Self image

  • eckcestlafolie
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2002
      The discrepancy between what Eckankar says and what Eckankar does has
      been brought to light over and over again and once more illustrated
      in the way it handles a resignation. The go ahead but reminder of
      the threats and intimidation of all the things that will happen to
      you is a familiar, expected, and predictable reaction. The puzzle is
      not what Eckankar is going to do but how do you explain it.

      The answer lies in a book Sharon posted the reference to a couple of
      months ago. (Feb 26 <http://ultra-authority.20m.com/>, pages 60-61)
      People intent in obtaining heavy duty control over and manipulating
      others don't actually have low self esteem or self concept. They
      have no self concept. Instead of a self concept they have a self
      image. The difference seemed like a word game at first, but thinking
      about it I came to understand what it means. Self concept is
      intrinsic. It comes from inside. You are the person you are because
      of who you are on the inside. As Frank Lloyd Wright defined
      integrity, it is from within out. Self image, on the other hand, is
      extrinsic. It comes from the outside. You are the person you are
      because of who you appear to be to others on the outside.

      Thus it matters little to the seekers of control over the minds and
      spirits of men if they contradict themselves, lie, con, cheat,
      steal. What does matter to them is that they have the illusion of
      and appear to be in control and have the power. Politicians
      routinely break campaign promises and are reelected because they
      appear to have the power. The church has tortured, burned at the
      stake, castrated young boys for their voice, declared the sun
      revolves around the earth, condoned slavery, protected pedifile
      priests, etc., because the church has no self concept, only a self
      image. The Aztec priests cut out the hearts of up to 12,000 victims
      on holidays, skinned them and danced in their skin "to keep the earth
      turning." And so Eckankar has made up an equally ridiculous story
      about a "master" who came from a planet with a surface temperature of
      800 degrees and an atmosphere of poisonous gases.

      If you try to tell these people they are lying, contradicting
      themselves, and aren't making sense, you miss the point. These are
      qualities that are not acceptable to people with a self concept.
      Eckist, like all power and control seeking people, don't have a self
      concept; they have a self image. It's not whether they tell a lie
      that counts, but whether they can make the lie accepted. It is the
      image they project that determines who they are. How they project
      that image doesn't really matter to them.

      I see Eckists as people who have always felt like they were on the
      outside looking in. Then one day someone comes along and says join
      my club and in two years you can be everything all the great leaders
      of the past have been and more. This is crack cocaine to a self
      image person. A Twitch of the magic rod of power, and the rabbit is
      out of the hat.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2002
        Michael writes:

        Imagine is someone came into your house, and started saying that the
        furnishings were no good, and that the carpet colour was all wrong,
        and then they started to take off their pants and pee on it!
        Well... You might get a little upset, but then you realise that are
        drinking up your angst, and saying "My... no real love here, is
        there!"

        Alf writes:
        Imagine that you are involved in something that may harm you and
        someone came up to you and said that what you are doing is not good
        for you. Let's assume for a moment it is drug addiction or alcoholism.
        The house is a mess and you are sitting there in a stupor believing in
        your stubborn heart that you are right, but you aren't beause the
        person talking to you has been through it all and back. That's the one
        you want to listen to...like it or not.

        Michael writes:
        And if you respond, they will say "Why, you can't believe in yourself?
        Why can't you deal with my arguments."

        Alf writes:

        You can't deal with my arguments because you are not ready to let go
        of this denial and come back to the real world. You are living in a
        fantasy that what you are believing can hurt you in the end.

        Michael babbles:

        Then they go on to say that the house you are living in is no good...
        Don't mind that it keeps out the leaks, and that a lot of people have
        had a happy family life... apparently the builder took a few pieces of
        wood from some other sites ... No one complained from the other sites,
        and no one ever objected, apart from the detractor, who says this was
        a deep crime that breaks his trust in the builder forever.

        Alf replies:

        Stealing material from another site is theft. It can be used by
        several builders to cut corners and cost. Often times, condominiums
        are built shabbily and eventually will burn to the ground and kill the
        family all because the wiring wasn't correct or the firewalls were not
        flame retardent. The fact that they stole from other sites is one
        problem, but the art and craft of building is seriously compromised by
        the unskilled laborer who built the house. Detractors just warn of
        those possibilities.

        Yet, for some reason he fails to realise that standing there, he is in
        the shelter of the house himself. His entire reason for being there
        seems to be complaining about the house that he is standing in...

        And it is only out of compassion that detractors continue their quest
        to remind newcomers of the deeply serious faults inherent in the path
        known as Eckankar.

        Can you figure it out? I can't...

        I can tell why you can't figure it out. You use terrible analogies.
        Next time, think about it with a clear mind.

        Alf

        Love

        Michael
      • brighttigress
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2002
          Hey Alf!

          I skimmed thru this quickly the other day - and part of me says "oh yuk, I do *not* want a.r.e. garbage here!" but on the other hand, I remembered slimeball MW had it *really* screwed up...so I'm popping back to go over my thoughts...

          Haven't been to the cesspool all week, really...geezus, close to 400 posts piled up there, it looks like a post-seminar feeding frenzy...
          I oughtta go "terrorize" a bit but I'm not in the mood...another day...

          Anyway...

          --- In eckankartruth@y..., "al_radzik" <al_radzik@y...> wrote:
          > Michael writes:
          >
          > Imagine is someone came into your house, and started saying that the
          > furnishings were no good, and that the carpet colour was all wrong,
          > and then they started to take off their pants and pee on it!
          > Well... You might get a little upset, but then you realise that are
          > drinking up your angst, and saying "My... no real love here, is
          > there!"

