Re: [eckankartruth] For JM, voice of hu

  • Karen Hunter
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 15, 2004
      I had always wondered about those secret words, esp. since I felt mine never did anything for me...didn't know until now that they came out of an initiator's book!!!!!!!!!!!...what a scam Eckankar is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is with these HIs who perpetuate the lies?? Rhetorical ? with no true answer, I guess...

      karen

      ~ E ~ <whitefeatherliz@...> wrote:
      Hi Voice of Hu, aka JM, (won't use your real name.)
      There isn't a lot to add to what everyone has shared here, other than I am sooo glad to see you posting here! I have thought about you often! Remember me, your soul sister Elizabeth, also known from my hu-chat days.... and our private chats.
      I did respond to some of your current post listed below:

      <snipped>

      >I received my pink slip so I had to have a trip to abroad for
      receive my outer incitations you don't know how much troubles
      and much negative energy was with my pink slip ...

      *** Jm I recall that you are a very intuitive loving person. And for you to be aware that this pink slip contained negative energy is a sure indication of this awareness you have. You were picking up on the untruth about how these secret words are "gotten on the inner" by the HI, when in fact they are listed in the initiators booklet. Your secret word wasn't so secret after all....

      >when I reached to my destination and I met with a Mahdis I really
      expectation met with a holy man ..
      instead of it I faced with a
      flirty
      man that couldnt; feeling any kinds of spiritual vibration form him
      at all!!!

      *** I'm very sorry you experienced this JM!!! I know that coming from your country, (which can be very dangerous in fact) to come in contact with such a person is very sad! But, it does not surprise me. And like most Orgs, they will sweep it under a rug... make excuses, and tell you to keep quiet and not tell anyone.... it is called abuse of power! This person has most likely been doing this to women for a very long time. And really should be reported to others besides ESC!

      >that secret word was really negative for me and wasn't suitable for
      me

      *** Because it isn't a secret word! And to understand how an initiator gets these secret words; no wonder you felt ill!

      >I had a discussion with Shams-E-Tabriz ..he told to my soul :"please
      leave them. they are coward come on toward us "!!!
      it was amazing for me that how Shams talked about them !!!and yet
      they know
      Shams as one of THEIR masters !!! :)

      *** I have been reading some of Shams work with different eyes. Amazing to find out along with many other realizations, that he is not an Eck Master! LOL, you have to understand a little history about me, and I'm sure you recall, I joined Eck when I was 13. Was a member for 30 years, before I finally left!!! It has been 10 months since taking that independent step into real freedom.

      JM, if you still do your spiritual exercises on that mountain top you have frequently spoken about. That is your real place to connect to "your higher self".... No need for any spacial words, or initiations! Just an open loving heart, and a desire to connect with source. You can do that right where you are in your own country, in your heart you know this, and have been doing it all along!

      >so I felt that my soul come out from
      a real "soul jail "
      then i could regain my calmness when I udnerstand that in fact I
      released from
      the names and labels ...

      *** This is a wonderful way to describe your new awareness into freedom! I feel the same way. :-)

      >yes I dearly appreciate from the Eckanakr for helped me to see the
      truth :)
      and opened my eyes to truth and to that freedom lies beyond the
      Eckanakr or
      any kinds of religions and names :)

      *** I hope Sharon will allow this part of my post to go through :-)... JM, if you would like to connect with some of your "old friends", I started a group in November, which is getting a face lift so to speak. You are most welcome to join us. Many of your dear friends you have spoken to on hu-chat and privately, belong to this group. If you are interested you can check us out at:

      Or join the group at:

      LetYourSpiritSoar-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Or you can private e-mail me for info at:

      whitefeatherliz@...

      Wishing you the best my sister/friend!

      Love and Hugs,

      Elizabeth

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Karen HunterThe Natural OrderGardening is an instrument of grace--May Sarton

    • voiceofhu
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 15, 2004
        Dear Elizabeth ,
        I'm really wonder TO meet you here!!! I can't believe !
        you made me very surprised!!! how is possible? you were an old
        eckists
        and a great HI that I knew in ECK ..IN fact during last days
        just I'm in a huge wonder because I can see many of my old Eckists
        friends
        in this group and other spiritual groups..so what happened for you
        guys?!!
        how many of you left the Eckankar during last months?!!!
        it must be hard for you because even for me that I have been only 4
        years in ECK
        leave that path was hard and yet sometimes I 'm thoughtful that if I
        did right action?!
        but my heart dosen't want come back ...at all ..so I respect to my
        heart :)
        wow it must be a big storm that Eckankar involve with it during last
        months
        and I'm not wonder it could be foresee very well ...
        anyway everybody and everythings in this wolrd is in own right place
        just I'm wonder and so glad that meet with most of my best lovely
        friends that I had
        in Eckankar groups ..here :)
        dear Elizabeth I really enjoyed from your post here and yet I'm in
        wonder..
        thank you very much for invited me for join to your group I accept
        it ..
        specialy some of my old friends are there too :)

        with much love :JM

        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, ~ E ~ <whitefeatherliz@y...>

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 16, 2004
          voiceofhu <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Dear Elizabeth ,
          >I'm really wonder TO meet you here!!! I can't believe !
          you made me very surprised!!! how is possible? you were an old
          eckists
          and a great HI that I knew in ECK .

