she almost escaped

  • fishnik2004
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2005
      about a year back a long time friend called me with doubts about
      eckankar. i was utterly surprised to hear this particular woman
      voicing doubts, but happy for her. she said that she had an instinct
      to just dump all her eck books, and never look back. and she wanted
      my opinion.

      i had never told her that i had quit the cult. i never felt it was my
      place to influence her decisions (just as id never influenced anyone
      to become an eckist). but now she was asking for my thoughts on the
      matter.

      i tried to be very delicate, not wanting to let go full force. i did
      tell her that id managed to find and read many of twitchells source
      books, such as "path of the masters", "the secret of light", etc. i
      suggested she read these things if she had any real interest in
      pursuing such a direction. she was sincerely surprised to learn the
      extent of twitchells plagarism. (and this gal is a a 15 year eckist!)
      she tried to tell me that he had only taken the ideas from those books
      (the party line). I assured her that he had copied verbatim.

      just yesterday i phoned to discuss her exodus, and discovered that
      she had not only stayed in the cult, but doubled her commitment. she
      told me that on the very night that we had discussed twitchells
      plagarism she had a terrible inner dream experience. she had been
      confronted with a horrible terrifying void in the dream, and she had
      awakened in a panic.

      i asked her to recall the plagarism, and how did that sit with her?
      she told me that she had come to realize that she had never liked
      paul twitchells books, particularly the far country and the heavily
      plagarized ones. they were not spiritual enuff and far too mental.
      she had a preference for klemps writings and articles.

      i could not have been more startled. i go to the eck official website
      at times and read klemps articles, and let me assure u, they are
      nonsensical for the most part. i had always considered this woman to
      be reasonably bright, but she is just too far gone.

      fishnik....
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12, 2005
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "fishnik2004"
        <fishnik2004@y...> wrote:

        > about a year back a long time friend called me with doubts about
        > eckankar. i was utterly surprised to hear this particular woman
        > voicing doubts, but happy for her. she said that she had an
        instinct
        > to just dump all her eck books, and never look back. and she wanted
        > my opinion.
        >
        > i had never told her that i had quit the cult. i never felt it was
        my
        > place to influence her decisions (just as id never influenced
        anyone
        > to become an eckist). but now she was asking for my thoughts on the
        > matter.
        >
        > i tried to be very delicate, not wanting to let go full force. i
        did
        > tell her that id managed to find and read many of twitchells source
        > books, such as "path of the masters", "the secret of light", etc. i
        > suggested she read these things if she had any real interest in
        > pursuing such a direction. she was sincerely surprised to learn the
        > extent of twitchells plagarism. (and this gal is a a 15 year
        eckist!)
        > she tried to tell me that he had only taken the ideas from those
        books
        > (the party line). I assured her that he had copied verbatim.
        >
        > just yesterday i phoned to discuss her exodus, and discovered that
        > she had not only stayed in the cult, but doubled her commitment.
        she
        > told me that on the very night that we had discussed twitchells
        > plagarism she had a terrible inner dream experience. she had been
        > confronted with a horrible terrifying void in the dream, and she
        had
        > awakened in a panic.
        >
        > i asked her to recall the plagarism, and how did that sit with her?
        > she told me that she had come to realize that she had never liked
        > paul twitchells books, particularly the far country and the heavily
        > plagarized ones. they were not spiritual enuff and far too mental.
        > she had a preference for klemps writings and articles.
        >
        > i could not have been more startled. i go to the eck official
        website
        > at times and read klemps articles, and let me assure u, they are
        > nonsensical for the most part. i had always considered this woman
        > be reasonably bright, but she is just too far gone.
        >
        > fishnik....

        Klemp writes like a 6th grader.What do you expect from a guy who
        dresses and looks like an insurance salesman from Buffalo New York.

        Alf