Spirit has Landed

  • Paul Olson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2004
      Hi Folks,

      The Nasa Rover "Spirit" has just landed on Mars. Details on NASA TV (Cox cable channel 95) or web links. First signals from the Martian surface seem good. Video images expected by 3AM CST today.

      After the disappointment of the European Mars Express, "Beagle 2" lander last week, this is fantastic news and a real leap for American Space technology!

      I can't wait to see the images. This mission is also in a location where water may have existed several hundred thousand years ago...and this rover has the tools to test for this!

      Nasa people compare this accomplishment with hitting a hole in one from Paris to Tokyo. Remember that our Apollo missions were to a distance of almost 300,000 miles.....Well, this Mission is to a distance of 380,000,000 Million miles!

      Congratulations to NASA and the Spirit Team!

      Paul Olson,
      Member - Tucson Amateur Astronomy Association
      Mailto: Paul@...
      Website: http://StarPaul.com/Space.html

      Paul C. Olson,
      GRI, ABR, EPRO, AHWD
      Designated Broker - Vantage Point Realty - Tucson, AZ
      Master of Real Estate Society
      Elected Director - Tucson MLS
      520-791-2965
      Mailto:Paul@...
      http://VantagePointRealty.com

      Serving Your Residential Real Estate Needs
      Equal Opportunity Housing