Twitch's Harmless Prank?

  • lemrag3
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2004
      It isn't so harmless anymore, I guess.

      http://www.lexpress.mu/display_search_result.php?news_id=25204

      Guess these folks just didn't "get it".
    • heidi88_2000
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2004
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "lemrag3" <lemrag3@h...> wrote:
        > It isn't so harmless anymore, I guess.
        >
        > http://www.lexpress.mu/display_search_result.php?news_id=25204
        >
        > Guess these folks just didn't "get it".

        I don't get it either. Only because I can't read French. I also see
        that there's another article from this site posted at Ex-Eckankar.
        Since I don't have a translator program, can you give me the gist of
        the articles. I'd like to know what the French have to say about the
        Org.

        Linda B
      • lemrag3
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2004
          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "heidi88_2000" <maxrules@c...>
          wrote:
          > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "lemrag3" <lemrag3@h...> wrote:
          > > It isn't so harmless anymore, I guess.
          > >
          > > http://www.lexpress.mu/display_search_result.php?news_id=25204
          > >
          > > Guess these folks just didn't "get it".
          >
          > I don't get it either. Only because I can't read French. I also see
          > that there's another article from this site posted at Ex-Eckankar.
          > Since I don't have a translator program, can you give me the gist of
          > the articles. I'd like to know what the French have to say about the
          > Org.
          >
          > Linda B

          I can't read Frency, either (lol)....but the gist of this is that 10
          dead bodies were discovered. They had ingested cyanide. One woman left
          behind a 14 page suicide letter, saying this was "for the eck". They
          went to be with their "master".
          There are 3 articles on the site, dealing with this gruesome finding.
          The main site had an overview in English, which I believe, is still up.

          -Charlie-
        • Sári
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2004
            here's a rough translation:

            MACABRE DISCOVERY
            Drama of St-Paul: l’enquête s’oriente towards the Eckankar sect

            The thesis according to which the sect whose seat is located at Minnesota would be with l’origine death of ten people, Friday, is considered. Numbers d’indices tend towards this track.

            Rajesh Dhayam and Crithika Mawooa carried both of
            the medallions with initials EK. <http://www.lexpress.mu/images/25204_1.jpg>
            Rajesh Dhayam and Crithika Mawooa carried both of the medallions with initials EK.
            Two medallions carrying initials EK are on the corpses of Crithika Mawooa and Rajesh Dhayam. These indices led the investigators to l’hypothèse according to which the Eckankar sect would be behind the death of ten people with Béchard Lane, St-Paul.

            Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) has on its side confirmed yesterday that the victims died in the continuation d’un poisoning with cyanide. L’express, in its edition of Saturday, had already made state of it.

            The investigators thus s’attellent to seek more details on operation and the ritual one of the Eckankar sect. They also seek to establish ḻidentity of the principal leaders. A man, suspected of d’avoir assisted on several occasions with gatherings of this sect currently undergoes a tight interrogation.

            Meanwhile, of many indices collected by the investigators on the spot of the drama tend towards the thesis of the sect. In particular the discovery, in the residence of Mawooa with St-Paul, d’une letter of Maya Jhowry, l’une of the victims, addressed to Crithika Mawooa. June, the correspondence evokes ḻadmiration and the total devotion of Maya to its “guru”.

            Many testimonys collected show moreover that Crithika evoked “ unceasingly; the spirituality and the philosophy of the vie” with members of his family. “ She frequently lost herself in interminable debates on the various religions but devoted herself to her clean interprétations”, affirm Vinod Mawooa, cousin of Crithika. It adds that the latter s’exprimait in manner “inhabituelle” and that “l’influence of which it made l’objet saw anything qu’à the way in which it s’exprimait”.

            In a letter of fourteen pages found beside its corpse, Crithika makes share of its disillusions and its extreme distress compared to its life. It mentions the names d’une ten people who would have refused to grant l’aide to him. Among the latter, breakers who would have refused to lend to him l’argent.

            According to an assumption of the investigators, the “maître of cérémonie” in the other victims qu’il was necessary ingurgiter for them l’eau would have made believe to purify their body and their heart in order to find peace and happiness. But, at the end of the ritual, the death which awaited them. Because their glasses d’eau contained a certain cyanide amount, sufficient to cause a quasi instantaneous death. The master of ceremonies would have then given himself death as it l’avait programmed with l’avance.

