Re: [eckankartruth] Digest Number 34

  • rc1tn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2001
      Thanks alot Mick ! I count myself fortunate that I only recruited one person
      to eckankar. I live in a "bible belt" area. So it was little wonder that my
      early years as a poster person was not successful. I knew of only one person
      to show up from my county and she did not buy into eckankar. The eck center
      is in a nearby county. There were a few inquiring letters sent to the center
      but that is all that my two summers of posting accomplished.
      I read somewhere that someone is posting warnings about cults and eckankar
      itself. I have not done it but it would seem simple enough to simply post the
      website addys
      below a brief warning of such deceptive cults. I think that Sharon and D. C.
      Lane's websites would be enough to serve such a purpose.
      One of the other reasons for my leaving eckankar was the near fanatical
      attitude (neurosis?) about invasion of one's own psychic space. At the time I
      did not know of Klemp's paranoia. But seems to me that around 1991 or 92
      several satsang sundays were used to strongly impress upon the person's mind
      about invasion of psychic space. Why the fear of someone else's approach ?
      I had a friend who looked into the otherside of occultism and his analysis
      was no harm will come to you unless you believe. Of course this is true in
      the South America areas where voo-doo is practised.
      Often it is hard for me to discern between inner reality and fantasy. There
      are those moments when my imagination's imagery simply ran away with me. The
      Twitch gambled on this fact about the imagination and won people to eckankar.
      The only way I have been able to realize that an inner (S.T.) experience
      is truly happening is that the experience is spontaneous and the inner
      teacher is telepathically sending dialogue. While mock-ups as taught by
      eckankar materials may have its place, it also has the potential to cause
      self-deception. Paul T., also gambled on what you send out comes back to you.
      Another way to phrase it is this : Projection creates perception. This is
      the knowledge that insidious cult builders use.
      Bye for now,
      Randy