Re: [eckankartruth] A post from "Lost Chela"

  • Tsagaglalal97@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2003
      In a message dated 10/30/2003 8:15:10 PM Central Standard Time,
      brighttigress@... writes:

      > everyone is talking about
      >

      > love and no one mentions strength

      Ok, here's my idea. Learn to love yourself first. Why? Because if you
      can't love yourself, warts and all, you can't learn to love others no matter how
      much you deceive yourself into that rationalization.

      Once you learn to love yourself, this automatically, thru following the
      process of all this doing/learning, strengthens you. This, in turn, then enables
      you to go out and give to others. That is why you hear the phrase "love thy
      neighbor as thyself". Yourself is in there first. This is not the same as
      selfishness.

    • ~Spirit Dancer~
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2003
        samorez@... wrote:
        E, here are some basics about Usenet (which contains newsgroups like
        alt.religion.eckankar). Whatever a.r.e. was 'intended' to be by the eckist who started
        it is irrelevant. Usenet is a PUBLIC forum where ANYONE has the right
        to put in their two cents AS LONG as they are not threatening or stalking
        anybody else.

        *** Thanks Mr. O :). Lots of stuff in this article. I guess I was just curious as to why there is so much BS, and very little "real talking"? So basically any half twit, low life can stumble in and prey on people such as a person that is unsuspecting like me, a 1/4 twit? ;-)

        I suppose I look and sound like a pretty dense "lost chela" over on a.r.e ;-). Thanks for your help in making this info clearer....