ecky

  • Horace (Bud) Ellis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
      >Helen's post reads "ecky" to me.

      It sounds real ecky to me. In or out, she is definitely an enabler for
      eckankar. Show me an alcoholic or addict, and I will show you people who
      are enabling their activities. Someone is covering for them, giving them
      food, a place to stay, money, whatever. They can't make it on their
      own. The same is true of eckankar. It is too fraught with lies and deceit
      to ever make it in the real world without people enabling it.

      This is why the law that knowledge of a crime makes you equally guilty if
      you do nothing is absolutely essential to democracy. You either enable
      undesirable activities or you don't. Silence is consent.

      >It is misleading to write that many eckies do not think
      >that the Mahaunta oops, mahanta is not the
      >greatest state of consciousness.

      Right! This is the whole attraction of eckankar, that they are superior to
      everybody else, that they have found the one and only way, that all roads
      lead to Rome and the Living Death Master has crowned himself Caesar.

      When you cease to learn, grow, develop, and evolve, you are brain
      dead. You may be living but you are dead. If the guru/disciple
      description is accurate, the individual loses self-trust, remains a
      spiritual child, and gives up personal power and identity. In essence
      personal development is arrested, and the disciple merges his self with the
      master. The person ends his own spiritual existence thereby committing
      spiritual suicide. In this sense eckankar is spiritual death. It is the
      living death of the soul, and their master is the Living Death
      Master. Soul travel? How can you travel when you are dead? It's all one
      big illusion.

      >his masterly power flows

      What this really means is that he's not taking his medicine.

      >The "mahanta" is simply a copyrighted cult-word.

      It's not in my Merriam Webster's dictionary copyrighted 1993, and it is not
      in the spell-check (2001) on my computer. It only exists in the
      brainwashed imaginations of the living dead.

      If a bank robber buys a nice house in a nice subdivision, he may appear
      legitimate to people who don't know him. He's still a thief, it is still
      stolen money, and any respectable person will turn him in and have nothing
      to do with him. Plagiarism is theft. Eckankar is stolen material. No
      respectable person deals with thieves.

      Ever notice how Klemp resembles Darth Vader's master? Put a black cloak
      over his head and it would be hard to tell the difference.

      Anybody get a this email?

      From: "Tan E.G.Tan E.G." <egtan@...>
      Subject: Blessing People
      Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 21:39:14 -0600

      Hi There,
      I wanted to spread this good karma to you.
      This is my true experiance. Six months back my shoe company was going
      bankrupt in a time of one month. I have no where to turn to. Luckily I met
      this guy Michael at www.blessing-people.com This is a non-profit web site.
      He really saved me. He started to chant for mine business without asking
      for any money when I told him my story. In just 10 days my business turn
      around. ...

      I hit the return button and told him to quit bothering me and asked how he
      got my email address. I got my letter back as undeliverable, the mailbox
      had been discontinued or did not exist. I wonder if this is more eck crap
      complete with misspellings and incorrect grammar.

    • hfloyd2002
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
        You'll put whatever "label" on me that makes you comfortable. Not
        everyone fits into the little "ecky treckie" ( I just made that up!)
        box you've assigned- there are wide variations in personal practice
        and opinions.
        I just prefer to go by what ( I think it was Sitting Bull?) said
        when talkng of the white man's culture and religion and how it would
        affect his people.
        something on the order of " take what is good from the white man, and
        leave the rest" ( maybe someone can correct me here). There is good
        and bad everywhere- or positive and negative- depending on how you
        think.Try to take what is good from everything you investigate-and
        ignore the rest.THere is always going to be something that does not
        agree with your inner self- and one should not try to convince oneself
        of teachings that don't really "feel right" . You can choose to
        follow any religion or Path, or you can choose to follow none and
        follow spiritual pursuits of your own heart - God is going to be there
        regardless.

        Love and Blessings,

        Helen