Fwd: [Panhala] BONUS TRACK: Have You Seen the Stars Tonight?

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2004
      To change the subject just a little :), I wanted to share this web site link. I receive a poem from this guy's web site group on weekday mornings. For those star gazers, hope you enjoy it.
      Liz

      Here on planet Earth, it has been a week of slaughter of the innocent -- in Russia, Israel, the occupied territories, Sudan, and Iraq (and that's the short list ... sigh).

      But there was other news too. Remarkable news. Scientists reported a new way to scan for nearby planets and have found a number of them in the galactic neighborhood. In a few years, it should be possible to locate nearby planets the size of earth. Who knows? And in a remarkable report to a scientific conference, we may now have proof that there is life beyond Earth (http://www.panspermia.org/hoover2.htm).

      The point is simple and obvious: as bad as things get in daily life, "where there is no vision, the people perish." So a bonus track about looking upward and beyond. A little science fiction rock and roll or a spiritual vision of humility and hope -- as is often the case, what the lyrics mean depends on what you take to them:

      http://www.panhala.net/Have_You_Seen_the_Stars_Tonight.html

      ~Life Affirmation~

      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
      but by the moments that take our breath away.