10 Rules For A Happy Day

  • james bean
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2000
      From: James Bean spiritualawakening@...

      Someone sent this to me earlier; this is really great!

      Blessings to all,

      JAMES

      10 Rules For A Happy Day
      1. TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK:
      If someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind....I will
      not respond in a like manner.

      2. TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY "ENEMY":
      If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will
      quietly ask GOD to bless that individual. I understand the "enemy"
      could be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.

      3. TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY:
      I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not
      spread gossip.

      4. TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE:
      I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.

      5. TODAY I WILL FORGIVE:
      I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.

      6. TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING NICE FOR SOMEONE, AND I WILL DO IT
      SECRETLY:
      I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.

      7. TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED:
      I will practice the golden rule -- do unto others as I would have them do
      unto you-with everyone I encounter.

      8. TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED:
      My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the difference
      to someone who is wrestling with life.

      9. TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY:
      I will eat only as much my body needs; I will eat only healthy foods. I
      will thank GOD for my body.

      10. TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY:
      I will spend a little more time in prayer today: I will begin reading
      something spiritual or inspirational today; I will find a quiet place (at
      some point during this day) and listen to GOD's voice!!!

      "But since we belong to the day, let us be self controlled, putting on faith
      and love as a breastplate, and hope of salvation as a helmet." I
      Thessalonians 5:8