Hi There !!

  • sandrafdnc <sandrafdnc@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2002
      Good morning,

      If I dont make a lot of sense here, tis a bit early :)). I've been out of eck for about two years (member 13yrs), for a long time I felt the fear of not being a card carrying member, karma for leaving, etc. The fear wasnt overwhelming, just a little tickling of self doubt, whew, thank goodness that is over. Takes a while to regain self, to let go of follow-the-leader, that is his/her destination not mine. What ever I learn is mine, I'm going to take it with me when I leave this existance, there are somethings I'd as soon not repeat, and if I give my expereriences away be it to the so called lords of karma, or a church leader who is as human as I, what have I gained? Oh yes, who are these souls to ask me to surrender anyway??

      On the subject of karma, is that not just a man based belief to keep the rest of us in line?

      Hey, Sharon, cute picture on a.r.e., you go girl.

      May you ALL have a wonderful holiday season and new year!!

      Sandra
    • nimmy45440 <chas@erinet.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2002
        --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "sandrafdnc <sandrafdnc@y...>"
        <sandrafdnc@y...> wrote:

        > On the subject of karma, is that not just a man based belief to
        keep the rest of us in line?

        Seems like karma is more a physically defined law, as I understand
        the word karma (cause and effect}: For every action there is an equal
        and opposite reaction. The definition of "sin" seems to me more a
        matter of how to keep the rest of us in line as to where karma is an
        event we have to deal with no matter what religion we claim.

        Just an opinion...
        Chuck
      • lemrag3 <lemrag3@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 21, 2002
          sandrafdnc <sandrafdnc@y...>" <sandrafdnc@y...> wrote:

          > On the subject of karma, is that not just a man based belief to
          keep the rest of us in line?

          sandrafdnc <sandrafdnc@y...

          <snip>

          >On the subject of karma, is that not just a man based belief to keep
          the rest
          >of us in line?

          This whole karma notion, I've noticed, is most often used as a weapon
          to keep
          the followers subdued. Klump, especially, seems to use it often in his
          disourses and
          other writings.

          My own opinion is that karma, as it's used and taught in most eastern
          teachings, as
          well as eCrap, is simply the Eastern version of our hellfire and
          brimstone thing. I no longer
          subscribe to the whole idea of karma. Oh, there is certainly a
          universal law of action and
          reaction at work in our lives, but the threat that it accumulates and
          carries over to other
          lifetimes just doesn't seem believable to me anymore.

          Many of the mystics have openly scoffed at the teaching of karma,
          pointing out that
          there is no way to ever get out from under it and no way of ever
          knowing if we're creating
          karma or paying back karma. In my opinion, this leads only to
          confusion and a static
          state. It makes a nice tool to keep the flock under control, though.
          Assuming the flock never
          bothers to think too deeply on it. And, one thing an eckist cannot be
          accused of is thinking very deeply about anything. For them, it's
          better to let klump tell them how to think, feel and act.

          Karma only seems to make sense at first glance. The more we look at
          it, the less
          sense it makes. If one is to accept the concept of a God of love, then
          the entire
          karmic teaching breaks down. It's a horrible cruel system and doesn't
          fit in with love.

          On the other hand, if one accepts the premise of a God of love, then
          perhaps there is
          no karma - that all is "forgiven". After all, we're only sleeping
          actors playing out different
          roles on a stage. For myself, after casting off eckankar's teachings
          about karma and paybacks, I feel far more comfortable dwelling on the
          notion that the Law of Grace is God's greatest gift
          to us.

          I once recall reading something twitchell wrote (more likely stole)
          about how the Law of Grace is far greater than karma. I don't know
          if klump even mentions the Law of Grace anymore. Teaching people that
          all is forgiven isn't a very profitable way to conduct business.
          Better to keep them off balance and let their own fears prod them into
          paying their yearly dues.

          If any eckists are reading this, My sincere apologies to all those who
          are easily confused.

          -Charlie-