Re: [eckankartruth] Re: New truth

  • John Hellyer
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2002
      Sharon,
      I've seen the book you mentioned but don't own it. If it goes into too much detail, scrap it. My personal favorite is Zen Speaks by Tsai Chih Chung and translated by Brian Bruya. It is an irreverent (Zen is just that) approach to Zen Buddhism done in cartoon format. The art work is superb and illustrates the concept very well. Remember Zen is a study in NO thingness The subtitle of Zen Speaks is Shouts of Nothingness.
      Perhaps Planet X will someday collide with earth. In the meantime, I will continue to ask the "Apacolypse Now" crowd to sign over their worldly goods to me effective the day they predict the rapture. (gg) Funny how I've never had any takers. Heck, they can't take it with them, what's the problem?
      Mantra chanting can be silent, in groups or in a state of aloneness. I like the Tibetian national mantra Om Mani Pedme Hung meaning; "All hail to the jewel at the heart of the lotus"-all hail, in other words, to that enlightened love-consciousness that waits to be uncovered and lived at the core of our being." This from Andrew Harvey 's book , The Direct Path. The lotus is the heart chakra.
      Peace to all,
      John