Re: New member Introduction

  • harveydodds
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2003
      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <anndom2000@y...> wrote:
      > Well thank you Sharon for erecting a safe haven for ex-Eckists and
      > Scientologists.
      >
      > Fortunately my 10 years as a Scientologist left me relatively
      > unscathed and I left before the lunatic completely went off his
      > rocker.
      > Similarly less than 18 months as a 1st grade Eckist prevented my
      > total ensnarement into the insanity of Klemp's camp.
      >
      > Something that puzzled at the time was the incessant reference to
      > psychic attack and defence for its members. I now know why!
      > Klemp is the source of all those ghastly nightmares and untoward
      > life incidents that defy explanation.
      >
      > So we can place the source of most black magic happenings squarely
      > at the foot of LRH, Twitchel and Klemp.
      > Poor demented souls whoes alliegance to the Kal, Behelzebub, Fallen
      > angel, Dark One or whatever. One has to believe in divine
      > retribution, rather than karmic debt in order to remain sane.
      >
      > A repeat dream that seemed unfathonable was the inability to find a
      > light switch to illuminate a room. It now simply means that Klemp
      > has managed to place a forgetter implant on finding one's ability
      of
      > self recognition and awareness as a spiritual being.
      >
      > I sometimes find the Klemp mentallity very amusing, largely because
      > of the total lack of originallity and creativity.
      >
      > Hey Ho! Maybe we can all laugh very soon at the ridiculousness of
      > these idiots.
      >

      > Regards
      >

      > Ann

      I believe it has no power at all, that truths were dressed
      up in an eck bun, that like the CREDIT we gave it for assisting
      with things,our beliefs were getting results from our sincere love
      or efforts in the eckankar setting.

      It is neither a trip to a temple of golden wisdom or nasty
      nightmares, it is a movie we enjoyed with different reviews and
      it just is, and what it is is not nearly as important as the fact
      it does not inspire us anymore, just as someone wonderful we
      once loved and ascribed all sorts of qualities changed in our
      eyes when the relationship became over. I wish them well. all of
      them.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2003
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "harveydodds" <harveydodds@y...>
        wrote:

        > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <anndom2000@y...> wrote:

        > > Well thank you Sharon for erecting a safe haven for ex-Eckists and

        > > Scientologists.

        Well, it's only "safe" from direct verbal assaults. They can still
        track you in "real" life and stalk you and even kill you!! <ggg>

        > > Fortunately my 10 years as a Scientologist left me relatively

        > > unscathed and I left before the lunatic completely went off his

        > > rocker.

        > > Similarly less than 18 months as a 1st grade Eckist prevented my

        > > total ensnarement into the insanity of Klemp's camp.

        You know, I just had some thoughts flashing, on how LRH ended up as
        probably $cientology's worst victim - Twitch died before what he did
        could catch up with him, though.

        > > Something that puzzled at the time was the incessant reference to

        > > psychic attack and defence for its members. I now know why!

        > > Klemp is the source of all those ghastly nightmares and untoward

        > > life incidents that defy explanation.

        I agree with you here - I don't think it's a "coincidence" that while
        millions of people get along just fine in life without "psychic
        attack", for some odd reason people who never had a problem in this
        area suddenly get "psychic attacked" when they become acquainted with
        the cult, and that only makes them cling to it more strongly, from
        fear and the false promises of "protection" from "the master" - but
        the thing is, I honestly believe these "attacks" *do* somehow
        originate from the cult - contact with the cult can open one to this,
        and make you think you need the "protection"!! Yep...it's just a
        sneaky pseudo-spiritual protection racket!!! But, people fail to
        realize that these "psychic attacks" originate from the cult.

        > > So we can place the source of most black magic happenings squarely

        > > at the foot of LRH, Twitchel and Klemp.

        > > Poor demented souls whoes alliegance to the Kal, Behelzebub,
        Fallen

        > > angel, Dark One or whatever. One has to believe in divine

        > > retribution, rather than karmic debt in order to remain sane.

        What's the difference between "divine retribution" and "karmic debt"?
        I think it's all the same thing!!

        > > A repeat dream that seemed unfathonable was the inability to find

        > > light switch to illuminate a room. It now simply means that Klemp

        > > has managed to place a forgetter implant on finding one's ability

        > of

        > > self recognition and awareness as a spiritual being.

        Yeah, when I was a member I had a lot of weird dreams that just didn't
        "fit" any acceptable ecksplanations - because my dreams were
        legitimately warning me to get the hell away from the cult!!

        > > I sometimes find the Klemp mentallity very amusing, largely
        because

        > > of the total lack of originallity and creativity.

        Yeah, Klemp's a real weirdo, isn't he?

        > > Hey Ho! Maybe we can all laugh very soon at the ridiculousness of

        > > these idiots.

        I've gone beyond laughing at it. Now, it's just boring and totally
        insignificant.

        > > Regards

        > > Ann

        Nice to meet you, Ann!

        harveydodds wrote:

        > I believe it has no power at all, that truths were dressed

        > up in an eck bun, that like the CREDIT we gave it for assisting

        > with things,our beliefs were getting results from our sincere love

        > or efforts in the eckankar setting.

        You said a mouthful here!! Yep ... it was our sincere love that gave
        us any "results"! And the cult was like a psycho/spiritual vampire,
        sucking off all that love in our hearts, for its own selfish purposes!

        > It is neither a trip to a temple of golden wisdom or nasty

        > nightmares, it is a movie we enjoyed with different reviews and

        > it just is, and what it is is not nearly as important as the fact

        > it does not inspire us anymore, just as someone wonderful we

        > once loved and ascribed all sorts of qualities changed in our

        > eyes when the relationship became over. I wish them well. all of

        > them.

        Mike, if you'd posted this at a.r.e., I'd be reposting it here as
        "Best of A.R.E."!

        What you say here about ascribing all sorts of qualities to something
        we loved, well...it just got me thinking, wouldn't it be nice if we
        can just be "inspired" by what "is", without making what "is" more
        than what it really is? Do you know what I mean here?

        Well...gotta go, have a nice weekend, everyone!

      • swallow472000
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2003
          --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <brighttigress@y...>
          wrote:
          > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "harveydodds"
          <harveydodds@y...>
          > wrote:
          >

          > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <anndom2000@y...>
          wrote:

          > > > Well thank you Sharon for erecting a safe haven for ex-Eckists
          and

          > > > Scientologists.
          >

          > Well, it's only "safe" from direct verbal assaults. They can still
          > track you in "real" life and stalk you and even kill you!! <ggg>
          >

          > > > Fortunately my 10 years as a Scientologist left me relatively
          >

          > > > unscathed and I left before the lunatic completely went off his
          >

          > > > rocker.
          >

          > > > Similarly less than 18 months as a 1st grade Eckist prevented
          my

          > > > total ensnarement into the insanity of Klemp's camp.
          >

          > You know, I just had some thoughts flashing, on how LRH ended up as
          > probably $cientology's worst victim - Twitch died before what he
          did
          > could catch up with him, though.
          >

          > > > Something that puzzled at the time was the incessant reference
          >

          > > > psychic attack and defence for its members. I now know why!
          >

          > > > Klemp is the source of all those ghastly nightmares and
          untoward

          > > > life incidents that defy explanation.
          >

          > I agree with you here - I don't think it's a "coincidence" that
          while
          > millions of people get along just fine in life without "psychic
          > attack", for some odd reason people who never had a problem in this
          > area suddenly get "psychic attacked" when they become acquainted
          with
          > the cult, and that only makes them cling to it more strongly, from
          > fear and the false promises of "protection" from "the master" - but
          > the thing is, I honestly believe these "attacks" *do* somehow
          > originate from the cult - contact with the cult can open one to
          this,
          > and make you think you need the "protection"!! Yep...it's just a
          > sneaky pseudo-spiritual protection racket!!! But, people fail to
          > realize that these "psychic attacks" originate from the cult.
          >

          > Wow! psychic attacks initiated by the cult to control and keep its
          members...I remember everything in my life turning sour just after I
          joined up...even the dog got sick...I put it all down to the fact
          that I must be paying back some old karma...I had the mentality back
          then that if it isnt hurting it isnt working...talk about self-
          centred
          masochism.
          What sickens me now is that I didnt do anything about
          it...I left it to the tender care of the LEMon and he proceeded to
          rub my nose in it year after year...maybe I deserved what I got for
          being such a spirtchul coward. jimmi

        • samorez@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2003
            In a message dated 6/5/2003 10:26:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
            brighttigress@... writes:

            > Well, it's only "safe" from direct verbal assaults. They can still
            > track you in "real" life and stalk you and even kill you!! <ggg>

            True. Below is a copy of a very recent post at alt.religion.eckankar by one
            of Eckankar's current 'high initiates'. I believe his nickname over there is
            "Dr. Love" as he always signs off "Love" even if he has written the most hateful
            diatribe.