            Ḻautopsy, practised on Saturday, revealed that the corpse of Crithika Mawooa was in a less advanced state of decomposition than those of the other victims. What thus lets think that the latter would have died in the last.

            Police L’enquête is carried out by Criminal Investigation Division of Phoenix, directed by the superintendent of police force, Anand Ramchandar. The Major Crime Investigation TEAM (MCIT) with at its head, the superintendent of police force, Clifford Parsad s’est also joined to the investigations.

            The police force also informed the families of the victims qu’elle objects to ḻinhumation of the bodies. Reason: a new element could emerge during l’enquête. “Nous will have to thus bury Rajesh as soon as we are authorized to recover his corps”, explain Jayprakash Dhayam, brother of the victim.

            The national Corporation of transport (CNT) has on its side consigned in the course of the day d’hier a deposition to the police force. It would like to recover a vehicle of the Toyota mark belonging to its former assistant general manager, Rajesh Dhayam. This last s’était joint with the CNT last October before d’être employed like Administrative attending Mahatma Gandhi Institute (MGI).

            It had been laid off last March following unfavourable reports/ratios on its timetable. Executives of this organization had emitted criticisms concerning its competences and on l’absence of guarantee for a bank loan of more than Rs 350 000.

            The loan was used for l’achat d’une car of color metallized gray. The CNT entered an action in supreme Court to claim an order of seizure of the vehicle which remains for l’instant untraceable.

            <http://www.lexpress.mu/images/1x1grey.gif>

            IDENTIFICATION

            Herve January, the 10th cadaver

            ■ It was reported missing since November 20, 2002. And Herve January, 49 years, was finally identified yesterday as being the tenth corpse found Friday d’une of the two rooms located at the ground floor in a house with Béchard Lane, St-Paul.

            The victim resided at Flats Bhunjun, Four-Terminals. It was known in the medium of the brokers of the surroundings of the building Emmanuel Anquetil in Port-Louis. Its name was quoted within the framework of l’enquête of l’ Anti-Drug and Smuggling Links (ADSU) in l’affaire Vinay Deelchand.

            The day of its disappearance, it would have been in possession of several documents and diskettes concerning the sale of the grounds. Herve January was in addition sought by the Exchange Criminal Investigation Department for a business of trick card ḏidentity.

            <http://www.lexpress.mu/images/1x1grey.gif>

            RITES AND RITUAL

            Eckankar, classified sect “dangereuse” in France

            ■ Eckankar whose seat is located in Minnesota, in the United States, has some 50 000 followers divided in 100 countries of which Maurice. Ex-disciples tell on Internet sites that those which tried s’éloigner “du maître” lost their spiritual statute and must start again to them “journée” in the plants, the animals or mineral drinks such as l’eau, a purifying agent. Fear is such at certain people who believe to have betrayed to them “maître” suffer d’une form from depression which pushes them with the suicide. The depression can last of the years and for s’en to leave many these ex-followers had recourse to psychologists.

            As in Buddhism and ḻhindouism, the karma is a key factor for l’adepte d’Eckankar. According to detractors', the sect in the United States would have ritual rather close those to l’église of Scientology, so classified sect “dangereuse” in France.

            L’argent feeding the case of the Eckankar sect comes from the sales from cassettes, vidéos, books of meditations, inter alia.

            I don't get it either. Only because I can't read French. I also see
            that there's another article from this site posted at Ex-Eckankar.
            Since I don't have a translator program, can you give me the gist of
            the articles. I'd like to know what the French have to say about the
            Org.

            Linda B

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129rrjlb3/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1705076489:HM/EXP=1094174209/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298> click here
            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=530956552>

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • heidi88_2000
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2004
              > I can't read Frency, either (lol)....but the gist of this is that 10
              > dead bodies were discovered. They had ingested cyanide. One woman
              left
              > behind a 14 page suicide letter, saying this was "for the eck". They
              > went to be with their "master".
              > There are 3 articles on the site, dealing with this gruesome
              finding.
              > The main site had an overview in English, which I believe, is still
              up.

