Re: Waking Up to Another Cult? -- Ford's?

  • colleenmft
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 30, 2004
      Hi Al...

      You said, "What can the person do who is empty with his/her
      traditional path
      besides falling for these snake oil salesmen?"

      My answer to this, simply stated, is that after enough suffering
      from being conned, one "wakes up", develops healthy, habitual ways
      of taking care of oneself and learns the all-too-common tactics of
      manipulation and deceit from leader and/or group. It doesn't hurt to
      recognize the power within.

      Colleen

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@y...>

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 8, 2004
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "colleenmft" <colleenmft@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Al...
        >
        > You said, "What can the person do who is empty with his/her
        > traditional path
        > besides falling for these snake oil salesmen?"
        >
        > My answer to this, simply stated, is that after enough suffering
        > from being conned, one "wakes up", develops healthy, habitual ways
        > of taking care of oneself and learns the all-too-common tactics of
        > manipulation and deceit from leader and/or group. It doesn't hurt
        > recognize the power within.

        Well, Colleen, that hits the nail on the head! I've never been one to
        deny my powers, outward or inward. That's probably why my huge ego
        never allowed me to fall for Eckankar (long enough to screw me up).
        I tried things of course, but always came down to what I wanted and
        whether I was getting what I needed. This is not selfish either.I can
        be the most generous person on Earth....as long as I think you
        deserve it. My friendship is hard to apply for but once you are in,
        everything I own is yours...<GG>

        Alf

      • brighttigress@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 12, 2004
          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, al_radzik <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "colleenmft" <colleenmft@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hi Al...
          > >
          > > You said, "What can the person do who is empty with his/her
          > > traditional path
          > > besides falling for these snake oil salesmen?"
          > >
          > > My answer to this, simply stated, is that after enough suffering
          > > from being conned, one "wakes up", develops healthy, habitual ways
          > > of taking care of oneself and learns the all-too-common tactics of
          > > manipulation and deceit from leader and/or group. It doesn't hurt
          > > recognize the power within.
          >
          > Well, Colleen, that hits the nail on the head! I've never been one to
          > deny my powers, outward or inward. That's probably why my huge ego
          > never allowed me to fall for Eckankar (long enough to screw me up).
          > I tried things of course, but always came down to what I wanted and
          > whether I was getting what I needed. This is not selfish either.I can
          > be the most generous person on Earth....as long as I think you
          > deserve it. My friendship is hard to apply for but once you are in,
          > everything I own is yours...<GG>
          >
          > Alf

          Really? I'll call you next winter and tell you where to deliver your new snowblower. <gg> Also - please don't neuter the next addition to your dog collection until we mate it with David & Laurie's little mutt! In dog years, her biological clock is ticking! She's so desperate she's started humping the cats.

          Wait a minute, here - is there any possibility of reversing Dandy's vasectomy?

          I still regret that I didn't hold Dusty's hind end up enough for Noodle to reach it, not long before he died. I just remembered - Noo's mom was 11 years old when she had him, and it was her first litter! So Dusty's still got plenty of time!

          Anyway, I've been off the internet for almost a week because it looks like I've been hacked. No time to pursue it really, since we also had a death in the family - a time for rejoicing, actually, since our loved one was suffering and has also been sort of torn between "coming and going" these past few years, because of all the dear loved ones who had already gone on to the next life. But it's pretty hectic.

          Well...I've got a lot to catch up on, so I've gotta run.

          Actually, it's been *very* nice to be *really* "away from it all" <gg> - and wouldn't you think the eckthugs would give up? One of these days it'll become possible to track hackers and then we'll get 'em! It's just too bad they believe their dirty tricks are actually helping Suggie's cause. I can see them in court - "Well, your honor, I did it in the name of The Mahanta..." after a guy in a maroon robe walked into my bedroom one night...

          Bye for now!

          Hugs,

          me.