            The point is this little group is as monitored as any by those that act on
            the fantasy that they are chosen by Sugmad to protect Eckankar. So, one has to
            wonder where they can justify drawing the line. If their back is covered by God
            Almighty Himself thru the agency of the Living Ick Master, then the danger is
            that they will think they have Carte Blanche to do....anything. If that sound
            far-fetched think about the murder of abortion doctors and the daily homicide
            bombings by True Believers.

            Of course, I make them especially anxious as I knew Paul before they were
            *any* initiates. If anyone outside of Eckankar has "insider knowledge" it would
            be me. The fact that I am highly critical of the history and perpetuation of
            Eckankar makes me a target. People I admire and do business with have been
            contacted by the Eck Gestapo, informing them of my "misbehavior" on a public
            Eckankar newsgroup. They named their true Hate Site "The Sam Orez Memorial Roster".
            They kept the fact of my sister's rape and murder as a prominent part of my
            "bio" on their site. Richard Picket even made a bargain with me to quit posting
            for a year, even tho he continued to post under a psuedonym. Now he works for
            Duke University and it appears he is afraid of repercussions and doesn't post
            his hateful stuff anymore. I know the last times he posted he went through
            Google to make sure the posts weren't archived. He sent me some weird personal
            email that had a voice message attached to it that said "loser". I guess he's
            afraid someone (I wonder who?) wil let his bosses know what a kook they have
            working work for them.

            Now, I have been accused of being every unidenitified critical poster on
            alt.religion.eckankar. Kudo's to Lurk and Leafeater for keeping themselves
            anonymous. They have saved themselves some grief, for truly there is no one more
            dangerous than a True Believer. Word up. If you choose to post at A.R.E., DO IT
            ANONYMOUSLY unless, like Sharon, you have no fear of reprisals. <G>

            Orez

            Post from Michael at A.R.E. :

            Subject: Gary Speaks
            From: "Michael" <A HREF="mailto:splodge@...">splodge@...</A>
            Date: 6/6/2003 6:33 AM Pacific Standard Time

            Just a quick quip from Gary Fike from Sharon;s hate group: It is worth
            reading IMHO

            Love

            Michael

            This is part of my story...

            Although my father wasn't alcoholic or even abusive, he was absent. Paul
            Twitchell
            filled in my father longing. Simply, I used Eckankar to deal with The Pain
            of
            being alive. In the beginning it was effective and fun. Inevitably, the
            Shadow
            grew larger than the Mahanta and I found the effectiveness of chemicals
            surpassed that of chanting HU.

            I think that people seek out thespiritual life as either as result of mature
            discrimination (Buddha's story being the most well-known example) or they
            come bleeding and wounded inside, seeking refuge and succor. And, THEY GET
            IT, at
            least initially. But, eventually, just like the alcoholic or drug addict who
            finds they can no longer get loaded (read, "high, read "pain-free") it stops
            working. Why? IMO, it is because emotional trauma, deep wounds, cannot be
            bypassed, circumvented, or outgrown. It does not get better with time, it
            just patiently waits. It was only when I found the courage to turn away from
            "going higher" and turn "downward" to face and slay the demons that still
            haunted me, could I find release. Nobody kills your demons but you. Even
            the mighty Mahanta is powerless.

            Honestly, my leaving Eckankar was more because of my behavior than in our
            well discussed revelations regarding Paul, Darwin, etal. There was no
            anger at all, I just couldn't do it anymore in good conscience. It was
            only well into my recovery that I read Lane and came to understand how I
            was so vulnerable to being led by the nose. How I was just this little boy
            in this big body looking for the love he never got. I'm not blaming anyone.
            It's just the way it was.

            Drug pushers, cults, bars, porno shops, ice cream parlors, shopping malls,
            buffets, casinos, Don Juans, movie producers, etc, etc, all understand
            people's need for distraction, the need for Pain Relief.

            Alas, the only way out of The Pain is thru The Pain. :(

            But what freedom on the other side!

            Jimmi, I am not putting you in this category. Only you can determine
            that. FWIW, I've haven't found it necessary to get drunk or high since 1986
            and it has made all the difference for someone like me.

