Pity the blind cult member

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2005
      Mornin' Everyone!

      Found this one in "pending" this morning:

      From: m hussain <jcpshazam@...>
      Date: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:11pm
      Subject: Re: [eckankartruth]
      Re: A brochure idea

      You poor ,bitter,twisted soul. let go.... let go of the hate and
      bitterness, move on, get on with your life !!! Dont look back in
      anger any more .....maybe get some therapy for your bitterness and
      hate. I feel so sorry for you....

      -------------------------------------

      Gawd, this kind of totally blind & mindless reaction from cult
      members is getting old, after seeing so much of it for so long!

      Come to think of it, I'd say these words apply more to Klemp! And to
      Twitch and Gross before him.

      I thought the same thing when, as an eckist, I went to a.r.e. and saw
      real, live people who'd left "the master". From the beginning, I'd
      been programmed with the cult's so-called "teachings" about both not-
      yet-eckists (the whole world! <g>) and those who left.

      The not-yet-eckists were lost & suffering and needed me to be a "co-
      worker" and "connect" them with a membership application.

      And those who left? Well...we all know what the cult has to say
      about them. But it's always been my habit to look deeper. To walk a
      mile in the other guy's moccasins, just to understand where they are
      and where they're coming from. Although just watching the goings-on
      at a.r.e. is enough to make it quite clear that it's the *eckists*
      who have a problem with anger, etc., I also took the time to get to
      know some of them personally, starting with Alf - didn't have much of
      a choice since he sent me a very nasty personal email when I started
      posting at a.r.e., and I responded publicly.

      Alf is actually sort of like my old German Shepherd. She liked to
      play "big scary dog" - strangers at the door got quite a welcome, but
      she'd sort of look at me in between snarls and laugh, and almost
      wink! Seriously, that dog had quite a sense of humor! But if
      necessary, she would have killed to protect her family. And I'm
      *very* glad about that!!

      If an eckist dog saw someone in trouble, they'd close their eyes and
      turn their backs, to avoid getting entangled in someone else's karma.

      Everything the cult "teaches" about those who leave just isn't true.

      I remember way back when I started reading the eckbooks, something
      Twitch wrote about how the whole universe was out to destroy "the
      eck". And I thought how ridiculous and extreme, it's just a
      little "spiritual path" - but at the time, I wasn't really aware of
      how important it is that cults develop a strong "us vs. them"
      mentality. And to depersonalize its "enemies".

      I'm just very thankful for the internet, so people have a chance to
      learn the truth about this cult before they sign away their hearts,
      souls, and minds to a big lie. I only wish the internet had been
      around when I first joined, or that there had been a former eckist
      with a "handout" at the first eckthing I attended.

      E-kult works the way vampires do. <gg> You know, they have to get
      their victim's permission. They don't get it by being honest, though.

      Think about it.

    • mishmisha9
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 12, 2005
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@y...>
        wrote:
        > Mornin' Everyone!
        >
        > Found this one in "pending" this morning:
        >
        > From: m hussain <jcpshazam@y...>
        > Date: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:11pm
        > Subject: Re: [eckankartruth]
        > Re: A brochure idea
        >
        > You poor ,bitter,twisted soul. let go.... let go of the hate and
        > bitterness, move on, get on with your life !!! Dont look back in
        > anger any more .....maybe get some therapy for your bitterness and
        > hate. I feel so sorry for you....
        >
        > -------------------------------------

        WOW! Pointing out lies and deceptions that lead Souls down a wrong
        path is just revealing Truth! It has nothing to do with being
        bitter, twisted, angry or even needing therapy!

        Really, Sharon, I think you are doing a good job enjoying life post
        e-cult! But doing the anti-Eckankar stuff is quite admirable--it
        shows concern for others. Yes, you could totally move on and stop
        this work, but then you would be shirking the responsibility of
        sharing the Truth so others do not fall victim to "cults" like
        Eckankar. It also helps those eckists who have doubts to see what it
        is all about!

        Frankly, I'm tired of being told move-on and let-go as though I am
        still in a frazzled state. The fact of the matter is I feel very
        liberated and happy to have shed the oppression and delusions that I
        allowed into my life when I became a member of eckankar. One more
        thing, too, I don't have to dig down deep into the "teachings" to
        find any "pearls" of truth that might be covered in its mire to make
        me feel better about the time and money I spent in that delusional
        state of believing that eckankar was the most direct path to God-
        realization, etc. I don't need to do that for my conscience, because
        my conscience knows that I knew more before I joined and I know more
        since leaving it.

        I don't understand why posts like yours, Sharon, bother the newly
        resigned eckists, because I believe this writer is no longer an
        eckist but obviously wants to hold on to some of its teachings,
        perhaps?

        Besides, what's wrong with going to an intro and sharing your own
        perspective, asking questions that all of us wished we could have
        asked when we first joined? There are many questions eckists should
        be asking, but, of course, they know they are not allowed to ask
        because it would show doubting of the words/teachings of the blessed
        mahanta. They know darn well if they make waves, they won't get that
        initiations will suffer shunning and will not be allowed
        to "advance" within the hierarchy! : )

        TGIF! Everyone have a great weekend!

        Mish
      • rumizappo
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2005
          Does anyone out there live anywhere near St. Louis? I am just looking
          to see if I am all alone here or not. Hopefully not. But if I am, that
          is okay, too. I was just wondering...