Re: This one's just plain wacko!!!

  • Sharon2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2002
      (There were some excellent comments on this one, from Tom Leafeater & Lurk - anyone who has time might find it worthwhile to go read the thread.)

      Subject: This one's just plain wacko!!!
      From: "Sharon2000" <brighttigress@...>
      Date: 28 Sep 2002 01:12:08 GMT

      From "Riding for the ECK BRAND" - high initiates only!!

      SOLVING VERY BASIC PROBLEMS

      When I travel and stay in hotels, I often shred my confidential work and
      flush it down the toilet. I have letters that I don't want the hotel
      people to see. I had quite a pile one day, so I filled the toilet and
      flushed. But the toilet got clogged, and the paper wouldn't go down.

      the evening got later, and I kept working, throwing more shredded paper
      into the toilet. the water came right up to the rim of the toilet bowl,
      then gradually went down. "Maybe some great wizard will come while I'm
      asleep and fix this," I said. "When I wake up in the morning, it will be
      completely fixed." I woke up and 2:00 a.m., and I knew it wasn't fixed.

      It was that time of the morning when I couldn't call the front desk and
      ssay, "Please send someone to fix my toilet." The maintenance man would
      come in, see the toilet filled with paper, and say, "Fool". And since I
      would be too tired to think of witty things to say, I'd just sit there.
      This kind of interaction would haunt me for the entire weekend. So I
      thought I'd try to fix it myself.

      I found a hotel utility bag in the closet. I blew air into it. Then I
      tied knots in it to make smaller sections, to make a sort of plumber's
      helper. I even came up with several intricate designs. I plunged it into
      the bowl and worked it up and down carefully, trying not to burst it. And
      the clogged toilet suddenly cleared. I flushed it once, twice, three
      times, saying to myself, I did it!

      Sometimes we get too far from the basics of life. Whenever we get that
      far, that's probably when we deserve to be *in* the very basics of life.
      That's when we learn something.

      If you succeed in solving the little things, it gives you the confidence to
      try something bigger.

      ---------------

      What an idiot!!! First of all, the chambermaid could give a rat's ass
      what's in Klemp's garbage. They want to get the room done, and get the
      hell out of there and go home.

      Secondly, if he clogged the toilet...why did he keep throwing in more
      shredded paper? DUH!!!!!!

      I'm wondering why, instead of thinking a great wizard would solve the
      problem, he didn't conjure up little eckanplumbers similar to the little
      eckanairplanemechanics he recommends in "spiritual exercises" for people
      who are afraid of flying.

      I guess he couldn't get some help from his HIs & go do battle on the inner
      planes. He found out that didn't work in the haunted European hotel.

      You can call the front desk 24 hours a day for *anything*. That's why
      they've got someone there 24/7. Hotels are 24-hour operations. All you
      have to do is ask for a plunger, and it will be delivered. You can do it
      yourself, or be laughed at if you expect someone to do it for you. Whether
      you tip or not, they're gonna say "Fool", if the toilet is blocked because
      you're shredding paper into it.

      Now, if he'd blocked the toilet "normally" he wouldn't have needed to worry
      about thinking of witty things to say, because everyone knows that shit
      happens. <ggg>

      "This kind of interaction would haunt me for the entire weekend." Geezus,
      the guy DOES have a problem with "image", doesn't he? You'd think the
      Master of the Universe wouldn't be so concerned....of course, who knows,
      maybe the Bearer of the Plunger is a potential cult recruit!

      Well...it's not hard to understand why Klemp doesn't go to seminars in
      person anymore.

      What an idiot! And this guy is in charge of the whole universe, everything
      from the weather to protecting his chelas?

      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

      Sharon

      <POP!!!!!> Hmmmmm....Michelob was on sale. Doesn't taste any different
      than the cheap stuff, but then...what do *I* know? After all, I thought
      eckankar was a path to God, and all about love.

      FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ECKANKAR, SEE:
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
        (from Tom Leafeater, excerpt from a.r.e. post)

        >What an idiot!!! First of all, the chambermaid could give a rat's ass
        >what's in Klemp's garbage.

        Exactly. This is really odd, actually.

        They want to get the room done, and get the
        >hell out of there and go home.

        This is my experience, also.

        >Secondly, if he clogged the toilet...why did he keep throwing in more
        >shredded paper? DUH!!!!!!

        It is rather strange behavior, I think. We all do stupid, silly things once in
        a while, but this is quite odd. What the heck was he shredding in the wee hours
        of the night? Interesting...

        >I'm wondering why, instead of thinking a great wizard would solve the
        >problem, he didn't conjure up little eckanplumbers similar to the little
        >eckanairplanemechanics he recommends in "spiritual exercises" for people
        >who are afraid of flying.
        >
        >I guess he couldn't get some help from his HIs & go do battle on the inner
        >planes. He found out that didn't work in the haunted European hotel.
        >
        >You can call the front desk 24 hours a day for *anything*. That's why
        >they've got someone there 24/7. Hotels are 24-hour operations. All you
        >have to do is ask for a plunger, and it will be delivered. You can do it
        >yourself, or be laughed at if you expect someone to do it for you. Whether
        >you tip or not, they're gonna say "Fool", if the toilet is blocked because
        >you're shredding paper into it.
        >
        >Now, if he'd blocked the toilet "normally" he wouldn't have needed to worry
        >about thinking of witty things to say, because everyone knows that shit
        >happens. <ggg>
        >

        >"This kind of interaction would haunt me for the entire weekend." Geezus,
        >the guy DOES have a problem with "image", doesn't he? You'd think the
        >Master of the Universe wouldn't be so concerned....of course, who knows,
        >maybe the Bearer of the Plunger is a potential cult recruit!

        His sensitivity to such an insignificant comment is rather unusual. He
        obviously tries very, very hard to put forth an image of a Godman. Not exactly
        the "wu wei" approach to life. Okay, so a hotel handyman would laugh a little
        bit. The fact is, these folks are paid to work the night shift fixing little
        oddities. They have tools to unclog toilets in a matter of minutes.

        >Well...it's not hard to understand why Klemp doesn't go to seminars in
        >person anymore.

        In light of this revealing anecdote, it would seem very stressfull for Klemp to
        make public appearances.

        >What an idiot! And this guy is in charge of the whole universe, everything
        >from the weather to protecting his chelas?
        >
        >BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
        >

        >Sharon

        You know, Sharon, when I was a member I read this piece, and didn't think much
        of it. Now with clearer objectivity it strikes me as quite strange, taken
        altogether as a whole. Shredding paper in the middle of the night? Filling a
        toilet to the brim repeatedly with the highly fibrous pulp, despite the fact
        that he admittedly stopped it up with the first flush? Making strange devices,
        with a number of "intricate designs," out of hotel refuse bags in the middle of
        the night? This reveals he went to extreme lengths for possibly an hour or two,
        or even longer, to avoid having contact with hotel staff. And how did he get a
        flexible garbage bag filled with air and tied with knots into the toilet deep
        enough to do any good, if you gather my drift? It takes little imagination to
        reveal what a night this must have been for him! Then he expresses what a
        triumph this was for him to have unclogged the toilet, as if this proves he
        mastered the universe all over again that night, with the words, "And the
        clogged toilet suddenly cleared. I flushed it once, twice, three
        times, saying to myself, I did it! Sometimes we get too far from the basics of
        life. Whenever we get that far, that's probably when we deserve to be *in* the
        very basics of life. That's when we learn something.
        If you succeed in solving the little things, it gives you the confidence to try
        something bigger."

        He acts as if facing such situations as a clogged toilet is great challenge for
        most others. This would hardly be a challenge to most adults, when compared to
        other truly difficult ordeals people go through. Most people would have
        realized the easiest, wisest, quickest way to solve the problem would be to
        merely swallow a little pride, pick up the phone and dial the front desk. It
        would have been only a moment of humbly admitting to being rather silly, and
        the whole thing would have been over with, to the relief of all (was his wife
        with him?) His triumph in escaping public contact was really a sign of
        avoidance, and instead of facing that which he seemed to fear (a slight
        embarrasment) he merely succeeded in hiding from the world. Now, while it is
        true that all mortal humans find themselves in peculier circumstances, this
        does have a ring of oddness to the story. It seems obsessive, preoccupied,
        overly secretive and slightly paranoid, for the Master of the Universes to be
        experiencing.

        Interesting post, Sharon. I hope objective, critical commentary doesn't put me
        on anyones hate list, for only in a healthy democratic society can one express
        independent views without fear of persecution.

        Leafeater
      • Sharon2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
          From: arelurker <arelurker@...>
          Newsgroups: alt.religion.eckankar,alt.eckankar
          Subject: Re: This one's just plain wacko!!!
          Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:36:54 -0400

          The story below is suppose to be a parable type story where Klemp is
          revealing some truth to his initiates. You know, solve the small
          problems to gain confidence for the big problems in life. What is
          interesting about this story is I think it reveals a pattern in Klemp's
          life that plays out over and over again. Let's take a look and see what
          really is going on with Klemp that I'm sure he remains unaware:

          Sharon2000 wrote:

          > From "Riding for the ECK BRAND" - high initiates only!!
          >
          > SOLVING VERY BASIC PROBLEMS
          >
          > When I travel and stay in hotels, I often shred my confidential work and
          > flush it down the toilet. I have letters that I don't want the hotel
          > people to see. I had quite a pile one day, so I filled the toilet and
          > flushed. But the toilet got clogged, and the paper wouldn't go down.

          First question is: If he shreds the confidential work, then is it not
          redundant to attempt to dispose of it in the toilet? I mean, that's the
          purpose of shredding. If he shreds and wants to flush it afterwords,
          that's just plan paranoia.

          Of course he might mean that he simply tears up the papers, and doesn't
          actual shred them, in which case, this could be the reason he opted to
          flush them.

