Re: [eckankartruth] Re: Two questions ....

  • m hussain
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 5, 2004
      Who or what is a.r.e ?????----------------Reply from Sharon:You're in for a treat!!alt.religion.eckankar is a usenet newsgroup - see the "links" section here. You can read it at Google, or check out how your ISP supplies newsgroups and you can get them with Outlook Express for one of many free newsreaders like Forte "Agent".Well, it's a beautiful day, I've gotta get moving here & head out the door!Have a great weekend, everyone!Hugs,Sharon
    • heidi88_2000
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 6, 2004
        > Who or what is a.r.e ?????

        It's a message board at Google Groups. Alt.Religion.Eckankar.

        It's where Eckists, and non-Eckists do battle. It's difficult to
        read and make sense of the posts, but you can give it a try.

        At Google, click on Groups. In the Search box, type
        Religion.Eckankar. The link is at the very top of the page. From
        there, you're on your own.

        Linda B
      • Paul Olson
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 6, 2004
          Actually, ARE is a Usenet Newsgroup.....You can get to it by opening your news reader or contact your isp for the newsgroups instructions.....it is easy to read in its original format....Google is a mirror site that is a bit more complicated.

          Once your news reader is opened, you will be prompted to download a list of available newsgroups.....do so, then just type in Alt.Religion.Eckankar into the search window and then click subscribe.

          I advise using an alias email address for this group as some of the members have been a bit rambunctious and rowdy with persons who are not friendly to eckankar and some members have had difficulties with the eckankar members there who are very similar to right wing Christian abortion clinic opponents.....

          It's a fun group to read however get ready to be flamed if you post anti eck stuff.

          Sword

            It's a message board at Google Groups.  Alt.Religion.Eckankar.

            It's where Eckists, and non-Eckists do battle.  It's difficult to
            read and make sense of the posts, but you can give it a try.

            At Google, click on Groups.  In the Search box, type
            Religion.Eckankar.  The link is at the very top of the page.  From
            there, you're on your own.

            Linda B

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • m hussain
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 6, 2004
              Thanks sharon ,one final question, In one of your early posts you mention a spiritual technique youve had succes with and you said it is freely available on the internet. Would you be able to tell me what it is and or where i can learn more about it ??? Thanks.

            • Elizabeth
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 7, 2004

                Paul Olson <Paul@...> wrote:
                I advise using an alias email address for this group as some of the members have been a bit rambunctious and rowdy with persons who are not friendly to eckankar and some members have had difficulties with the eckankar members there who are very similar to right wing Christian abortion clinic opponents.....

                It's a fun group to read however get ready to be flamed if you post anti eck stuff.

                Sword

                ****   Make sure you have up to date firewall and virus protection!   I was one of those that had difficulties with the eck thugs!   I haven't learned how to be as ignorant and nasty as some of those that post there.....

                       Last year around this time I had my computer bombarded with viruses, and also got hacked into.   Cost me several hundred dollars to get my system fixed and protected.   And at the time I thought I was protected!   So be careful.   Don't reveal any personal info, because they will also harass you at your place of work, your home, and even your family members will become victims!

                Liz

              • brighttigress@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 7, 2004
                  --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, m hussain <jcpshazam@y...> wrote:
                  > Thanks sharon ,one final question, In one of your early posts you
                  mention a spiritual technique youve had succes with and you said it is
                  freely available on the internet. Would you be able to tell me what it is
                  and or where i can learn more about it ??? Thanks.

                  Hey, you know what's odd? When I popped into this one to "approve" it
                  last night, I started adding my response in "edit" mode, forget what
                  happened to distract me so I ended up "approving" your post without
                  comment because it seemed to have gotten "lost", but when I just now hit
                  "reply" the response I'd started last night showed up here! Isn't that
                  odd? Oh, well...I'm just going to let it go "as is" because I've got
                  other things to do right now!

                  > Reply from Sharon: I remember that post vaguely, but it wasn't mine!
                  In fact, I wouldn't even use the term "spiritual technique" - or
                  "success". Think about it a bit - any so-called "spiritual technique"
                  that results in total scumbags having these "ecksperiences" with guys in
                  robes, well - excuse me, but would a true "master" dictate stuff from
                  earth-published books so they could end up being re-published as "dictated
                  by masters" stuff by Paul Twitchell, and just generally lead to keeping
                  people trapped in a lying, phony new-agey cult?

                  > I've already expressed my opinion about non-physical worlds. They're no
                  more or less "spiritual" than earth. Just different.

                  > If Hitler or any scumbag sitting on death row, for example, joined the
                  cult and followed the directions they'd probably have just as much
                  "success", or even *more* than the average e-kult member, in spite of
                  their murderous ways. So - what do you think that means?

                  > If you're interested in being "spiritual", try starting out with the
                  good old 10 Commandments and the Golden Rule. Otherwise, just pick up any
                  book on astral projection & how to develop "paranormal" skills. "Success"
                  depends on the individual's brain wiring, maybe you even need something
                  "wrong" with you, like a tendency to have temporal lobe seizures or
                  something.

                  I had plenty of "experiences", pre-cult especially - never really "did"
                  anything much, they sort of just "happened".

                  I'd looked into Yogananda's "Self-Realization Fellowship" not long after I
                  left e-kult, sent for their very affordable "lessons" and they're much
                  better than e-kult's discourses! Didn't actually "do" them because, well.
                  ..I wasn't that interested, but I chatted with a lot of SRF "devotees" who
                  seemed to get much quicker and better "results" than people do with e-
                  kult's stuff - one in particular, a newbie had a totally awesome "blue
                  light sighting" the very first time they tried! (see http://www.yogananda-
                  srf.org) You might want to check it out!

                  Oh - if you'll check out the links section here, there's one for a "Soul
                  Travel" e-magazine that has a lot of material you'll probably find
                  interesting, and I'm sure there are a lot of good links at their website.
                  And try doing a websearch for "lucid dreaming".

                  Another item on that big "to do" list is to add a bunch of interesting
                  links here, I've amassed a *humungous* collection over the years but
                  haven't gotten around to doing anything with them!

                  > Have fun!
                  >
                  > Sharon
                • heidi88_2000
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 7, 2004
                    > **** Make sure you have up to date firewall and virus
                    protection! I was one of those that had difficulties with the eck
                    thugs! I haven't learned how to be as ignorant and nasty as some of
                    those that post there.....

                    > Last year around this time I had my computer bombarded with
                    viruses, and also got hacked into. Cost me several hundred dollars
                    to get my system fixed and protected. And at the time I thought I
                    was protected! So be careful. Don't reveal any personal info,
                    because they will also harass you at your place of work, your home,
                    and even your family members will become victims!

                    > Liz

                    I've only attempted to read posts there, on occasion - never
                    participated. From what I keep reading, it sounds like they can be
                    vicious. Are these Eckists on the attack? They sound like the
                    radical fringe. At least I'm hoping that it's not mainstreamers
                    doing this. Then again, that wouldn't surprise me all that much
                    either.

                    When I went there yesterday, they were arguing politics. This group,
                    and me, are tame in comparison.

                    Maybe they need to go back and re-read about the wrath of the Lords
                    of Karma. Or maybe they believe that Harold, and the Masters, are
                    taking care of them, behind the scenes. IF you do it in the name of
                    Eck, than it's all going to be okay. Is that how it goes?

                    Linda B