Re: urantia book

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2003
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "JerryC" <JerryC@a...> wrote:

      > Sandra does this include PT books?

      <giggle> Why would a former member want to read old cult books?
      Anything "good" in them has been perverted and corrupted.

      A few tiny drops of cyanide poison the whole pitcher.

      Heck, if I were stranded on a desert island with nothing but eckbooks,
      as much as I love to read, the only thing I'd use them for is toilet
      paper.

      <fishnik2003@y...> wrote:

      > > can anyone say anything about the urantia book. is it worth a
      read?

      > > will appreciate any comments. thanks. fishnik

      A few years ago I read a lot on the internet about its contents, and
      found it quite interesting - another fun possibility! Recently got a
      used copy because I'd really like to look into it more, but it's over
      2,000 pages. We had a "Urantian" here for awhile but I don't think he
      really posted a lot about it - you can try a search for "urantia" but
      I've never gotten good results from the search function here.

      One thing I found *very* interesting were that the being/beings who
      "channeled" this don't claim to be all-knowing "masters" - I don't
      remember exactly, though.

      Sandra wrote:

      > My two cents..read anything, everything have fun with it. If it
      doesnt 'sit' right with you, discard. No one book has the absolute
      truth (not that I've found).

      > Currently I am reading a site called 'Wingmakers', is it true?
      Probably not, but it does make me wonder possibilities, besides the
      art work Is interesting.

      > Have fun with what ever you read and enjoy!!

      Sandra, you *really* summed it up perfectly!!

      "Wingmakers" looks interesting - just skimmed a bit quickly, my
      goodness, my "interesting things to get back to" list keeps getting
      longer & longer!

      Did you ever mention "Datre" here?

      Wouldn't it be neat if all these beings (or whatever) would just get
      together somehow, and get a bit "coordinated" on what they're doing?
      I mean, sometimes it's sort of funny how there are just so many of
      them, and they seem to be unaware of each other!

      For those who may have missed it, I'm going to repeat it -- I'M GOING
      TO HAVE A NEW GRANDBABY IN JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Sorry - I'm a bit over-excited!! <gg> My youngest of three
      grandchilden just turned 13, so it's been a long wait!

    • sandrafdnc
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 5, 2003
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@y...> wrote:
        > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "JerryC" <JerryC@a...> wrote:
        >

        > > Sandra does this include PT books?

        ~~~~~
        Haha, that took place when I was eck swiped.
        ~~~~~~~
        > <giggle> Why would a former member want to read old cult books?
        > Anything "good" in them has been perverted and corrupted.

        ~~~~~~
        Thats it isnt it?? A little bit of truth, and a lot of PT's imagination.
        ~~~~~~~~~
        > A few tiny drops of cyanide poison the whole pitcher.

        > Heck, if I were stranded on a desert island with nothing but eckbooks,
        > as much as I love to read, the only thing I'd use them for is toilet
        > paper.
        >
        > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "fishnik2003"
        > > > can anyone say anything about the urantia book. is it worth a
        > read?
        >

        > > > will appreciate any comments. thanks. fishnik

        > A few years ago I read a lot on the internet about its contents, and
        > found it quite interesting - another fun possibility! Recently got a
        > used copy because I'd really like to look into it more, but it's over
        > 2,000 pages. We had a "Urantian" here for awhile but I don't think he
        > really posted a lot about it - you can try a search for "urantia" but
        > I've never gotten good results from the search function here.

        > One thing I found *very* interesting were that the being/beings who
        > "channeled" this don't claim to be all-knowing "masters" - I don't
        > remember exactly, though.

        ~~~~~
        Now that would be 'nice' if all the folks who channeled got together and came up with something doable.
        ~~~~~
        > Sandra wrote:

        > > My two cents..read anything, everything have fun with it. If it
        > doesnt 'sit' right with you, discard. No one book has the absolute
        > truth (not that I've found).
        >
        > > Currently I am reading a site called 'Wingmakers', is it true?
        > Probably not, but it does make me wonder possibilities, besides the
        > art work Is interesting.

        > > Have fun with what ever you read and enjoy!!
        >
        > Sandra, you *really* summed it up perfectly!!

