Re: Ex-Eckankar is not X-Eckankar

  • colleenmft
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
      Has anyone been confused by Ex or X Eckankar?

      Colleen

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "colleenmft" <colleenmft@y...>
      wrote:
      > Since one subject is regarding X-Eckankar, I'd like to make a
      > clarification: Ex-Eckankar, begun by myself 3 years ago is co-
      > moderated by Paul O. and myself. X-Eckankar is the name the
      former
      > owner chose for the fairly recent group she began.
      >
      > Colleen
    • tygerpurr
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
        That's a good point Colleen. I was not a founder of X Eckankar so
        "Jade" chose the name. I found out about your group afterwards. I
        could always change the name, if possible. But I don't know if it is.
        I can ad your site in the links. What bothers me is that "Jade" drew
        me in and others to tell their story and give personal information and
        then decided to go public. This was not my doing. Her actiions have
        not been very "therapeutic" to say the least and I have been very much
        violated by her. I think I will change the status of the group. THere
        are a lot of Eckankar and sat mat and Ramtha members etc.in the group
        and some I have no idea who they are as they never post or read or
        communicate at all. With all the carryings on and personal attacks, I
        may change it to private for a while. AS I have said before, I am just
        caught in the cross fires. She chose to give up ownership and to
        exclude herself from her own group. She could have posted at anytime
        over there and sent messages to the group owner, as she designated
        that role to me. Instead, she chose to post here and make a big drama
        over it all. I was not even in communication with her until the last
        few days of her suddenly making changes and then leaving without even
        saying anything to the group. Most of the group posts were "Jade"
        posting to herself endlessly anyway and then suddenly declaring
        ultimatums, etc. She quite often switched the group from moderated to
        unmoderated status without warning. I think the whole thing is odd
        behavior for someone who just supposedly wanted to move on and "hated"
        the detractor role. I wish her the best and hope she is OK.

        Jak

        P.S. I have also posted over there to come over to EckankarTruth and
        read the posts here.

        wrote:
        > Has anyone been confused by Ex or X Eckankar?
        >
        > Colleen
        >
        > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "colleenmft" <colleenmft@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > Since one subject is regarding X-Eckankar, I'd like to make a
        > > clarification: Ex-Eckankar, begun by myself 3 years ago is co-
        > > moderated by Paul O. and myself. X-Eckankar is the name the
        > former
        > > owner chose for the fairly recent group she began.
        > >
        > > Colleen
      • colleen
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
          Nice to get your viewpoint, Jak...

          I'm glad you found out about Ex-Eckankar.

          I have always been in favor of having more distinction
          between groups founded by former eckankar members.

          If you wish to change the name to something clearly
          different from Ex-Eckankar, I would appreciate it,
          especially since some of your members are not former
          members of eckankar.

          But it is your choice.

          Colleen

          --- tygerpurr <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> [...]
          > is OK.
          >
          > Jak
          >
          > P.S. I have also posted over there to come over to
          > EckankarTruth and
          > read the posts here.
          >

          > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "colleenmft"
          > <colleenmft@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Has anyone been confused by Ex or X Eckankar?
          > >
          > > Colleen
          > >
          > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "colleenmft"
          > <colleenmft@y...>
          > > wrote:
          > > > Since one subject is regarding X-Eckankar, I'd
          > like to make a
          > > > clarification: Ex-Eckankar, begun by myself 3
          > years ago is co-
          > > > moderated by Paul O. and myself. X-Eckankar is
          > the name the
          > > former
          > > > owner chose for the fairly recent group she

          =====
          This electronic mail transmission may contain privileged,
          confidential and/or proprietary information intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure to another person is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.
          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail