Got Cat(s)?

  • brighttigress
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2002
      HOW TO WASH A CAT

      1. Thoroughly clean the toilet
      .
      2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet
      water and have both
      lids up.

      3. Find the cat and soothe him while you carry him
      towards the bathroom.

      4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and
      close both lids. (You may need to stand on the lid so that he
      cannot escape.) The
      cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind
      the noises that
      come from your toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
      CAUTION: do not get any part of your body too close to
      the edge, as his
      paws will be reaching out for anything they can find.

      5. Flush the toilet three or four times. this provides
      a "power wash"
      and "rinse," which I have found to be effective.

      6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure
      that there are
      no people between the toilet and the outside door.

      7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and
      quickly lift both
      lids. (A reach-extender such as a plunger or toilet bowl brush may be helpful here!)

      8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and
      run outside,
      where he will dry himself.
    • colleenmft
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 20, 2002
        I hear you, Sharon....

        Synchronistically, I washed my cat today in the kitchen sink....she
        walked on the just painted porch and then scurried away.

        Now, what I want to know is.....what's up???? Obviously, the cult
        stuff has become boring...(I know what you mean)....but you remain
        loyal and true in your committment to Truth, Accountability, and
        Responsibility. (Or so it seems).

        I understand how difficult it is (if not impossible) to get through
        to those who have succumbed to mind control. What works with many
        to help them see through the fog, I think, is to reflect upon who
        they were and what meaningful experiences they had prior to the
        cult. Just a crack...is helpful to regaining awareness of what one
        is and is not and then easing out of the mind control.

        Did any of the above make sense?

        Colleen

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 21, 2002
          --- In eckankartruth@y..., "colleenmft" <colleenmft@y...> wrote:
          > I hear you, Sharon....
          >

          > I understand how difficult it is (if not impossible) to get through
          > to those who have succumbed to mind control. What works with many
          > to help them see through the fog, I think, is to reflect upon who
          > they were and what meaningful experiences they had prior to the
          > cult. Just a crack...is helpful to regaining awareness of what one
          > is and is not and then easing out of the mind control.

          I dunno Colleen. I was never one to spare the rod and spoil the
          chela. I think cher could use a nice old fashioned "crack" upside her
          head for being such an arrogant little priss.<G>

          Alf
        • brighttigress
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 23, 2002
            --- In eckankartruth@y..., "colleenmft" <colleenmft@y...> wrote:
            > I hear you, Sharon....
            >
            > Synchronistically, I washed my cat today in the kitchen sink....she
            > walked on the just painted porch and then scurried away.

            I hope the paint was dry! <gg> It's sort of like when you mop the kitchen floor, even though nothing's been dropped on it for a week or so, once it's mopped, well...all of a sudden you get the "clumsies"!!

            Cats are funny creatures, and I *do* love them - but I also enjoy "sick" jokes. I think most people don't even try to bathe their cats, so they never learn that some cats *enjoy* water! In fact, years ago I had a kitten who started out perching on the side of the tub as I was soaking, and after awhile decided it looked like fun, so he jumped in! Jumped right out, naturally, but tried it again - except I don't like sharing my baths with non-humans so I had to start giving him his own "private" baths.

            > Now, what I want to know is.....what's up???? Obviously, the cult
            > stuff has become boring...(I know what you mean)

            For me, it's "old", and not at all relevant to my life. But it's all new for others.

            Another funny thought - when I was an eckie, the eckthugs would talk about getting "toxic" at a.r.e. and having to take breaks - but this "toxicity" was actually within themselves. Okay, let me think of the words here - basically, they felt "toxic" because they were *reacting* to a.r.e., to having their cherished beliefs challenged, and having their own "negative" emotions aroused - their hatred & anger of non-believers - emotions which they're taught to suppress as a cult member, because this doesn't fit in with the "good" eckie cult-mask needed for recruiting, or with their own smug "spirichul" self-images.

            Except some of them, who seem to enjoy being "toxic" and vicious. Nathan's an old example, and these days Grundie personifies the true "inner consciousness" of the cult. From Klemp all the way down, in spite of the "tolerant" faces they wear, they'd zap us out of existence if they could.

            One thing about the "old" pre-cult me was actually being very "centered" about who I am. That even goes way back to elementary school - I've never been one of those "group" people. Same in high school, where kids usually seem to "bond" with some particular "clique" to support themselves, reinforce/develop their chosen "identities" or whatever. I didn't identify myself with any particular group, had friends in all of them, but I couldn't exactly be classified with *any* of them.

            The cult didn't totally change me, but it *did* get me into that "group consciousness" more than I realized. It was good to shake it off.

            Oh, heck, there's more I could write on this but I've gotta run, and even if I didn't, I don't feel like typing right now. <gg>

            ....but you remain
            > loyal and true in your committment to Truth, Accountability, and
            > Responsibility. (Or so it seems).

            Geezus, Colleen, that capitalization stuff reminds me of eckankult!

            Hey, if we started an anti-eckcult organization, we could use this line either on our anti-eckcult ID cards, or on the anti-cult equivalent of "pink slips". BTW, does anyone remember what it was that we had to sign at initiations, what the wording was?

            Actually, the only thing I remain "loyal and true" to is the fact that I'm a bitch, an *ornery* bitch, and since MN & its loyal Swordsmen of the Suggie, Eckthugs, "clergy", etc. are so hell-bent on silencing former members, in order to continue their colonization of the universes for the Living ECK Master, I remain.

            Which reminds me - you were there in the early years, and really - I was "out" when I first heard of Twitch's original ID cards so of course I thought they were hilarious, but I can't for the life of me imagine that grown-ups, supposedly serious-spiritual types, actually fell for such bullshit! I mean, the spaces on the ID card where you stuck on little gold stars indicating initiation levels. Duh!

            > I understand how difficult it is (if not impossible) to get through
            > to those who have succumbed to mind control.

            Well, I'm not trying to "get through" to anyone - not exactly. I'm just doing my part in trying to get information out there so people can make an informed choice. If they're silly enough to either stay or join, well.... <shrug>.

            I want people to have the chance I didn't have when I picked up that donated eckbook at the library.

            And I *do* believe in the Golden Rule, which in this case is doing unto others as I'm *so* thankful was done for me by other former members!

            > What works with many
            > to help them see through the fog, I think, is to reflect upon who
            > they were and what meaningful experiences they had prior to the
            > cult. Just a crack...is helpful to regaining awareness of what one
            > is and is not and then easing out of the mind control.
            >
            > Did any of the above make sense?

            I understand what you're saying, but I think this part comes *after* you make the decision to get out, in the process of putting yourself back together.

            I didn't realize it as a member, of course, since it's very subtle, but since I've been out the constant "recruit new members" messages are *so* obvious! For example, last night I posted a klempquote from the Mystic World over at a.r.e., something about how the world is "spiritually starved". Well...that's one thing the cult did to change me - indoctrinating me to believe that people really *needed* the cult or they were lost, and instead of seeing all the beautiful & miraculous things in the world, and the awesome spiritual experiences of so many other people (see Reader's Digest or just about *any* checkout-line women's magazine, fer crissakes!), well, I slapped on the ecklabel. We all did it. "It's THE ECK, but they just don't know it!!" Yes, we were trained to think that anything "spiritual" from a source other than the cult, from other religions, were just "the eck" giving out small doses of "Itself" slowly, helping others work their way up to "meeting the mahanta".

            What crap, you know!!

            Okay, I started typing this the other day - just got back to it, don't have much more to say right now - since summer is almost over, I've got to sort of start working on being a bit more self-disciplined & lay off this "enjoying the moment" stuff, and approach the new website & work involved as a "real" job or whatever. Except actually, I like Autumn a lot more than summer!!!

            I am *so* lazy!!! <ggg> It's so much easier to just pop into the cesspool & post something spur-of-the-moment.

            Gotta go...have a nice weekend, everyone!

          • brighttigress
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 23, 2002
              --- In eckankartruth@y..., "al_radzik" <al_radzik@y...> wrote:
              > --- In eckankartruth@y..., "colleenmft" <colleenmft@y...> wrote:
              > > I hear you, Sharon....
              > >

              > > I understand how difficult it is (if not impossible) to get through to those who have succumbed to mind control. What works with many to help them see through the fog, I think, is to reflect upon who they were and what meaningful experiences they had prior to the cult. Just a crack...is helpful to regaining awareness of what one
              > > is and is not and then easing out of the mind control.
              >
              > I dunno Colleen. I was never one to spare the rod and spoil the
              > chela. I think cher could use a nice old fashioned "crack" upside her
              > head for being such an arrogant little priss.<G>
              >
              > Alf

              Grundie *is* a bitch, isn't she? Poor Windy - no wonder she's sort of faded away!! She tried *so* hard, but Grundie out-bitched her!!

