Where does "mahanta" come from?

  • royalcourt5
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2002
      Hi everyone!

      I posted on "eckankarhistory" (another Yahoo! Group) my personal
      conclusion where this overused term "mahanta" comes from. The cult
      uses this term with such a frequency, it's like having a prayer wheel
      in your mind and someone turning it endlessly! :-)

      Here's the direct link to the post:

      I do not claim that this is the way it happened. But employing
      the "Occam's Razor" principle would suggest that it did.

      As a "fresh" ex-member I find that it's like a form of therapy to
      understand how Paul constructed the "modern-day" teachings of the
      cult. What he took from where, and how he changed the original
      meaning.

      Interestingly enough I'm retired right now until November 30, and
      where I live I've got a nice high-speed Internet connection which
      allows me to research all this stuff.

      I found leads on the net to almost all of the terms from old "suggie"
      to the "vairagis" and even a lead to where the number 971, which Paul
      employed for himself as being the 971th "mahanta", might have come
      from. But more on that later.

      Even without the good research of David Lane, it's all out there, if
      someone wants to look for it.

      Bye for now,

      Andy