Re: Cher Gruendeman

  • tomleafeater@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      Sharon,

      In my own experience in eckankar, having been, over many years, an initiator,
      resa board member, area director, etc., and having seen many directives to
      the leadership from the desk of Harold which have addressed various issues, I
      have no doubt whatsoever that if Harold wanted to "clean up" a.r.e., it would
      have been done long ago with ease. Despite the claims of being "independent"
      voices by Cher and the other H.I.'s on a.r.e., how eckankar is presented on
      the Internet would be regulated with all sorts of guidelines from MN.
      Eckankar has guidelines on just about everything when it comes to any sort of
      media exposure, and it has no qualms at all about enforcing policy when it
      wants to, or making new policy when necessary. Folks at the org's office in
      MN have become upset over far less important matters than a.r.e. over the
      years. They will meddle in the most trivial affairs that transpire in the
      smallest backwater towns if it suits them. So does anyone think they would
      turn a blind eye to the Internet, which gives the org international exposure?
      Ha! I am sure Harold is keenly aware of the goings on at a.r.e., and he must
      condone it, or he would have sent out a policy memo on "appropriate Internet
      conduct" years ago. Even if he has done this, word from on high could exempt
      certain H.I.'s from such policies. In any case, if these folks on a.r.e. are
      card carrying members, and are high initiates in the org, they wouldn't be
      doing what they do there if it weren't fully sanctioned by Harold. The org
      has it's ways of handling the "troublesome" ones.

      Hey, this is the first time I've ever posted here. Hi, y'all.

      -Leafeater

    • tarryrob@yahoo.ca
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        Hi Tom:

        Welcome aboard, Tom! Your comments here and at ARE are appreciated.
        I agree with you 100% that HK must sign off on the eck cleries' ARE
        gestapo tactics either overtly or covertly - without question!

        tarryrob

      • seraphim279@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          --- In eckankartruth@y..., tarryrob@y... wrote:
          > Hi Tom:
          >

          > Welcome aboard, Tom! Your comments here and at ARE are
          appreciated.
          > I agree with you 100% that HK must sign off on the eck cleries' ARE
          > gestapo tactics either overtly or covertly - without question!

          ...and Larry swaggers in unkempt but heroically masculine... :D

          Howdy Tarryrob and Welcome Tom!
          Geez.... I hadn't really thought about eckancult cranking out
          internet guidelines.... it kinda' seems to me that would be hard
          to manage and explain to newcomers.... if indeed there are any
          more newcomers...
          What would the guidelines be? Is it true, is it necessary, is it
          kind? .... Think... what would the master do? Ahhhhhh.... strip
          off naked at an airport before making important replies....
          Send the detraction note to your friendly local RESA with your
          reply for approval or editing or complete rejection.....
          WOW... the guidelines would be intense and radical!
          -Larry
        • tarryrob@yahoo.ca
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
            Hi Larry!

            Nice to see ya back posting after your short sabbatical. You said:

            > Geez.... I hadn't really thought about eckancult cranking out
            > internet guidelines.... it kinda' seems to me that would be hard
            > to manage and explain to newcomers....

            As in everything else at e-cult, they have their *public* and
            *general membership* guidelines, and their "inner circle* guidelines.
            As a former eck newsletter editor and having mediated eck
            presentations on community service tv, I can tell ya ANYTHING to do
            do with Eck and the media (tv, radio, newspapers..) whether issued
            from local centre or from MN, has a ton of guidelines attached. You
            can bet your service medals the internet is no exception! But those
            guidelines will be issued on a "need to know" basis!

            if indeed there are any
            > more newcomers...

            A BIG Amen to that, Larry!

            > What would the guidelines be? Is it true, is it necessary, is it
            > kind? .... Think... what would the master do? Ahhhhhh.... strip
            > off naked at an airport before making important replies....

            HA! No more nakie romps for HK these days.....he's to scared and ill
            to stick his big toe out the front door! He sits a home a la Howard
            Hughs, feigning innocence, eating ice cream, growing his toe nails,
            and lets the eck thugs do his dirty work for him. I can just picture
            him sitting there starkers contemplating that most ancient and holy
            eck creed "there's a sucker born every minute!" chanting "Huuuuuu's
            next?" <ggg>

            have a great one

            tarryrob
          • tomleafeater
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 28, 2006
              --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, tomleafeater@... wrote:

              > Sharon,
              >
              > In my own experience in eckankar, having been, over many
              years, an initiator,
              > resa board member, area director, etc., and having seen many
              directives to
              > the leadership from the desk of Harold which have addressed
              various issues, I
              > have no doubt whatsoever that if Harold wanted to "clean up"
              a.r.e., it would
              > have been done long ago with ease. Despite the claims of
              being "independent"
              > voices by Cher and the other H.I.'s on a.r.e., how eckankar is
              presented on
              > the Internet would be regulated with all sorts of guidelines from
              MN.
              > Eckankar has guidelines on just about everything when it
              comes to any sort of
              > media exposure, and it has no qualms at all about enforcing
              policy when it
              > wants to, or making new policy when necessary. Folks at the
              org's office in
              > MN have become upset over far less important matters than
              a.r.e. over the
              > years. They will meddle in the most trivial affairs that transpire
              in the
              > smallest backwater towns if it suits them. So does anyone
              think they would
              > turn a blind eye to the Internet, which gives the org international
              exposure?
              > Ha! I am sure Harold is keenly aware of the goings on at a.r.e.,
              and he must
              > condone it, or he would have sent out a policy memo on
              "appropriate Internet
              > conduct" years ago. Even if he has done this, word from on
              high could exempt
              > certain H.I.'s from such policies. In any case, if these folks on
              a.r.e. are
              > card carrying members, and are high initiates in the org, they
              wouldn't be
              > doing what they do there if it weren't fully sanctioned by Harold.
              The org
              > has it's ways of handling the "troublesome" ones.
              >
              > Hey, this is the first time I've ever posted here. Hi, y'all.
              >
              > -Leafeater

              Ooh, boy, I have to laugh at this old post a bit...(while holding my
              head in my hands an shaking it). I was checking the archives for
              the fun of it, and went way back...found this quite by chance as I
              scrolled through. This was my first post here. Some things never
              change.

              Well, then again...

              Leafing