          *** Well, it is called needing to be honest, allowing my true self to recognize untruths, and letting go of the illusion that there would be more integrity and honesty within the Org. than what I was seeing over the years. Eckankar changed some of the guidelines in past years for who and how an H.I. is appointed as an Initiator, and ESA. They don't just give a person that job until they have been a clergy for several years. They need more time to brainwash them, so they will follow like a sheep.... When I first received my initiators booklet, I read it from cover to cover, looking for something real "Spiritual", and basically all I got was doubts about this whole process called initiations. The secret words are listed in the book, although they claim they are only there to help guide the H.I., if they don't get a word on the inner. Okay, well after awhile, and years of doing these initiations, some H.I.'s can pretend to be getting secret words on the inner..... funny thing
          about this; after I received my second, I realized I didn't want the initiator giving me my word. After the second, the person receiving the initiation is instructed to go into contemplation for their word during the ceremony. But if for some reason, a word is not forthcoming, they well help you along.... when I took my 3rd and 4th and after the contemplation section, was asked if I received my word. Even if I didn't I told them yes, just so that I could go home and research to discover my own. Why have so many H.I.'s left the path? Well, the Org will call it "shaking the tree to get rid of those bad apples" LOL, but the fact is, to some of us truth and integrity are more important than power trips!

          One other thing I would like to mention for some of those that don't get to comment here on some of the postings; ;-)

          I have recently been labeled living my life like a "psychic holier than thou" what ever? And that I was spinning all sorts of witchery magic spells or exercises while I was an eckist.... fact of the matter is, those spiritual exercises were in fact directed by ESC, and their RESA structure! The were given to the H.I.'s to go back to the local areas and share with the membership. Back then they were acceptable and called the ECK. Now they are being called witch craft or psychic now that this H.I. is no longer one of their members! :-P

          >how many of you left the Eckankar during last months?!!!
          it must be hard for you because even for me that I have been only 4
          years in ECK
          leave that path was hard and yet sometimes I 'm thoughtful that if I
          did right action?!

          *** I left 10 months ago. And yes I had some second thoughts at first. It is sort of like when you turn 18 and supposedly become an adult... it is kind of scary at first going out into the world alone! But deep down inside I knew I was a strong individual, and just needed some time to get to know "me" again.

          Similar to this poem:

          Love after Love

          The time will come
          when, with elation,
          you will greet yourself arriving
          at your own door, in your own mirror,
          and each will smile at the other�s welcome,

          and say, sit here. Eat.
          You will love again the stranger who was your self.
          Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
          to itself, to the stranger who has loved you

          all your life, whom you ignored
          for another, who knows you by heart.
          Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,

          the photographs, the desperate notes,
          peel your own image from the mirror.
          Sit. Feast on your life.

          ~ Derek Walcott ~

          (Sea Grapes, 1976)

          http://www.panhala.net/Archive/Love_after_Love.html

          >but my heart doesn't want come back ...at all ..so I respect to my
          heart :)

          *** JM this is the perfect answer! Respect and listen to your heart!

          >anyway everybody and everything is in this world is in own right place

          *** Very well said. And with each person, they are experiencing exactly what they need for their own growth. So, why not allow people to just be... :)

          Love and Hugs to you JM!

          Elizabeth

        • brighttigress@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 22, 2004
            Hi JM -

            Welcome! It's especially nice to see that someone from your country
            was able to acess the information that helps one to get out of the
            cult. Right now I don't remember all the little details of your
            people get "inner messages" and little "experiences", or just
            "feelings" that seem to be warning us to either stay out or get out.

            Even though you were a member for "only" four years, often those early
            years are *very* intense and we're so entranced by it all that it may
            well be even *more* difficult to leave than it is for the long-timers,
            who often have been questioning for a long time, but they've sort of
            gotten into an "eckrut" and it's become such a major part of their
            lives they can't imagine life without it - so for some, it's not as
            intensely emotional as it is for some "newbie" members.

            Geez - am I making any sense here?

            Anyway, I won't mention your country publicly since you may not want
            that - I looked it up in our membership list here. I've corresponded
            with two young men from your country - one is a very busy grad student
            here in the US, who was almost recruited by a very pushy Christian
            cult when he came here but thanks to the internet, he found out that
            it was a cult. And in the process, learned the truth about eckankar,
            too - he was concerned because he had some eckist friends, and wanted
            to help them wake up & get out.