              Okay, I'm going to drop my ever-so-useful vicious, vile, ranting "dEmOnSpAwN" outfit here, and <barf!!!! puke!!!!) and put on a different one here for a moment -

              We're not much different from animals, you know. Some of them are born just plain *nasty*!!! But some start out okay, and various things in their lives change them. And that's sad.

              So...let's give Grundie the benefit of the doubt. Just for a minute, then maybe I'll pop over to the cesspool and give the bitch some more aggravation...

              First of all, us former cult members had some kind of "weakness" which made us susceptible to falling for the con job. You're one of those "different stories" who thank God was only sucked in for a short time. Grundie, like most of the eckthugs, has been in it for a long time - she's probably a "high initiate".

              Many cult members seem "okay" but inside, before they got sucked in, they had "inner" problems with low self-esteem, self-doubt, insecurity, etc. Many were in a particularly vulnerable period of their lives.

              So...think of Grundie here, and I think this is very likely since she shows such obvious signs of jealousy of someone with a legitimate career (Colleen) and she does so much internet research and uses it to look "intelligent", but the fact is, even *before* her hubby kicked the bucket, she was sort of glued to the computer. What an insult, considering cult members' beliefs about how we choose to leave for the learning experience & all, stuff like that certainly made her feel deserted & dumped by her husband, which is a lot harder than women who just have to deal with a "normal" husband-having-a-heart-attack-while-shoveling-snow situation. It's not uncommon for eckwidows to devote themselves even more to the cult, because they're not able to face life sensibly like the rest of the world. You've gotta maintain a high state of denial to be in the cult, you know - especially if you're "active" on the internet where you druglike beliefs are challenged with such obvious *facts*.

              So...Grundie's gotta take out her frustrations, etc., on other people. It's the only way she can maintain her belief in her sanity & "rightness". She doesn't really have a real "identity" outside of the cult. She wasn't in such great shape when she got sucked in - although she was probably in denial about it. And along comes this stuff that tells her she's special, she's "chosen", she's luuuuuuved like she's never been luuuuuuuved before -

              So you gotta feel sorry for her sometimes. What a sad and sorry pseudo-life she must have!

              Oh, hECK, I'm not in the mood for this. The thing is, a.r.e. is a wonderful place because it shows the true soul of e-kult. On the other hand, it's disgusting and I don't like going there - the feeling I had in the EckGestapo, when I was an eckist. All the "bad vibes" are from the eckists, and the whole "consciousness" of the cult. I wish I could keep a big wall between here & there, but -- I guess that's not possible.

              I've gotta type up a really creepy klemparticle from the "Mystic World" - you know, I've used the word "soporific" about Klemp before, because it just seems perfect. And the funny thing, it works the same way whether you're in the cult or out of it. When you're a member, his stuff hits you the way they want it to - you sort of fall into that spacey warm-fuzzy new agey bowl of pablum, and drown in it - but you think it's "good" and "spirichul". When you wake up, get out, and see it for what it is, well -- it still sort of lulls you into a stupified state of mind, with me because it's so meaningless and boring.

              But you know...it's not. And that's really scarey. When I read klempstuff now, I sort of go cross-eyed and my mind wanders off - but as a cult member, his bullshit still "sunk in" without my being aware of it.

              So tonight, trying to find my desk beneath the mess <gg>, I picked up the Winter 1987 Mystic World that's been propped up here for awhile, but this time I *really* looked at his article, "ECKANKAR - The New-Age Religion." I was awake, and aware, and totally *horrified* to see, for the first time, what this looney-toon was saying!! So, I want to type the thing up & post it here & over at the cesspool. It is *really* sick shit.

              Have a great weekend!! Isn't it great that it cooled down a bit??

              Hugs,

              sharon
            • colleenmft
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 8, 2002

                Sharon, you wrote:
                "> Geezus, Colleen, that capitalization stuff reminds me of eckankult!

                I can understand that my statement could seem to come from
                the "eckankult", but what I meant is that you seem committed to your
                honest experience....and you have a strong sense of self and wisdom
                from which you reflect.

                My above statement may have been a "trigger" in evoking feelings from
                eckankar days.

                I'll reconsider using it in caps.