to Sword

  • l2eigh
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hi Paul:
      Do you have any information on the near approach to Mars we'll
      be experiencing this month?
    • m hussain
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2005
        I found this on the eckankar spiritual excercise of the week, and I thought it may be of interest.

        Show Me Love

        There are many ECK spiritual exercises. Each one opens you a little bit more to the Sound and Light of God.

        If you don't know anything about ECK, the main tool you have to work with at this point may be prayer—your communication with God. If you are sincerely interested in truth, in knowing who you are and why you belong here, ask God in your prayers: "Show me truth."

        If your heart is pure, the Lord will bring truth into your life. But don't expect it to come in a way that fits your expectations; it may come in a different way. It may come through the gift of a book or by way of a person telling you one small step that you need to take before you can go to the next step.

        And so you can pray to God. Just say, "I want truth," or "Dear Lord, give me knowledge, wisdom, and understanding." But the greatest thing you could ask is: "Dear Lord, give me love."

        Knowledge, wisdom, and understanding are only the attributes of God. But when you have love, you have the whole thing. We seek first the highest, most divine, most sacred part of something which is nothing other than our own inner being. And with this come the attributes of God and spiritual liberation, which is something no baptism can ever bring.

        When you ask for truth with a pure heart, Divine Spirit will take you one step closer to coming home to God.

      • Paul Olson
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2005
          L2eigh,

          There has beeen a flood of rumors and seriously mistaken mass emails
          going around about the Mars Close Approach this month.

          Mars had its closest approach to Earth 2 years ago and will not get
          that close again for well over 60,000 years!

          The rumor that Mars will be as big as a full moon are totally
          hogwash and when you get an email like that, you should refer the
          sender to a knowledgable source such as an observatory or astronomy
          club, or somewhere.

          Earth and Mars both orbit the sum however at different speeds.
          Earth orbits faster than Mars does and Mars is farther out from the
          Sun than Earth is. The result of this is that every 2 years Earth
          and Mars have a close approach. The positions of the planets in
          their own orbital path is different during each approach thus the
          distances of the close approaches differ with each pass.....However
          these distances are easilly predictable.

          Close approach will someday be used for a manned mission to Mars.
          Right now it looks like we could have a shot in 2017-2018, perhaps
          sooner.

          Thanks for asking! I love debunking bad astronomy almost as much as
          debunking bad religion.

          Sword

          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh" <lgrif@m...> wrote:
          > Hi Paul:
          > Do you have any information on the near approach to Mars
          we'll
          > be experiencing this month?
        • Paul Olson
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2005
            Ooops! FOr got my signature!

            16 days to Mauai!
            Sword

            --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh" <lgrif@m...> wrote:
            > Hi Paul:
            > Do you have any information on the near approach to Mars
            we'll
            > be experiencing this month?
          • Paul Olson
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2, 2005
              Hussain,

              A very nice little quote on the surface. I wonder which book harold
              stole it from, or which chela mailed in this idea to harold in an
              initiate report? Could HK have actually taken some time out of his
              busy day avoiding driving and avoiding computers to really have
              written something himself?

              Now, let's look at the quote itself.

              --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, m hussain <jcpshazam@y...>
              wrote:
              > I found this on the eckankar spiritual excercise of the week, and
              I thought it may be of interest.

              I think most of the folks here see eckankar for what it is and
              probably have already read any quote you can come up with....

              > Show Me LoveThere are many ECK spiritual exercises. Each one opens
              you a little bit more to the Sound and Light of God.

              I definately differ with your statement here. I think in most
              cases, that eckankars spiritual exercises help to lull one into a
              placid state of mind and actually close one off from true spiritual
              experimentation. They get too busy thinking that they are self or
              god realized, or on the way there. Kinda like self hypnosis. I did
              eck spiritual exercises for 28 years and speak from experience.
              Thank goodnes I got to wake up and see the real light.

              > If you don't know anything about ECK, the main tool you have to
              work with at this point may be prayer—your communication with God.
              If you are sincerely interested in truth, in knowing who you are and
              why you belong here, ask God in your prayers: "Show me truth."

              WHY? Do you feel you are seperated from god? Is there even really
              a god? Are you not enough? Do you know what you are to begin
              with? Isn't this like talking to ones self? I think it's wishful
              thinking that leads us to find answers to questions that we already
              know, but that we need to Not feel alone.

              > If your heart is pure, the Lord will bring truth into your life.
              But don't expect it to come in a way that fits your expectations; it
              may come in a different way. It may come through the gift of a book
              or by way of a person telling you one small step that you need to
              take before you can go to the next step.

              Whether your "heart is pure" or not. Life is the truth. I question
              any notion of a physically manifested "Lord" of any kind. Usually
              these guys are just money hungry psudo-guru's like the Lems.

              As to finding next steps....You cannot help but find the next step!
              You are the whole path itself to begin with!

              > And so you can pray to God. Just say, "I want truth," or "Dear
              Lord, give me knowledge, wisdom, and understanding." But the
              greatest thing you could ask is: "Dear Lord, give me love."

              Why not avoid the middle man. Get it yourself!

              > Knowledge, wisdom, and understanding are only the attributes of
              God.