            The other cyberfriend from your country was just sort of looking
            around for information, and wasn't a member yet. We've been writing
            for way over a year, maybe even two or three, but it's a bit difficult
            because his English isn't that great, and he has limited internet
            access. Anyway, mostly we "chat" just about life in general, and the
            differences in our cultures - for example, like most young men
            everywhere, one of his main interests in life is....young women! <gg>
            He seems fascinated with American dating/mating customs - and even
            though we discussed it a lot, I was still surprised very recently when
            I commented that maybe he'd meet a nice girl at his new job - and he
            replied that it doesn't work that way in your country, where you still
            have "arranged" marriages. Actually, I think your way may work out
            better than ours, considering the American divorce rate - but I was
            still surprised when he told me that wouldn't happen, because your
            country's workplace "customs" are so different from America's,
            evidently. In America, people often "hook up" at their jobs.

            Well...I'm rambling here, but one thing I often think about since I
            left the cult & have been speaking out about it, is....how does
            joining or leaving e-cult "work" in other countries, in the context of
            different customs?

            For example, Klemp often holds up African chelas as excellent examples
            - and the way the cult talks, eckankar is really taking over some
            African countries. I remember one eckstory about a seminar where
            something like 10,000 people crammed into a convention center with the
            capacity for less than half that number. Although I was a true-blue
            eckie at the time, I still felt that perhaps Klemp was exaggerating a
            bit.

            I've heard privately from several Africans who woke up and got out -
            and the stories are basically the same ones Americans tell. For
            example, horrible abuses by HIs.

            Well...I'd find it interesting if anyone from other countries,
            especially those with a very different culture & customs, had any
            comments which might be helpful for my understanding of how culture &
            customs influence people's thinking, and any insights as to how both
            joining and/or leaving might be "different" elsewhere.

            I'm glad to see that you're meeting former eckfriends here on the
            "other side"! <gg> I left in 1998, and still feel a bit sad about
            some of the dear people I was close to. On the other hand, there are
            quite a few who showed their true ugly colors as soon as I left! A
            few old eckfriends have since left the cult, which always came as a
            pleasant surprise!

            Just one thought here - especially since Ford Johnson's doing what
            he's doing - don't be afraid to challenge (and dump!) just about
            anything and everything you've "believed in" up until now. I say that
            because basically, that's what *I* did and it's been wonderful and
            more rewarding than I could have imagined! But, I've also seen that,
            especially at first, some people on leaving like to continue basically
            doing & thinking & believing the same basic stuff they had in e-kult.
            It's often more "comfy" that way, and that's understandable. But I
            personally like a bit more "excitement" in my life, and I've found
            that starting from the point that I know *nothing* and the next day I
            know even *less* is actually very rewarding! Just remembered, this
            has been discussed here before - another exie commented on how great
            it is to be free of the burden of "knowing"!

            I'm thinking again to what you wrote, about the "signs" you were
            getting - and my own back when I first joined. Actually, I kept
            getting them the whole time I was a member - but I stifled my "doubts"
            and "questions" and fought my true "inner voice" - which I've actually
            always sort of thought of as my "guardian angel", and as an eckist
            identified as the "mahanta". Now, it's still there - but I don't
            necessarily listen, or trust "it", whatever the heck "it" is. Heck,
            I'm not even necessarily sure who or what *I* am!! <gg>

            That's another "nasty" thing I've realized about the cult - although
            it talks about how we are "Soul" - which to me, means a "wholeness"
            about ourselves, actually what the cult does is split and separate us
            from our "whole" Self, whatever the heck *that* is! It "teaches" all
            that nonsense about "higher" and "lower", and our various bodies -
            most of which are NOT good and according to the cult, prevent us from
            knowing and seeing ourSelves as "Soul" - but if you look at it closely
            and really *think* about it (and thinking is NOT a bad thing!!!), what
            they call "Soul" is actually a totally brainwashed and controlled
            eckanborg cultpuppy creature that is NOT our "true" selves.

            Am I making any sense? Probably not!! My mind's elsewhere - right
            now, focused on other things, especially the wonderful thunderstorm
            that I hope ends before noon!!

            Anyway - once again, welcome! To you and all the other "newbies"!!
            It may be a bit rough & confusing at first, but believe me, freedom
            from the cult is absolutely *wonderful*!!

            And....thanks to everyone else who's posting here while I'm on
            "vacation"! You know, since I've got all my eckangarbage out of
            storage, I think I'm going to take a bit of time to dig out some stuff
            I haven't made public before, which I think people are going to find
            quite interesting!

            Gotta run....have a great day, everyone!

          • voiceofhu
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 22, 2004
              Thank you dear Sharon :)...

              and thank you dear Jade this is a great post I agree with you
              totally :)

              with Love :JM

              --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, incensestiks <no_reply@y...>