          Get real, Wallyboy, fer crissakes! This has absolutely *nothing* to do with e-kult or with former members who woke up, got out, and speak out!

          It was *our* house, too. But I'd say it was more like, well...more like a bunch of little orphaned kids who got taken to an orphanage where they were mistreated & everything (sort of like British kids who were shipped to Australia & put in Catholic institutions) but didn't know any better, and we were lied to, to the point that we didn't realize we were being controlled and abused....

          Let me try to do something closer to the truth here....

          Okay, the furnishings and carpet color looked okay when we lived there, but it turns out that anything we liked had been STOLEN, and then after it was stolen Twitchler pissed on it, but it had dried & sunken in. The smell wasn't obvious. Plus...when you live in stink, you don't notice it. Just like the whole world before soap & deodorant were invented. Everyone smelled. It was normal. Nowadays, well...there's soap and deodorant, and the only reason someone would smell is because they're dirty. Even though they may *look* presentable, the clean clothes can't cover up the smell.

          Plus, while we lived in that house, we were sleeping on pissy floors and convinced that we were in nice comfy beds, not on a dirty pissy floor.

          > Alf writes:
          > Imagine that you are involved in something that may harm you and
          > someone came up to you and said that what you are doing is not good
          > for you. Let's assume for a moment it is drug addiction or alcoholism.
          > The house is a mess and you are sitting there in a stupor believing in
          > your stubborn heart that you are right, but you aren't beause the
          > person talking to you has been through it all and back. That's the one
          > you want to listen to...like it or not.

          E-kult is sort of like when Freud thought cocaine was wonderful stuff and everyone should use it every day!!

          > Michael writes:
          > And if you respond, they will say "Why, you can't believe in yourself?
          > Why can't you deal with my arguments."
          >
          > Alf writes:
          >
          > You can't deal with my arguments because you are not ready to let go
          > of this denial and come back to the real world. You are living in a
          > fantasy that what you are believing can hurt you in the end.

          I think Wallyboy is just an asswipe who 'd be an asswipe whether he was in the cult or not, except his cult membership & HI status helps him avoid acknowledging his own mediocrity.

          > Michael babbles:
          >
          > Then they go on to say that the house you are living in is no good...
          > Don't mind that it keeps out the leaks, and that a lot of people have
          > had a happy family life... apparently the builder took a few pieces of
          > wood from some other sites ... No one complained from the other sites,
          > and no one ever objected, apart from the detractor, who says this was
          > a deep crime that breaks his trust in the builder forever.

          What an asswipe!!! I'd say with e-kult, it's more like Twitch, the "builder", stole a lot of stuff that started out good, but, okay...let me think. He took good wood from elsewhere, but when he touched it, it turned into rotting particleboard or something, and maybe he covered it with tarpaper & spray painted it sparkly gold...

          Oh, fer crissakes - Twitch was a Liar and a Thief!!!!

          > Alf replies:
          >
          > Stealing material from another site is theft. It can be used by
          > several builders to cut corners and cost. Often times, condominiums
          > are built shabbily and eventually will burn to the ground and kill the
          > family all because the wiring wasn't correct or the firewalls were not
          > flame retardent. The fact that they stole from other sites is one
          > problem, but the art and craft of building is seriously compromised by
          > the unskilled laborer who built the house. Detractors just warn of
          > those possibilities.

          Yep, you did much better than *I* did on this one!

          The victims of Twitch's theft didn't pursue it because they're not greedy cults, and/or already have plenty, and a combination of recognizing the e-kult racket as the insignificant petty criminal operation it really is, and not worth the bother of a long court battle. Although e-kult is basically nothing more than bargain-basement $cientology, it would spare no expense in following L. Ron Hubbard's edict about using the legal system to harrass its enemies.

          > Wallaroo continues:
          > Yet, for some reason he fails to realise that standing there, he is in
          > the shelter of the house himself. His entire reason for being there
          > seems to be complaining about the house that he is standing in...

          You know, this illustrates the cultic brainwashing that makes eckists truly believe that former members go to a.r.e. because they are <ggg> drawn to the True Light in a bass-ackwards way!!

          Isn't this a hoot, everyone? C'mon, all you former members know exactly what I mean!

          And, he's also expressing the cultic belief that *everything* and *everyone* belong to Twitch's "teaching" whether they know it or not!!

          What bullshit!

          > And it is only out of compassion that detractors continue their quest
          > to remind newcomers of the deeply serious faults inherent in the path
          > known as Eckankar.

          Sorry to say it, but my compassion is being overcome with a combination of total boredom and deep revulsion when I have to have any kind of contact with this filthy disgusting cult and its equally revulsive "clergy" and "higher initiates".

          (MW) > Can you figure it out? I can't...

          Bullshit.

          > I can tell why you can't figure it out. You use terrible analogies.
          > Next time, think about it with a clear mind.

          A clear mind...in an eckist? <ggg>

          You know what? I think Wallyboy would make an *excellent* $cientologist, simply because he is so deliberately and calculatingly deceptive and dishonest. Vile and evil.

          Hey, Master, did this sound vile & vicious & ranting? I feel like I'm sort of losing my touch...oh, no, just realized I'm NOT!!! I'm just in such a darn good mood it's hard to even "fake" being dEmOnSpAwN!! <gg>

          Hugs,

          me.