            Orez

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 7, 2003
              --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, samorez@a... wrote:

              > In a message dated 6/5/2003 10:26:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,

              > brighttigress@y... writes:

              > > Well, it's only "safe" from direct verbal assaults. They can
              still

              > > track you in "real" life and stalk you and even kill you!! <ggg>

              > True. Below is a copy of a very recent post at alt.religion.eckankar
              by one

              > of Eckankar's current 'high initiates'. I believe his nickname over
              there is

              > "Dr. Love" as he always signs off "Love" even if he has written the
              most hateful

              > diatribe.

              He's a jerk...worse than that, actually. He's creepy. Cult "clergy",
              of course.

              > The point is this little group is as monitored as any by those that
              act on

              > the fantasy that they are chosen by Sugmad to protect Eckankar.

              Well, I'm on the public "ecklists". But...I just skim over quickly,
              I'm not "tracking" or anything. That sort of freaked me when I was an
              eckie, invited to joing the online "EckGestapo", and I saw their
              obsession about "tracking" a.r.e. posters...really weird!!!

              Another "weird" thing that perhaps current cult members might want to
              consider...before I went to a.r.e. in 6/98, I participated a lot in
              the private "chelachat" ecklist, and a little bit in "huchat" which is
              sort of "public". Then, when I left the cult, more than six months
              after I'd been on the ecklists, of course *all* of the eckthugs
              immediately turned on me when I started asking questions & eventually
              left, but what MW was, was....he dug up old posts of mine from
              "huchat" about an incident with another eckist - this is all in the
              archives, by the way, for those who want to see what happened...MW
              tried to discredit me about this incident, but I happened to have some
              of the correspondence "saved" so thank goodness I was able to post the
              *facts* and documentation, and show what a slimy liar he was - but
              thing is, when I was an eckie I was a *good* eckie, and gave no one
              any reason to keep files on me or anything.

              Current cult members don't realize, anything they post on the
              "private" ecklists is saved. This is sort of like $cientology - just
              in case, they keep records of things that can be used against people
              if they leave that cult & speak out. The same thing is done in
              e-kult. What kinds of things do members send in Initiate's Reports?
              Do they realize this stuff may be used as future "evidence" against
              them?

              I was *very* fortunate that when MW did this libel bullshit, I
              happened to have the original posts which showed the *whole* picture,
              and disproved the lies this eck "clergy" was spewing.

              So, one has to

              > wonder where they can justify drawing the line. If their back is
              covered by God

              > Almighty Himself thru the agency of the Living Ick Master, then the
              danger is

              > that they will think they have Carte Blanche to do....anything. If
              that sound

              > far-fetched think about the murder of abortion doctors and the daily
              homicide

              > bombings by True Believers.

              Someone broke into my house after I left the cult and started speaking
              out. One of the eckthugs had posted publicly about his proximity to
              my home, how he'd be there for various reasons, or just passing
              through on the way to his hunting cabin....coincidence? Nothing was
              taken, but someone was messing with my computers. And I've received
              plenty of public & private threats. One cutie was "Mr. Bizarro" -
              probably a 10th initiate!! <ggg>

              > Of course, I make them especially anxious as I knew Paul before they
              were

              > *any* initiates. If anyone outside of Eckankar has "insider
              knowledge" it would

              > be me. The fact that I am highly critical of the history and
              perpetuation of

              > Eckankar makes me a target.

              Hate to say this, Orez, but I've even looked in the archives, and I
              haven't seen much of this "insider knowledge" you claim to have.
              Oh...I remember one story you told about how Gail (I believe) sent you
              to "spy" at another group or something, but other than that, sorry,
              but although you are witty & amusing, I haven't seen any real
              "details".

              I've tried to look at things from the viewpoint of someone who's just
              heard about the cult, and is looking into it. Okay...so there's some
              guy who uses the name "Samorez" who was a member a long time ago when
              Twitch started it, and he left & doesn't like it anymore, and
              evidently he had some D & A "problems"....so gee, probably current
              members are right when they say he just wasn't "ready" or he "fell
              from grace" or something, but that's *his* fault!!!

              Do you see what I mean?

              Right now I've got a warm & fuzzy smile inside, thinking of the happy
              day when I got a note from another former member, announcing the new
              website at: http://www.stormpages.com/truthbeknown66/ - what a
              pleasant surprise!! It takes some time to do a website, and it's
              always nice when *anyone* does a website, but I thought this one was
              especially nice, and sort of "permanent".

