following gurus

  • fishnik2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
      in order for an individual to go terribly awry, isolation from the
      group (at the least, psychological isolation) is required. but here
      is a delimma: in order for an individual to go terribly right (to
      evolve in consciousness), isolation from the group, at least
      psychological isolation, is required. the group maintains the norm,
      and this is a boon to those who would be inclined to be destructive
      otherwise. but it is a hindrance to those with the capacity to move
      beyond the status quo in current perceptions.

      and herein lies the problem with gurus. at least one of the
      problems. is he the saint, or the criminal? novices (as are most
      americans) looking into the spiritual life, do not have the
      necessary experience and discernment.

      fishnik
    • Benjamin R. Douglass
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
        It is my humble opinion that any kind of mature spirituality today
        will openly reject "gurudom" as the useless, and primitive
        anachronism that it has become. Gurus belong to the past history of
        human culture, let's keep it there. mr_bendouglass

        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "fishnik2003"