          > the evening got later, and I kept working, throwing more shredded paper
          > into the toilet.

          Interesting thing here is that even though Klemp knows he is clogging
          the toilet, he continues to throw paper in there. How stupid is that?
          The guy is a moron!

          PARALLEL: Even though Klemp knows how much Paul and himself have lied,
          he continues to lie. How stupid is that?

          the water came right up to the rim of the toilet bowl,
          > then gradually went down. "Maybe some great wizard will come while I'm
          > asleep and fix this," I said. "When I wake up in the morning, it will be
          > completely fixed."

          Here Klemp uses the same magical thinking the pervades eckankar.

          PARALLEL: Klemp thought the issue of Paul's lying would go away as
          though someone would come and magically fix it or that his
          rationalizations would magically fix it.

          > I woke up and 2:00 a.m., and I knew it wasn't fixed.

          Rebazar must have been busy with someone else's toilet that night.

          PARALLEL: Harold, wakes up in the nineties and realizes Paul's lies are
          not fixed. The internet haunts him.

          > It was that time of the morning when I couldn't call the front desk and
          > ssay, "Please send someone to fix my toilet." The maintenance man would
          > come in, see the toilet filled with paper, and say, "Fool". And since I
          > would be too tired to think of witty things to say, I'd just sit there.
          > This kind of interaction would haunt me for the entire weekend. So I
          > thought I'd try to fix it myself.

          To admit to making a mistake is grounds for Klemp to feel haunted for an
          entire weekend? What a fricken nutcase! Honesty is not high on his list,
          what others think of him is, apparently.

          PARALLEL: Rather than admit what a fool he has been with regards to
          handling of Paul's lies, he opts to avoid feeling foolish to others by
          coming up with his own ingenious solutions (Astral library excuse, etc.)
          Anything but admit a mistake.

          > I found a hotel utility bag in the closet. I blew air into it. Then I
          > tied knots in it to make smaller sections, to make a sort of plumber's
          > helper. I even came up with several intricate designs. I plunged it into
          > the bowl and worked it up and down carefully, trying not to burst it. And
          > the clogged toilet suddenly cleared. I flushed it once, twice, three
          > times, saying to myself, I did it!

          What a torturous life this Klemp guy leads. He creates problems and then
          gains self esteem by solving it all by himself. In other words, he makes
          himself relevant by creating problems and then being a hero in his own
          mind solving them. The easy solution would be to call the maintenance
          guy and the thing would be fixed! If he is worried about embarrassment,
          he could have told the maintenance guy that some people from the astral
          library emptied the waste paper basket in the toilet.

          PARALLEL: Kelp has tried to fix problems with Paul's lies in a rigged
          sort of way over the years much like he rigged things to unclogged the
          toilet. It has "worked" in the sense that he appeased eckists, but that
          was only a short term solution. The same mindset that got him into the
          problem in the first place has prevailed and we can be sure of two
          things: Klemp will continue to perpetuate Paul's lies and he'll continue
          to create problems like the clogged toilet because he has not change the
          thinking that underlies these.

          > Sometimes we get too far from the basics of life. Whenever we get that
          > far, that's probably when we deserve to be *in* the very basics of life.
          > That's when we learn something.

          In other words, Klemp is saying when you have you head up your ass like
          him, you do strange things and suffer the consequences of doing strange
          things. You can call it a spiritual lesson and feel good about having
          your head up your ass.

          > If you succeed in solving the little things, it gives you the confidence to
          > try something bigger.

          READ: If you create and then solve little problems, you can feel
          confident that you can create and solve BIG problems.

          Right now, Klemp has a BIG problem on his hands he created. It's that
          mess called eckankar. He'll doing anything to avoid admitting he made a
          mistake. Even conceptually try to rig things. And rigging he does and
          rigging he will do. You know why? Because he has a vested interest in
          creating problems so he can be the hero and solve them.

          I hate to break the news to you eckist folks, but this is not master,
          this is a moron!

          Lurk

          --
          FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ECKANKAR, SEE:
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
            --- In eckankartruth@y..., "Sharon" <brighttigress@y...> wrote:
            > (from Tom Leafeater, excerpt from a.r.e. post)
            >

            > >What an idiot!!! First of all, the chambermaid could give a rat's
            ass
            > >what's in Klemp's garbage.
            >
            > Exactly. This is really odd, actually.
            >

            > They want to get the room done, and get the
            > >hell out of there and go home.
            >
            > This is my experience, also.
            >

            > >Secondly, if he clogged the toilet...why did he keep throwing in
            more
            > >shredded paper? DUH!!!!!!
            > >

            > It is rather strange behavior, I think. We all do stupid, silly
            things once in
            > a while, but this is quite odd. What the heck was he shredding in
            the wee hours
            > of the night? Interesting...

            Probably some tax shelters, drug deals, or money laundering scheme
            that Klemp is involved in. Who the hell would go to so much trouble
            unless he had something to hide?

            Alf