              >People I admire and do business with have been

              > contacted by the Eck Gestapo, informing them of my "misbehavior" on
              a public

              > Eckankar newsgroup.

              Really? I don't recall ever seeing this before!! Too bad you don't
              have a website that tells your story, and your experiences. Would you
              like to give us more details here?

              I know they've contacted Ben Douglass's employer, Colleen's
              professional association, Alf's mother...damn, I've been trying to
              "compile" stuff the last couple of years, but I've sort of given up.

              It's hard keeping track of all the good stuff in the archives, you
              know? Plus, my computers keep dying, and it's a pain in the ass even
              *thinking* about getting all the old hard drives together, and putting
              everything in one place, you know?

              > They named their true Hate Site "The Sam Orez Memorial Roster".

              > They kept the fact of my sister's rape and murder as a prominent
              part of my

              > "bio" on their site.

              I am *very* sorry that the Roster is no longer with us. I was an
              eckist when I first saw it, and was so horrified & disgusted, it
              helped me to wake up. Although it upset some people, like you, I feel
              it was a great example of the true "soul" of the cult.

              The scary thing is, the number of cult members who thought it was a
              wonderful thing.

              >Richard Picket even made a bargain with me to quit posting

              > for a year, even tho he continued to post under a psuedonym.

              And I am *very* sorry that when I was still a member, and just
              starting to learn about things like archives & headers, I didn't
              "save" the "anonymous" posts PickIt made during that time. I didn't
              realize their significance. Same with the phony ones "clergyman"
              Nathan Zafran made, pretending to be an innocent "seeker"...

              Now he works for

              > Duke University and it appears he is afraid of repercussions and
              doesn't post

              > his hateful stuff anymore. I know the last times he posted he went
              through

              > Google to make sure the posts weren't archived.

              <giggle> Well...when he posted with the "x-no-archive" option, I
              *saved* them!!!!

              Sort of scary, isn't it? PickIt and another HI both work in the
              computer department at Duke. "Clergyboy" Richie Smith has posted
              threats of hacking. So...we've got two cult HIs with access to really
              super-powered computers. Since PickIt isn't doing his dirty work
              publicly anymore, does it really make sense to think he's spending his
              time fishing or something? I think not.

              He sent me some weird personal

              > email that had a voice message attached to it that said "loser". I
              guess he's

              > afraid someone (I wonder who?) wil let his bosses know what a kook
              they have

              > working work for them.

              Yeah, he's a real sicko. After I left, he tried sucking up to me
              privately, telling me he was open-minded, etc., wanting to know about
              my "experiences" - telling me a story of how another eckie he knew got
              this inner "message" telling her to get out of the cult, and she even
              tossed her eckring over a bridge or something...what a creep!!

              > Now, I have been accused of being every unidenitified critical
              poster on

              > alt.religion.eckankar.

              There are times I think Marianne is really Alf. <ggg>

              You know, it's sort of easier to figure out "detractor" posters...we
              all have our own "style"...but eckies can get away with it more
              easily, since they all sound alike and spout the same bullshit using
              the same words. <ggg>

              Kudo's to Lurk and Leafeater for keeping themselves

              > anonymous.

              I wish they'd do websites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am too lazy to be a
              good "compiler".

              Lurk is espcially fascinating...he's so mysterious!!! He turned me on
              even *before* he posted that stuff about being able to tie "it" in a
              double knot! <ggg>

              >They have saved themselves some grief, for truly there is no one more

              > dangerous than a True Believer. Word up. If you choose to post at
              A.R.E., DO IT

              > ANONYMOUSLY unless, like Sharon, you have no fear of reprisals. <G>

              Well, I was *very* stupid and innocent when I started posting there.
              I was a good widdle eckanborg. It would have been okay if I'd stayed
              in the cult, or just left quietly & kept my mouth shut.

              That's what they count on, you know. The silence of those who wake up
              and leave. It's a typical "abuser" tactic, to keep their victims
              silent.

              Well...I gotta go!! Have a good weekend, everyone!!

              Oh...while I think of it, "welcome" to our new member, "Ann" - I'm
              just wondering, after all those years in $cientology and some
              acquaintance with e-kult, are you able to identify the nasty "cultic"
              stuff in e-kult that's straight out of $cientology?

              We've had a lot of rain here - but I'm just happy it's not snow, or
              freezing rain!!!!

              Love & Hugs,

              sharon