Re: [eckankartruth] Digest Number 552

  • SLDarwin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 2003
      In a message dated 3/7/2003 9:15:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > who could be more in need of spiritual
      > revelation than those who have emerged from enslavement of their
      > spiritual liberty?

      Saitia,

      Well I guess you don't know the Eck teachings very well. Do you think that
      they do not teach this stuff? They do. They are a spiritual path and claim to
      be abpve wison school teachings.
      I have looked into all of the other paths while studing the Eck teachings and
      spiritually they all teach the same things. The Emerald tablets, Astoria,
      Urantia and all the wisdom schools teach really the same things just in
      different words.
      If you dont know the Eck teachings then you dont know what is being taught.
      There were a lot of good things and teachings that come out of Eck.
      All these teachings are not unique. Channeled info seems to be new but in
      realtiy it is nothing new. From my long experience, all are about the same.
      If they are on this site then they are wanting to get some space between
      these kind of things/teachings and just get straight who they are as an
      individual being.
      You are presenting nothing new. My new question is, who needs more extra
      baggage?
      Lee

    • Paul Olson
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 7, 2003
        Lee,

        From what I've seen in eckankar and prior, as well as since....I wholeheartedly agree with your synopsis. I find that any path developed or espoused by another, is simply their belief system...what they have chosen to believe in place of their own inner truth. I think we each have our own inner truth, or seat of reality. If we go anywhere outside for this personal realization, then we are probably gonna get distracted from that reality.

        No more paths for me folks.....I'm a living Path and YOU CAN'T JOIN :-) Go find your own!

        Paul (Sword)
        In a message dated 3/7/2003 9:15:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com writes:

        > who could be more in need of spiritual
        > revelation than those who have emerged from enslavement of their
        > spiritual liberty?

        Saitia,

        Well I guess you don't know the Eck teachings very well. Do you think that
        they do not teach this stuff? They do. They are a spiritual path and claim to
        be abpve wison school teachings.
        I have looked into all of the other paths while studing the Eck teachings and
        spiritually they all teach the same things. The Emerald tablets, Astoria,
        Urantia and all the wisdom schools teach really the same things just in
        different words.
        If you dont know the Eck teachings then you dont know what is being taught.
        There were a lot of good things and teachings that come out of Eck.
        All these teachings are not unique. Channeled info seems to be new but in
        realtiy it is nothing new. From my long experience, all are about the same.
        If they are on this site then they are wanting to get some space between
        these kind of things/teachings and just get straight who they are as an
        individual being.
        You are presenting nothing new. My new question is, who needs more extra
        baggage?
        Lee

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Saitia
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003

          Lee wrote:
          >Well I guess you don't know the Eck teachings very well. Do you think that
          >they do not teach this stuff? They do. They are a spiritual path and claim to
          >be abpve wison school teachings.

          S: Well enough to know that just because they teach a thing doesn't
          prevent them from being guilty of it as well. (I assume you meant
          "above wisdom school teachings.")

          >I have looked into all of the other paths while studing the Eck
          >teachings and spiritually they all teach the same things. The
          >Emerald tablets, Astoria, Urantia and all the wisdom schools teach
          >really the same things just in different words.

          S: The notion that "all paths . . spiritually. . .teach the same
          things" is simply false, IMO. (Urantia is not a "wisdom school."
          "Urantia" is a book.) If you truly believe "Urantia" teaches the
          same thing as --"your choice here,"-- then you simply don't know the
          Urantia teachings, Lee.

          >If you dont know the Eck teachings then you dont know what is being
          >taught. There were a lot of good things and teachings that come out
          >of Eck.
          >All these teachings are not unique.

          S: Yes, all religions contain some truth, thus there is some truth to
          be gained from each religion. However, belonging to one like eck (a
          cult) also has tremendous moral, and ethical drawbacks, as well.

          > Channeled info seems to be new but in
          >realtiy it is nothing new.

          S: I agree... (BTW: The UP are not a channeled work.)

          >From my long experience, all are about the same.

          S: If you mean channeled works, in most respects I agree.

          >If they are on this site then they are wanting to get some space between
          >these kind of things/teachings and just get straight who they are as an
          >individual being.

          S: Again, I simply answered questions put to me. Generally I think
          it's inappropriate to do more than that unless asked to do so, and it
          is more appropriate off-list when it comes to a list like this one.
          So I'll be glad to answer any more "Urantia" questions somewhere
          else, but I'd like to stick to eck issues here.

          >You are presenting nothing new.

          S: No one asked me "what's new?" ;-)
          I made no attempt to "present" anything "new." But I will offer you
          this, which was once "new" to me: Religion lives and prospers by
          faith, and insight-- it does NOT consist of the discovery of new
          facts, but rather in the discovery of new and spiritual meanings in
          facts already well known.

          >My new question is, who needs more extra
          >baggage?

          S: If you still look at your religious life metaphorically as "extra
          baggage," and anything else as "more extra baggage," perhaps you
          haven't been out of eck long enough to discard ALL the baggage you
          should discard. Following your metaphor though, my personal religion
          is just the "clothes on my back"; I have no luggage.

          Cheers,

          Saitia
          --

          That which the world needs most to know is: Men are the sons of God,
          and through faith they can actually realize, and daily experience,

        • Saitia
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
            Hi Paul,

            At 8:30 PM -0700 3/7/03, Paul Olson wrote:
            > I find that any path developed or espoused by another, is simply
            >their belief system...what they have chosen to believe in place of
            >their own inner truth.

