Tough decision

  • Paul Olson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      An old friend just sent me this one....It's my groaner of the week

      Sword

      Decisions:

      You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by
      a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for
      the bus:

      1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
      2. An old friend who once saved your life.
      3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

      Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only
      be one passenger in your car?

      Think before you continue reading...

      This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job
      application.

      You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you
      should save her first; Or you could take the old
      friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance
      pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate
      again.

      The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up
      with his answer. He simply answered: "I would
      give the car keys to my old friend and let him take the lady to the
      hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my
      dreams."

      Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought
      limitations. Never forget to "Think Outside of the
      Box."

      However, The correct answer is to run the old lady over and put her out of
      her misery, have sex with the perfect partner
      against the bus stop, then drive off with the old friend for some beers.