What do you think, does Hu or Harold really protect?

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2004
      Hi all,

      First of all I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas?!

      I was pondering the thought listed in the subject title a few nights ago when I received a nervous phone call from my son in Italy.  He has been there on leave, visiting friends he went to Corps school with.

      Tuesday evening my son and one of his buddies were leaving a pub located across from the Base.  A bunch of the guys went there for dinner, and to play some pool.    As my son and his friend were leaving, a guy came up from behind them and yelled something in Italian.  My son's buddy knows enough of the language to know the guy wanted their wallets.  This guy had a knife about 7 to 8 inches long....  since my son has had nothing but a rotten vacation, according to him  ;-),  his first thoughts were  "Hell NO!"    He then noticed the guy was about to attack his buddy with the knife, so my son kicked it out of this guys hand like it were a football.    The next thing he knew he was on top of the guy pounding his face.   My son's buddy who is about 6'4"  just stood there in shock.   Once he realized my son was really knocking the hell out of their attacker, he pulled my son off.   Shortly after the would be attacker was removed of his knife  ;-),  the Italian cops showed up and took statements.  They recovered the knife.....  then let my son and his buddy go back to the base.

      My son ended up with several cuts on his hand and what they call boxer breaks.   When I spoke with him I asked him what was he thinking?!    Basically he said not once did the thought of singing Hu enter his mind, and would Harold or the Eck engulf him in a blue light of protection.

      Basically those good ol human instincts of survival kicked in and he did what he only knew to do,   protect himself!     Now,  can't you just imagine some eckist in the same situation Huing, and trusting......    you know those stories you read in the Eck Journals.... the ones where some big hand came down from the sky and protected so and so from a terrible car wreck.   Or how about the one where a similar situation as my son's happened, and when the eckist turned to respond to the would be attacker,  a fearful look came over the attackers eyes as if they had seen a ghost, then turned and ran for the hills.....     so what happened?   Of course my son hasn't believed in eckanpuke for years so he didn't have any of that special protection, yet something kept him from having a worse outcome!    And what about those eckist that didn't get the protection promised by the klumpster?   Maybe it was just their karma, or some lame excuse the org would spin????

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2004
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth
        <whitefeatherliz@y...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > My son ended up with several cuts on his hand and what they call
        boxer breaks. When I spoke with him I asked him what was he
        thinking?! Basically he said not once did the thought of singing
        Hu enter his mind, and would Harold or the Eck engulf him in a blue
        light of protection.

        Has Harold EVER engulfed anyone with a blue light of protection?
        Geez, he can't even protect himself from EMF and parasites!

        > Basically those good ol human instincts of survival kicked in and
        he did what he only knew to do, protect himself! Now, can't
        you just imagine some eckist in the same situation Huing, and
        trusting...... you know those stories you read in the Eck
        Journals.... the ones where some big hand came down from the sky and
        protected so and so from a terrible car wreck. Or how about the one
        where a similar situation as my son's happened, and when the eckist
        turned to respond to the would be attacker, a fearful look came over
        the attackers eyes as if they had seen a ghost, then turned and ran
        for the hills..... so what happened? Of course my son hasn't
        believed in eckanpuke for years so he didn't have any of that special
        protection, yet something kept him from having a worse outcome!
        And what about those eckist that didn't get the protection promised
        by the klumpster? Maybe it was just their karma, or some lame
        excuse the org would spin????

        HU is probably OK when you're sitting in nice cozy satsang with all
        your eck buddies and getting an oxygen deprived rush, but it has no
        powers of divinity to change a situation like you describe.
        I think your son did the right thing and if you read about big hands
        from the sky and the Mahanta stepping in, forget it....it's all a
        bunch of hype from the Magical Mystery Bore, Eckankar.
        When it comes time to deliver some well deserved karma to an Italian
        punk with a knife, stick yer foot uppa his ass and beat the canolies
        outta him.
        Why do you think Italy is shaped like a boot?
        Because you can't fit all that shit in a shoe!!

        Alfio
      • tygerpurr
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2004
          Hi,

          I like all the pretty lights but I'm more of a Pegan type,
          which is probably more true to form, as the Christians stole all the
          "holidays" anyway after the fact. All the religious hype and church
          songs, even in grocery stores was getting on my nerves, but I managed
          to get through it all with some fun and friends.

          It's an interesting form of "New Age" guilt or just plain puritain
          religious guilt that somehow twists things up so much that someone
          actually has to write a book on why bad things happen to good people,
          even really good people. I'm sure there were probably a lot of tsunami
          victims who were just wonderful. Karmic junk won't explain that one away.

          I have had bad car accidents where I probably should have been killed.
          But the truth is, if I look back on it, I could have helped myself get
          killed by taking my hands off the steering wheel or making things
          worse somehow. Actually, once I was about to be hit head on by a
          driver trying to pass in the opposite direction. As I jerked to the
          side of the road in an attempt to control the car, it kept going over
          on two wheels, back and forth. The more I tried to control it, the
          worse it got, til finally the thought occured to me to just let go of
          the steering wheel, I kind of gave up. This caused the front wheels to
          lock
          up and the car skidded through the grass and up a slight hill to a stop.

          At the time, I was doing a lot of reading of other books, besides
          eckankar and arguing with a family member about it a lot and was even
          kind of mad at the eck master at the time for causing such a family
          rift and all these closed minded people and that I had possibly been
          duped into a cult. The only damage done, was that my lit cigarrette
          was broken in half, hanging by a piece of paper and I was still
          hanging onto it getting ready to take another drag. *G*

          I certainly wasn't singing hu or pondering on blessed thoughts of the
          eck master or mahanta!!! If anything, I just was in the moment more
          intensely and directly and more open to what was happening. I have
          also seen other trucks go through something similar, flip over and
          literally go up in flames. I wonder if they were eckist? *g* Actually,
          eckist or not, I certainly wouldn't want anyone to go through what I
          witnessed.

          I saw a program on TV about an attemnpt to assasinate Hitler that
          didn't succeed, and he supposedly took this to mean that he was meant
          to live and carry out his mission. Would they say that he was being
          protected by the Mahanta? I'm sure they have some devious explanation
          about karma or something, the double think, a ready explanation for
          every event good or bad.

          I'm glad your son made out OK. Oh "hu" has a lot of different
          pronounciations and maybe AUM is better, or HUM or whatever. It gets
          ridiculous after awhile.

          Well Happy New Year!!! I've always liked New Years eve parties better,
          just more fun, IMHO.

          Hugs

          Jak