            That's an interesting notion. How are you able to determine for
            certain what is their genuine inner truth and what they espouse that
            is not their inner truth?

            >I think we each have our own inner truth, or seat of reality.

            I think those are vastly different things. Care to explain why they
            are the synonymous?

            >If we go anywhere outside for this personal realization, then we are
            >probably gonna get distracted from that reality.

            So you think inner "reality" is not a part of external "reality"?

            >No more paths for me folks.....I'm a living Path and YOU CAN'T JOIN
            >:-) Go find your own!

            I agree we each must be our own path. But everything we encounter in
            reality, inner and outer, affects that path, and necessitates
            choosing.

            Cheers,

            Saitia

            >Paul (Sword)

          • Paul Olson
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
              Saitia,

              OK, I'll bite again....somewhat

              Hi Paul,

              At 8:30 PM -0700 3/7/03, Paul Olson wrote:
              > I find that any path developed or espoused by another, is simply
              >their belief system...what they have chosen to believe in place of
              >their own inner truth.

              That's an interesting notion. How are you able to determine for
              certain what is their genuine inner truth and what they espouse that
              is not their inner truth?
              Paul:
              What someone is and what someone chooses to believe that they are, and what they actually are, are all different things......think about it.

              >I think we each have our own inner truth, or seat of reality.

              I think those are vastly different things. Care to explain why they
              are the synonymous?

              Good question. Our seat of reality is the place of observation and the cause of action or thought.
              Our inner truth is the universe we have schosen to live in inwardly that is.

              >If we go anywhere outside for this personal realization, then we are
              >probably gonna get distracted from that reality.

              So you think inner "reality" is not a part of external "reality"?

              Paul:
              I think external reality is a dim shadow of inner reality but I can't prove it. I also believe that we are all living a single aspect of what is our completeness within....I think we are unable while physically embodied to know our complete inner selves.

              >No more paths for me folks.....I'm a living Path and YOU CAN'T JOIN
              >:-) Go find your own!

              I agree we each must be our own path. But everything we encounter in
              reality, inner and outer, affects that path, and necessitates
              choosing.

              Paul:
              Well, there does come a time when the outer is exposed, along with its tests and illusions. Written words, thoughts of others, self accepted "realities" etc......It's so personal and so tricky sometimes.
              I'm not debating here. I'm just saying that if we completely drop (and it's sometimes really hard to do) ALL of the externally obtained images, thoughts of god, religion, phylosophy etc, that a reality will emerge that is not capable of being contained in any outer teaching or philosophy, religion or pathway......something far more personal, real, and comforting. In the long run, it doesn't really matter a damn what we think we are.....these are transitory states, as I think you observed above, however what's real stays real regardless of what we happen to think right now.
              Be Well,
              Paul

              "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
              people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
              - Douglas Adams

            • harveydodds
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
                --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Olson" <broker84@c...>
                wrote:
> [...]
                sometimes.
                > I'm not debating here. I'm just saying that if we completely
                drop (and it's sometimes really hard to do) ALL of the externally
                obtained images, thoughts of god, religion, phylosophy etc, that a
                reality will emerge that is not capable of being contained in any
                outer teaching or philosophy, religion or pathway......something far
                more personal, real, and comforting. In the long run, it doesn't
                really matter a damn what we think we are.....these are transitory
                states, as I think you observed above, however what's real stays real
                regardless of what we happen to think right now.
                > Be Well,
                > Paul
                >
                > "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot
                of
                > people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

                I just speak for myself here. After the experiences of Eckankar and
                the heartbreak of hoodwink I find I don't want to hear about anyone
                elses path right now. It could be the answers to all my prayers and
                encourage world peace . Just like a gal may not want to hear about
                the great single guy you know after a vicious breakup with abuse.One
                day you're rocking around the racetrack next you're part of the wall.
                Now I'm exploring, looking around. It seems to be a reasonable
                strategy followup to maybe decide I'm not going to be following any
                paths. Not may who were in Eck would say why ever did you decide that?
                When people come here and give well intentioned advice, well some
                will give you a earful back. Been there done that. I so respect some
                that say they don't

                have an interest in pondering eckables anymore, but don't want

                others to twist in the wind either. The Wind of Flatulence, The
                Tigers Wang ,Autobiography of a Man with a God Complex. The Far-out
                Country Cheerful Eck Transcripts The talk, the tape the heartwarming
                tales. Is Life a random drive by shooting? 35 Keys to Who you are and
                why you're going to be an Eckist, The Tuba of God The Spiritual
                Post it Notes ( okay I've gone overboard but I bought these and many
                more)
                Remember the neighborhood doesn't change just because you visit it
                with good intentions. Not a huge internet guy but it seems to me
                that theres a newsgroup for everyone.
                I don't want to hear about Urantia right now, ( Calling occupants
                of interplanetary craft sang Karen Carpenter actually Klaatu did it
                first )except in a minor
                way, in passing or referencing some site I may choose to visit. I'm
                sure the books and the Urantiaests are cool people. We ARE your
                friends.

                "Any one can start a religion if if starts off with himself as the
                leader"
                Stephen Leacock
                Have I...
                Gone off on a rant again? Jesus ,Ranting Roaring Willie
                in a pissy mood the cafes scanner is down don't the damn things
                cost peanuts now?

                Toodles
                Uncle harvey