Appointed

  • garland_peck
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2004
      Would any of you accept the position of " NEXT " living Eck Master
      if you were advised that you had been thus appointed. Or the leader
      of any other religion group, including Ford's
    • brupheus
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2004
        Hi Garland!

        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "garland_peck"
        <garland_peck@y...> wrote:

        > Would any of you accept the position of " NEXT " living Eck Master
        > if you were advised that you had been thus appointed. Or the
        leader
        > of any other religion group, including Ford's

        Not "any other", but I'd saddle up eckankar in a heartbeat. Of
        course (LMAO) who would appoint someone to that (an inner voice?,
        Harry?) As far as Ford's thing - who'd want to be the leader of a
        religion who's premise is "We are a religion because we left that
        religion and that religion isn't a religion really but we are and we
        aren't because it's just a path"??? <grin>

        First thing I'd do as the next LEM (if you want to vote for me) is
        release all the emotional prisoners. Once they were released, I'd
        hit the road with the eck-show not unlike the Darwin days. I'd
        probably invite Darwin back, give everyone a bonus initiation just
        for sticking through the Dark Night of Harry.

        I'd punish eckists for being repressive, oppressive and fear-
        mongering by making them read 10 of Harry's books in a row, doing a
        book report on each then making them watch me shred the books and
        the book reports without reading them.

        I'd turn eckankar into a for profit ogranization and start partying
        (seminaring) in every decent sized city in the US (for profit).

        I'd give eckists initiation points for keeping their sense of humor,
        never taking any of their "selves" too seriously and improving the
        life of at least one other person in a demonstratable way.

        I'd turn one of the temples (maybe) into my house and encourage each
        eckist to love and live as regally as I do. Scratch that - I'd have
        one of the temples moved to a beach in South Texas then I'd live in
        it.

        With some of the profit, I would start developing schools for eck
        children (genius farms). Give the next generation a chance to
        function in the real world with some real tools.

        I would deconstruct the christian ideas of marriage and encourage my
        flock to develop relationships with themeselves and each other
        without the relationship becoming about ownership or control or the
        power over another. I might even outlaw marriage.

        I would require arahatas to demonstrate that being in any given
        religion doesn't make you "special". That most people have religion
        as a common ground even if their respective religions are
        different. I would further include that what does make
        you "special" is that you are awake, functioning, healing,
        contributing and enjoying your life and perhaps the lives of others.

        I'd start Dark Night Recovery programs for eckists and x-eckists
        who's lives were trampled upon by fundamentalist-eckankar.

        I'd inspire Michael Moore to make a movie about modern day eckankar.

        And I'd start a mastership program whereby eckists and non-eckists
        can become masters by truly realizing that religion cannot contain
        or describe or understand or sell god. And that being an eckist
        really is just another choice, not a requirement or ONLY WAY type
        thing.

        Just in case that's TMI ;) Sorry.

        Sri Skardicus (if you vote for me in 2004)
      • Paul Olson
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2004
          Depends on how much money they are talking! :-) Also if I could get paid about 10 years in advance and have publishing rights to put out anything I wanted to write! :-)

          Sword
          Would any of you accept the position of " NEXT " living Eck Master
          if you were advised that you had been thus appointed. Or the leader
          of any other religion group, including Ford's

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor