thomas bennet

  • fishnik2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2005
      i, too, had eckish experiences prior to ever hearing about eckankar.
      saw twitchell, along with some other dramatic experiences. it was
      these very experiences which kept me involved with eckankar for a
      number of years. i had gone to many sources seeking the answer for
      these inner experiences and dreams, and found some explanation in the
      eck literature. but i found more than explanations for my personal
      mystical experiences, i found ideas and perceptions which where new
      for me - and these perceptions broadened and deepened my own views.
      i felt id found IT when i found eckankar.

      but this is what i now know, or at least, believe: when the western
      mind confronts eastern perceptions for the first time it can be
      overwhelming (in a good way). there is generally some increase and
      growth in world view, and feeling of personal growth and power. when
      the westerner finally finds the eastern, it can be intoxicating. i
      just happened to find it via eckankar. also, we have some inner
      mechanism (ill call it subconscious) which provides some degree of
      guidance in our lives. even eckankar admits that we create our own
      inner experiences (altho unconsciously). i absolutely believe that
      the eckish dreams, etc were created to take me to the eck teachings.
      there was something there for me that i might not have found
      otherwise. BUT; i was one of the lucky ones. somehow i was able to
      take some of the substantial ideas in the literature and disregard a
      great deal of the trash. when id gotten what i wanted/needed, i left
      eckankar. but some stay tangled for a lifetime.

      one thing about ford johnsons book, it does do a pretty good job of
      explainig this phenomenon.

      fishnik....