        > "Wingmakers" looks interesting - just skimmed a bit quickly, my
        > goodness, my "interesting things to get back to" list keeps getting
        > longer & longer!
        ~~~~~~
        Usually when I get to the '"for $19.95 you can have the 'keys'to the universe", I am out of there, did that with eck, oh ha, at least I never bought their jewelry.
        ~~~~~~~
        > Did you ever mention "Datre" here?
        ~~~~~~

        Hmmm, dont think so, what can I tell you some of the channeled information is 'Very' interesting. I read the entire Datre site, took over a year, I still refer to it. I recommeded Datre to a group once, and was nearly banished on the spot, it wasnt 'godly' enough..sigh.
        There are others too, Seth (Jane Roberts), Elias, Abraham-Hicks..too many to mention..Point is if you like it, do it, if not, dont ! One more point, if it instills fear..bye bye.
        ~~~~~~~~

        > Wouldn't it be neat if all these beings (or whatever) would just get
        > together somehow, and get a bit "coordinated" on what they're doing?
        > I mean, sometimes it's sort of funny how there are just so many of
        > them, and they seem to be unaware of each other!

        > For those who may have missed it, I'm going to repeat it -- I'M GOING
        > TO HAVE A NEW GRANDBABY IN JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        ~~~~~~`
        Your grandchildren adore you,
        Talk about fun!!!!!!!

        Sandra
        ~~~~~~~~
        > Sorry - I'm a bit over-excited!! <gg> My youngest of three
        > grandchilden just turned 13, so it's been a long wait!
        >

        > Hugs,
        >

        > Sharon
      • JerryC
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 5, 2003
          > A few tiny drops of cyanide poison the whole pitcher.

          I believe that the pt books DO contain substances that cannot be found elsewhere. I have read the plagerized paragraphs side by side and maintain that pt's work is music while the others are (namely Julian J) are like lyrics only.

          Some nasty people have produced the most profound music. the creative forces are larger that PT and larger than any of us. From over here, the vitality has left the PT writings, however his eckankar creation is a footprint in the sand. PT wrestled with the beast, it used him to produce the works. Some time in the mid 70's, it went back underground. The beast is more magnificant than any words can describe. 500 years in India, before that in persia, before that in israel, and before that greece, before that ??. there have been sprinklings in china too.

          It is here with us now. Just beneath the surface. Well thats where im at now. i know thats not a popular position on this site. but hey!! :-)

          Jerry

          Sandra wrote:

          > My two cents..read anything, everything have fun with it. If it
          doesnt 'sit' right with you, discard. No one book has the absolute
          truth (not that I've found).

          > Currently I am reading a site called 'Wingmakers', is it true?
          Probably not, but it does make me wonder possibilities, besides the
          art work Is interesting.

          > Have fun with what ever you read and enjoy!!

          Sandra, you *really* summed it up perfectly!!

          "Wingmakers" looks interesting - just skimmed a bit quickly, my
          goodness, my "interesting things to get back to" list keeps getting
          longer & longer!

          Did you ever mention "Datre" here?

          Wouldn't it be neat if all these beings (or whatever) would just get
          together somehow, and get a bit "coordinated" on what they're doing?
          I mean, sometimes it's sort of funny how there are just so many of
          them, and they seem to be unaware of each other!

          For those who may have missed it, I'm going to repeat it -- I'M GOING
          TO HAVE A NEW GRANDBABY IN JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          Sorry - I'm a bit over-excited!! <gg> My youngest of three
          grandchilden just turned 13, so it's been a long wait!

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • ~Spirit Dancer~
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 6, 2003
            Sharon <brighttigress@...> wrote:
            For those who may have missed it, I'm going to repeat it -- I'M GOING
            TO HAVE A NEW GRANDBABY IN JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            *** CONGRATS Sharon!

            Sorry - I'm a bit over-excited!! <gg> My youngest of three
            grandchilden just turned 13, so it's been a long wait!

            *** Hey at least it is a grandchild! I decided to have another baby when I was 41. The other kids were, at the time 16, 12 and 10 years.... and talk about feeling old! I thought kids were suppose to keep us young? ;-)

            For you, this will be perfect though. As most grandparents rub it in my face that they can always send the grandkids home. While I on the other hand, get all the work :), but it is such fun!

            kids are wonderful no matter....