              > -Charlie-

              Well this can't be good for business. It really is sad, tho. I'm
              going to see if I can find the English version on the site. I'm sure
              EckCorp in MN will do what they can to keep this quiet.

              I could be wrong, but I think that France isn't as cult-friendly as
              we are here in the states. I wonder how big of an investigation
              they'll be doing. I know that Germany has banned Scientology,
              calling them evil, and all that.

              Another dark chapter in the ongoing Eck saga.

              Linda B
            • heidi88_2000
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 2, 2004
                --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sári" <sarigordon@y...> wrote:
                > here's a rough translation:

                Thanks for the translation.

                Maybe you can look further into this mess, and somehow work it into
                your article. But be forewarned - Eckankar has some attack lawyers
                just waiting to pounce on anyone who enters into their territory. Or
                so I've heard.

                BTW, how is the article going, and when do you expect it to be
                published?

                Linda B
              • brighttigress@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 2, 2004
                  Looks interesting - I can't really read it all right now, but I did a
                  "quickie" Google "translation" search, looks like I might have come up
                  with a different article.

                  Google search results include a "translate" option - what I did with this
                  one was an "advanced search", pasting part of the first paragraph of the
                  French article in the "exact phrase" field, then plugged the domain
                  address into the appropriate field.

                  I'm thinking here, when I get time it might be interested to do the
                  article on e-kult.

                  Of course, the cult will deny *all* responsibility for any part they
                  played in this, saying the victims just didn't "get it" - and there's that
                  old klempquote where he says if anyone has an "ecksperience" where he
                  tells them to drink the Koolaid - don't! It's not him.

                  That's bullshit!! And that's a big problem in the cult - it's impossible
                  for members to really "know" just about anything, on the "inner" or
                  "outer". The only standards one has for whether they're really "getting
                  it" or not is those meaningless pink slips - and even then, I'm sure I'm
                  not the only one who really wondered!

                  I think the only true standard of "success" in the cult is if you just
                  keep renewing your membership, and if you're recruiting newbies that's
                  even better, you might even get called up on stage at a seminar!! <gg>

                  Gotta run!

                • Sári
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 2, 2004
                    hey everyone--

                    i finished my article yesterday and waiting to hear back about edits
                    they may want.

                    i did a lexis/nexis search for this article (just in case youdon't know,
                    it's the biggest databse in the world of news and has every legal case
                    and public record you can legally obtain in the US) and only found those
                    two references. i thought it was in madagascar, but apparently it was in
                    mauritania, in africa, which seems to have been a fertile breeding
                    ground for eck.

                    i'm very curious about why this story hasn't been investigated more
                    deeply; maybe 10 suicides is not enough, especially with russian
                    hostages in the headlines? it could be that the bodies have been missing
                    for years; i couldn't quite get the picture. i'm still looking, though.
                    you can set up google news alert, too, if you want to be kept up to date
                    on anything.

                    in my article, i decided not to come down too hard on them, just because
                    there isn't that much proof. the sick thing is, i said so, and mentioned
                    a few loosely related suicides through the years, "but those were
                    circumstantially related."

                    and then this popped up.

                    i wonder if i should go check it out on HU-chat or a.r.e.?

                    sari

                    and yes, it's heartbreakingly sad.

[...]

                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129vu4ror/M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/
                    D=groups/S=1705076489:HM/EXP=1094261506/A=2195326/R=2/SIG=12idpdqem/*htt
                    p://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon00700677von/direct/01/&time=10941751069
                    95509>

                    <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=296572.5305651.6444487.3001176/D=group
                    s/S=:HM/A=2195326/rand=377832831>

                    _____

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Elizabeth
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 3, 2004
                      brighttigress@... wrote:

                      >Of course, the cult will deny *all* responsibility for any part they
                      played in this, saying the victims just didn't "get it" - and there's that
                      old klempquote where he says if anyone has an "ecksperience" where he
                      tells them to drink the Koolaid - don't! It's not him.

                      *** Has everyone already forgotten Harold's World Wide Mental melt down last year.... and how he discussed suicide and his thoughts on this subject at his Saturday night talk??? From what I recall he wasn't as "against" it, which is contrary to his past threats of returning within 30 days to do it all over again..... I know several of us ex-eckies listened to the talk he gave, via the net. Can anyone find the archived messages concerning this topic over at ex-eckankar or even here? I'm pretty sure those of us that did listen in gave a pretty accurate account of the talk.