              I also differ here. the attributes you list above are not
              attributes of god, they are the result of serious investigation,
              education and self action. They are not granted to anyone. They
              may be attained by those who are not lazy, those who seek for
              themselves rather than sit quietly hoping some "spirit from above"
              will place the cloak of knowing upon them.

              >But when you have love, you have the whole thing. We seek first the
              highest, most divine, most sacred part of something which is nothing
              other than our own inner being.

              If that is the case, then why seek it? You already are it! So why
              do all those eckists feel such a need to connect? Could the entire
              idea be mistaken?

              >And with this come the attributes of God and spiritual liberation,
              which is something no baptism can ever bring.

              Prove it! I haven't met anyone in eckankar, over 28 years of
              history who manifests the liberation that you speak of! Not even
              the LEMS!

              > When you ask for truth with a pure heart, Divine Spirit will take
              you one step closer to coming home to God.

              Again, wishfull thinking ment to keep one feeling that it will
              happen soon....by itself, or by the grace of some master
              somewhere....Wake up folks.

              Sword

              16 days to Mauai!

              > ---------------------------------
            • m hussain
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2005
                I think you have missed the point, we all know about the plagerism, lies etc its really old hat now. People are a lot more informed then they were a few years ago.

                The purpose of the post was to show, if someone really is at a loss spiritually and they dont know which direction to go. Then at least they can use one tool that has helped people, and that is simply to pray to God ( or whoever you belive in) for guidance. The fact that Harold may have plagerised it, doesnt make it any less valid, it is still a spiritual truth.

                wrote:
> [...]

                >But when you have love, you have the whole thing. We seek first the
                highest, most divine, most sacred part of something which is nothing
                other than our own inner being.

                If that is the case, then why seek it?  You already are it!  So why
                do all those eckists feel such a need to connect?  Could the entire
                idea be mistaken?

                >And with this come the attributes of God and spiritual liberation,
                which is something no baptism can ever bring.

                Prove it!  I haven't met anyone in eckankar, over 28 years of
                history who manifests the liberation that you speak of!  Not even
                the LEMS!

                > When you ask for truth with a pure heart, Divine Spirit will take
                you one step closer to coming home to God.

                Again, wishfull thinking ment to keep one feeling that it will
                happen soon....by itself, or by the grace of some master

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • ctecvie
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2, 2005
                  Hussain,

                  > I think you have missed the point, we all know about the
                  plagerism, lies etc its really old hat now. People are a lot more
                  informed then they were a few years ago.

                  I personally think that Sword hit the point right on! Being informed
                  does not mean not falling for it!

                  > The purpose of the post was to show, if someone really is at a
                  loss spiritually and they dont know which direction to go. Then at
                  least they can use one tool that has helped people, and that is
                  simply to pray to God ( or whoever you belive in) for guidance.

                  Yes, you can do that - if you decide to do so. Then it's coming from
                  yourself, and not because anybody tells you to do so!

                  >The fact that Harold may have plagerised it, doesnt make it any
                  less valid, it is still a spiritual truth.

                  A distorted spiritual truth - and I think that makes a hell of a
                  difference!

                  Sword - good points, thank you for your response!
                  Ingrid

> [...]
                  nothing
                  > other than our own inner being.
                  >
                  > If that is the case, then why seek it? You already are it! So
                  why
                  > do all those eckists feel such a need to connect? Could the
                  entire
                  > idea be mistaken?
                  >
                  > >And with this come the attributes of God and spiritual
                  liberation,
                  > which is something no baptism can ever bring.
                  >
                  > Prove it! I haven't met anyone in eckankar, over 28 years of
                  > history who manifests the liberation that you speak of! Not even
                  > the LEMS!
                  >
                  > > When you ask for truth with a pure heart, Divine Spirit will
                  take
                  > you one step closer to coming home to God.
                  > >

                  > Again, wishfull thinking ment to keep one feeling that it will
                  > happen soon....by itself, or by the grace of some master

                  Service.

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Greg and Liz
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 3, 2005

                    m hussain <jcpshazam@...> wrote:
                    I think you have missed the point, we all know about the plagiarism, lies etc its really old hat now. People are a lot more informed then they were a few years ago.

                    ***  Which people are you referring to?   Surely "Harold and Company" hasn't allowed their devoted members to become more fully informed.....

                    .......and so the lies continue for all those die hard eckies not willing to peek around the curtain and really view the sunlight!  Last I heard the same ol threats and dogma are being spewed to it's membership, keeping them in the dark.

                    When I hear of Klump and Co. giving it's members web links to David Lane's site or Ford's or Eckankartruth etc in his Mystic News, or at his talks......   he hasn't done anything to inform his "little gold mine" of the plagiarism, lies, etc.

                    Until then, he hasn't allow the membership to become truly Informed as you claim!
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 3, 2005
                      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, m hussain <jcpshazam@y...> wrote:
                      > I found this on the eckankar spiritual excercise of the week, and I
                      thought it may be of interest.

                      Well, you thought wrong.

                      The only interesting thing about this one is that Klemp's not doing
                      his usual prayer-bashing. Sounds like he's returning to his Christian
                      roots, where it's okay for people to talk directly to God without
                      getting their Official Cult ID Card and that "connection" with the
                      Lying Eck Master of the moment.

                      You know, it always amazes me how some cult members just do NOT get it.