Re: [eckankartruth] Digest Number 1078

  • Thomas Bennett
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2005

      Hu also makes an appearance in the Egyptian "Book of the Coming Forth by Day" (The Book of the Dead).

      "I am the god Hu, the imperishable god, in my name of "Soul." I have created myself with Nu, in the name of "Khepera." I exist in them like Ra. I am the Lord of Light."

      Nu is the god of the Primordial Sea. Khepera is the god of creation who (literally or metaphorically) conveys the sun across the sky.

      Isn't it interesting that no one owns the sound, or its many representations over thousadns of years. The link below offers a little background, "The Egyptian God, Hu," by Catherine C. Harris.

      http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/hu.htm

      Writes Harris, "With each breath Hu expelled, creation took place. The first breath created the Soul of Osiris. His last creation was the Sun. So it is said that Hu is the Word of God, the first and the last breaths, Hu Hu."

      Rumi says:

      In the 60s and 70s Rumi was the venerated though obscurely published Sufi Poet. "The Essential Rumi" by Coleman Barks certainly filled a much needed demand for enrichment.

      Amazon.com in an editorial review sums the book up thus:
      "No translator could do greater justice to the gorgeous simplicity of Rumi's poetry than Coleman Barks has done here. These exquisite renderings of the 13th-century Persian mystic's words into American free verse capture all the "inner searching, the delicacy, and simple groundedness" that characterize Rumi's poetry while remaining faithful to the images, tone, and spiritual message of the originals. Barks's introductions to each of the 27 sections (described as "playful palimpsests spread over Rumi's imagination," and "meant to confuse scholars who would divide Rumi's poetry into the accepted categories") are themselves wonderful achievements of a poetic imagination; searching explanations of unfamiliar concepts and funny stories provide colorful background and frame the selections as no dry historical exegesis could."

      Well. At least there's SOMETHING we can generally agree on.  : )

      T.C.

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • l2eigh
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2005
        More relativism. Fruitcake, fruitcake, fruitcake, mirror, mirror, mirror, fruitcake, narcissist.
        You're nuts Thomas, and you're wrong. There's NOTHING we agree on - so far. For God's
        sake, how long have you been staring into that mirror of yours without taking the next
        step - detachment? i.e., e.g., 1. consciousness, 2. awareness, 3. "the mirror", 4.
        detachment? I do believe tygerpurr is right but you've got one more shot (with me,
        anyway).