                      >That's bullshit!! And that's a big problem in the cult - it's impossible
                      for members to really "know" just about anything, on the "inner" or
                      "outer". The only standards one has for whether they're really "getting
                      it" or not is those meaningless pink slips - and even then, I'm sure I'm
                      not the only one who really wondered!

                      *** I've been out of the cult now for a year, and every time someone brings up even the simplest thing such as pink slips, I wonder what the hell was wrong with my head to put sooo much into this path?

                      Wednesday morning I had to take my husband into the ER. He was doubled over in severe abdominal pain... it was day two of this horrible pain! He spent 2 hours in ER just waiting to be seen. The Doc looked him over, took blood, and x-rays and set up emergency surgery for an appendectomy. We waited and waited, til 4 pm that afternoon (7 hours) for the surgeon to show up... I won't go into the details of all the mistakes that followed...... but during all those hours of waiting for answers and something to be done, not once did I call on the Mahanta, or the Eck! Not once did I become fearful of what "this was all about" what fucking spiritual lesson was in this experience!? I spent all those hours very calmly waiting, and asking questions, and just listening to logic within my own head!!!

                      It was that logic, and awareness that prevented my husband from having a surgery he didn't need! It was that clear thinking logic that wouldn't allow the nurse to take him to surgery without hearing what was going on from the doctor.... they had done a CT scan, and never gave us a report of what they saw. I kept insisting it was not what they thought it was, based on his symptoms, and his family history. I recommended he might have diverticulitis since his pain was on the left rather than on the right side of the abdomen.

                      Sadly in the past I would not have been as involved in my husbands care.... I would have given it all over to the Mahanta and the Eck and tried to figure out the lesson in the waking dream message. I would have trusted the Eck completely! The cultbot eckist that are reading this will say the kal is giving me these false intuitive answers just to keep me in the lower worlds.... I've turned to the dark side LOL, and will be taken care of by the kal with his false guidance, happiness, riches etc... ;-)

                      This talk about eckist committing suicide for the eck doesn't surprise me! It actually happens more than you read or hear about. Several years ago I was introduced by my sister to a young man from her area... seemed like a very nice, balanced devoted young eck man. Two weeks later she calls to tell me he was found dead in his apartment. I said what the hell happened. She said he was a very healthy guy, and there was no known reason for his death by natural causes.... well no kidding! Turns out he took his own life. And of course the Org does not take responsibility for these sorts of incidents! Would any org, business etc??? of course not, then they would be paying out the nose! So, they make it someone Else's problem.... the guy was unbalanced and not because of their teachings, he must have had some mental issues.... hence the reason Harold started telling ESA's to refer people to "doctors" in the appropriate fields, rather than council them spiritually. Although I
                      fear many ESA's never had the real abilities to "see" when someone needed real outside help.... directing them to turn everything over to the eck, or figured because they were an ESA they had some special powers as a vehicle for the eck and the mahanta and could give them the proper guidance. I wonder how many eckist were paying attention when Harold spoke about suicide and his own thoughts of doing it at last years WW....

                      ~Life Affirmation~

                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
                      but by the moments that take our breath away.

                    • maya2846@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 3, 2004
                        Good Morning

                        Tried to read and pick through the article -- getting the general
                        jest but details are a haze.

                        One of the most distrubing things about this is SILENCE. It is the
                        bane of the organization. And it is not the only organization that
                        derails any facts with silence --one doesn't want to energize the
                        negative......

                        I have come to the conclusion that the ability to disconnect and to
                        assign 'Mahantaship', Saviors, etc. is part of our humanity. The
                        part that negates our individual responsibility for our own actions
                        and behaviors. During the rise of Hitler, individuals who escaped
                        some of the camps told their tales. And they were not believed.
                        Denial is a river that does run long and deep within our human
                        psyche.

                        Sari -- let us know if your article gets published and then where
                        we can find it. Did you ever write or contact Brad Steiger?

                        Until Later

                        Love * Laugh, Live Life in the Moment.

                        Maya