new person to the site, and share some of my experiences and
              opinions. You've distorted what I've said. But, since you accept all
              religions as you SEE them then I can see why you've viewed my post
              so narrowly.

              Prometheus

              --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, pato <patouz27@y...> wrote:
              > Quote from previous post
              >
              > ........Over the years I've explored many spiritual paths,
              religions, the
              > psychic/metaphysical and healing techniques. I have found that
              there
              > is both Validity and invalidity for each individual in all things.
              > For me, my teacher is SPIRIT and It permeates all experience.
              > Therefore, Mastership (for me, as Soul) is both realized and
              sought
              > in each moment. Life (the field of action) gives the opportunity
              > make choices that reflect what I have learned, and need to learn.
              > reject all religion, but not all of their teachings. I follow no
              > Master other than mySelf.
              >

              > Wow really cool and it`s nice to know the indivual has the know
              how to make a change and is in complete control of all the
              decisions and actions they do whether it`s just putting the kettle
              on to make a lovely cup of tea lol or taking responsibilty for ones
              actions.
              > I personally accept all religions but only as I SEE IT!
              > Bottom line ,me I`m an actor in a film called the "life and time
              of Pato",the duration lasts a lifetime.I go through ups and
              downs,joy and sadness,fortune and poverty,love and Pain,evaluating
              and learning for I am only human.And when the fim is over after this
              my lifespan,if I can look back I hope I can either say-"Pat you
              deserve an Oscar" or "what the heck no regrets I`d do it all over
              again!"

              > So far so good lol
              >
              > Hugs Pato with a wink and a giggle
              >
              > woop late 4 work
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > Yahoo! Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide
              with voicemail
            • pato
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
                Prometheus
                I apologise if I upset you ,maybe if you understand my english humor more you would observe that I was just adding humor to to day and frankly more in support of what you said only a slight difference of opinion,it`s all tongue in cheek my friend and I hope you could read through the lines-at no point was I trying to  undermine your comments.quite frankly I replied becos I liked It and for the record I also wanted to welcome Michael and almost forgot.Again I apologise and i normally make fun of myself instead of wasting time trying to make fun or putting down others.
                   WINK   PATO the joker in the pack giving his honest opinion

              • Michael
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 29, 2005
                  Thank you for the welcomes! I got your humor Pato... BTW, I also shy
                  away from religions, but not the sound(as in solid, no eck pun
                  intended)teachings that most are based on. My girlfriend is a
                  Unitarian, the most inclusive church I've ever been exposed to. They
                  celebrate their differences with each other. A typical service might
                  have Christian, Pagan and Humanist teachings one-after-the-other.
                  But, post-eckankar, I'm very shy of joining any organization, no
                  matter how loving and open-minded.

                  Peace

                  Michael
                • pato
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 2, 2005
                    Cheers Michael,
                           Nice to see my humor isn`t drying up and my spelling is still disgraceful! lol.
                    It is nice to converce and debate if one is in the right frame of mind for it.I in particular have been through a phase where i tried to find the answers like most people have and to be honest it got very complicated and yet very simple as well.The more I looked the less I saw,I can only go of my personal experiences now and that is my validity to life.Yet I can also connect at times with other peoples philosophies amd experiences when it relates to mine.I try and be open minded and see religion as the relationship of a person with his or hers surroundngs-their connection with the whole.
                      The way I see it a coin is a coin if you toss it up and it lands on either heads or tails.I just watch out myself for where all the money goes.LOL I love creating things and just love letting things flow.I hate typing lol but hey we have to communicate, can only still only type with one finger  lol.I`ve not really been really posting on here for a while but hold the sight dear to me.It`s a reminder how far i`ve come even though where I`m going I don`t really know other than 6ft below  lol

                    Anyway it`s back to doing somemore video editing,I`ve finished the video song I set out to do.the title is -Tomorrow by Salif keita and its perfect for me.Its was in the film of Ali with Will Smith if anyone remembers............Just before his fight with George Foreman when he was jogging around and training in africa and came upon a hut with pictures.now who says you need to understand a language to appreciate a song? lol A friend who lost her mother showed me a poem she wrote and the song came to mind-all i need to do now is read out the poem before the video song-my mike is working and I have permission to use the poem.

                    Michael hope you have fun, its a cool site,it baptised me to really see Eckankar for wat it really was.

                    Peace bro

                    Pato  a Creator  lol